Topics > Judiciary, Crime, & Courts

Start crying for joy, 1...2...3..............

(1/1)

oldcoastie6468:

--- Quote ---Same-sex couple's wedding a first for Illinois
Associated Press By SOPHIA TAREEN
2 hours ago

CHICAGO (AP) — In a short ceremony inside their Chicago apartment, two beaming brides made Illinois history Wednesday as they became the first gay couple to wed under the state's new law legalizing same-sex marriage.

The law approved last week doesn't go into effect until June, but one of the women — Vernita Gray — is terminally ill with cancer, so she and her partner of five years, Patricia Ewert, were granted an expedited marriage license by a federal judge's order.

The two made it official Wednesday in front of more than 20 friends at their high-rise home on the city's North Side. A Cook County judge officiated, and a close friend who deemed himself the "flower girl" tossed red rose petals and the couple kissed several times.

They were pronounced wife and wife.
--- End quote ---

http://news.yahoo.com/same-sex-couples-wedding-first-illinois-212754127.html

KittenClaws:
Wife and Wife?

I should be repulsed. But I am saddened. One of these women is terminally ill, soon to meet her maker.

To enter into a deviant relationship because of some sort of, I don't know, maladjustment, rejection, whatever the cause. Whatever it is, it is mental illness of some sort.

That she would choose to accept the acceptance of man, before that of God.

I am a horrible person. I am sinful. I have some skeletons that I will reveal to no man, but seek Gods forgiveness for, hoping He will save me from the darkness I deserve.

If God truly sees our heart regardless of action, may God see hers and find it pure.

Sorry everyone, I just can not be snarky and condemning in this case. This is sad.p

Alphabet Soup:
I couldn't agree more KittenClaws. The snark is a coping mechanism - a way of remarking upon something one has no control over (but frequently has control over them). It is my way of saying, "I'm going to either make fun of this or I'm gonna start killing people."

God help us on the day I can't find something funny to say...

warpmine:

--- Quote from: KittenClaws on November 27, 2013, 09:59:30 PM ---Wife and Wife?

I should be repulsed. But I am saddened. One of these women is terminally ill, soon to meet her maker.

To enter into a deviant relationship because of some sort of, I don't know, maladjustment, rejection, whatever the cause. Whatever it is, it is mental illness of some sort.

That she would choose to accept the acceptance of man, before that of God.

I am a horrible person. I am sinful. I have some skeletons that I will reveal to no man, but seek Gods forgiveness for, hoping He will save me from the darkness I deserve.

If God truly sees our heart regardless of action, may God see hers and find it pure.

Sorry everyone, I just can not be snarky and condemning in this case. This is sad.p

--- End quote ---
"No one comes to the Father but though Me"
Don't bother worrying, if it is true, then neither will ever see their maker. There is a great chance they can meet their destiny, in hell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version