Author Topic: More revelations on the "you have to pass it to know what's in it" bill  (Read 969 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Buried deep in the bowels of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is a provision to impose a 3.8% tax on real estate transactions.  Proceeding without regard to Federal Judge Roger Vinson’s ruling that the health care law is unconstitutional the Obama administration appears to be pushing ahead with implementation of the real estate tax scheme. 

According to FactCheck.org ( if they are to be believed) the 3.8% real estate transaction tax would only apply to individuals earning more than $200,000 per year or couples earning $250,000 per year, but Yazel’s concerns are well worth noting.  The good citizens of Tulsa County can be thankful that Ken Yazel is on the job and paying attention and that goes for the rest of us too.

Census Bureau in charge of this piece of it.

Link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline rickl

• Established Member
The weakness and fecklessness of the Republican Party in failing to fight this unconstitutional tyranny will be a direct and proximate cause of the violence when it breaks out, as it must if we are to retain our liberty.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:33:27 PM by rickl »
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

I've been shopping for property and yesterday I toured a beautiful value: one mile from the center of downtown, across the street from the largest park, theater and zoo, two acre lot, gated, 4500 sq ft., carriage house with quarters, etc for only 5.7.

At 3.8% I would be giving Bambi 216,600, HE CAN KMA.

Offline rickl

• Established Member

I've been shopping for property and yesterday I toured a beautiful value: one mile from the center of downtown, across the street from the largest park, theater and zoo, two acre lot, gated, 4500 sq ft., carriage house with quarters, etc for only 5.7.

At 3.8% I would be giving Bambi 216,600, HE CAN KMA.

Wow, you're actually thinking of buying that?  Good for you!   ::thumbsup::

(No class warfare or envy here.)  ::beertoast::
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
I might be able to scare up the down for the carriage house  ::whoohoo::