Author Topic: Here come da vegans! Here come da vegans!  (Read 1389 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Here come da vegans! Here come da vegans!
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »
Norwegian army goes on vegetarian diet

AFP - The Norwegian military said Tuesday it plans to put its troops on a vegetarian diet once a week in a bid to fight a new kind of enemy -- climate change.

The army said its new meatless Mondays are meant to cut its consumption of ecologically unfriendly foods whose production contributes heavily to global warming.

"It's a step to protect our climate. The idea is to serve food that's respectful of the environment," spokesman Eystein Kvarving told AFP.

The diet has already been introduced at one of Norway's main bases and will soon be rolled out to all units, including those serving overseas, said the army, estimating it would cut its meat consumption by 150 tonnes per year.

::exitstageleft::

http://www.france24.com/en/20131119-norwegian-army-goes-vegetarian-diet
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Here come da vegans! Here come da vegans!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:10:51 AM »
Yes, these are the guys who used to be the terror of Europe, from Britain to the Black Sea. Now they're a bunch of tofu eaters.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »
If I have a business, let's say pizza and I deliver......I would run the heck out of specials on meatless Monday.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »
Norwussians!   ::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 04:14:38 PM »
Heh!  I sent the article link to a friend in a neighboring country.  His response, "Well.. this just points out that norwegians are dumber than I thought."  Forrest Gump had it right.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Magnum

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
A vegan diet is not healthy for you. I follow the Biblical diet or the Mediterranean diet.

I have kept my weight consistent through the past 30 years. I admit I too run, do Plyometrics  and lift weights. I have kept up my strength and I attribute some of this to my protein intake trough meat.

I tried the vegan diet for a time just to see the effects and I can say it seems to make one weaker, less energetic, and many of those on vegan diets eat soy which increases estrogen levels in men and in essence makes them less manly?  ;D.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:29:19 AM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
...... many of those on vegan diets eat soy which increases estrogen levels in men and in essence makes them less manly  ;D.

That should really work well for Algore.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
 ::popcorn::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 10:56:18 PM »
Norwegian army goes on vegetarian diet

AFP - The Norwegian military said Tuesday it plans to put its troops on a vegetarian diet once a week in a bid to fight a new kind of enemy -- climate change.

The army said its new meatless Mondays are meant to cut its consumption of ecologically unfriendly foods whose production contributes heavily to global warming.

"It's a step to protect our climate. The idea is to serve food that's respectful of the environment," spokesman Eystein Kvarving told AFP.

The diet has already been introduced at one of Norway's main bases and will soon be rolled out to all units, including those serving overseas, said the army, estimating it would cut its meat consumption by 150 tonnes per year.

::exitstageleft::

http://www.france24.com/en/20131119-norwegian-army-goes-vegetarian-diet

How about serving food that is respectful of your military asshats?
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

RickZ

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 05:56:35 AM »
A vegan diet is not healthy for you. I follow the Biblical diet or the Mediterranean diet.

There's definitely a difference between a vegan diet and a vegetarian diet.  Vegans forego all animal products including {GASP} cheese (because it's made from animals' milk).  Vegans don't eat eggs, either.  They are basically only eating veggies though they ignore the screams of the carrots on whom they commit genocide.  Vegans go so far with the anti-animal crap that they will not wear wool or leather products, either, as if the sheep could survive wearing all that unshorn wool; they'd be a chia pet on steroids.  If you don't milk a dairy cow that has no calf, they have a tendency to die from bacterial infection from the soured milk, mastitis (an infection in the mammary ducts in the udder caused by a build up of milk which harbors bacteria).  Not a quick and painless death by any means.

Vegetarians eat a much healthier diet.  I'm no vegetarian, but I do enjoy meatless days; as a kid meatless days were a necessity so my Mom could stretch the food budget (mac 'n cheese dinners. e.g., while today she might have made a pasta with red or cream sauce sauce and cheese).  Vegetarians eat eggs and milk and milk products, like cheese.  Some vegetarians will not eat animal flesh but will eat seafood.

Given a forced choice, I'd rather go vegetarian than vegan.

I also think a vagitarian diet is not a bad thing.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »

I also think a vagitarian diet is not a bad thing.

::pimp::
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
 ::popcorn::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
  Here's my answer.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2013, 12:37:07 AM »
Monday vegan day....... Symbolism over substance.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline OldSailor

• The world is sick and getting sicker.
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
  Here's my answer.

A man after my own heart!
"In it's most basic form the right to keep and bear arms is nothing less than the right to maintain the means of one's own self-defense. If a man chooses not to arm himself, that is his choice and right. It is NOT his right to force his choice upon me." - Me

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 10:17:23 AM »
  Here's my answer.

Mine too.

Although, I have to say, there are evenings when we have meal with no meat.  Not because I've decided that "tonight we have no meat", but because I make a few dishes that simply have none, and we've had a jonesing.

It's the deliberate avoidance of meat by some people that irritates me, moreso that they characterize some food as "meatless", as though there's some virtue in the "sacrifice".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"