Author Topic: New Guy From VA- fordguy_85  (Read 14638 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: New Guy From VA- fordguy_85
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »
It doesn't sound like much of a fishing site. I think they're fishing for something else.  ::thinking::

It's actually the best resource I've found for fishing/boating info. Many experts on many different topics are members there. They have a general off-topic section to the forum, and that's where the sh*t goes down. The proprietor is a Canadian liberal.

From the comments, why am I not surprised?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. IDP, I remember that whole mess too now...
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. IDP, I remember that whole mess too now...

Yeah, it sucked to go through it. I got a taste of what it's like to get piled-on without an ability to defend myself. I never crossed the line there any more than anybody else, and to have my comment here quoted out of context and reposted there, and then be accused of the opposite of the intention of the quote, was unnerving.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2013, 01:12:09 PM »
Some people...   ::creepycryingbaby::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.