Author Topic: NFL bans gun commercial from Super Bowl XLVIII  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
NFL bans gun commercial from Super Bowl XLVIII
« on: November 28, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Daniel Defense submitted a commercial to Fox for airing during the 2014 Super Bowl.  The NFL rejected it on the following basis:

According to a statement from FOX to Daniel Defense, “Unfortunately, we cannot accept your commercial in football/Super Bowl spots due to the rules the NFL itself has set into place for your company’s category.”

The NFL’s Advertising Policy addresses several Prohibited Advertising Categories, including guidelines for ads featuring alcohol, video games, movies, prescription drugs, and, of course, firearms.

The firearms portion of the NFL’s Prohibited Advertising Categories states:

“5. Firearms, ammunition or other weapons are prohibited; however, stores that sell firearms and ammunitions (e.g., outdoor stores and camping stores) will be permitted, provided they sell other products and the ads do not mention firearms, ammunition or other weapons.”

According to these guidelines, Daniel Defense’s Super Bowl commercial does not violate NFL policy for two reasons:

• Daniel Defense has a brick-and-mortar store, where they sell products other than firearms such as apparel.
  • The commercial itself does not mention firearms, ammunition or weaponry.

While Daniel Defense’s commercial does not mention firearms, it does include a logo of their DDM4 rifle at the very end.

When the NFL denied the ad, Daniel Defense immediately offered to replace the DDM4 logo with an American flag and/or the words “Shall not be infringed.”

The NFL replied with another non-negotiable denial.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/11/27/nfl-bans-super-bowl-gun-commercial/
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: NFL bans gun commercial from Super Bowl XLVIII
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
The National Felons League can't take a chance of offending anyone. They'd also be encouraging the criminals on the teams to get even more firearms and commit even more violence.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Screw 'em.  We don't patronize NFL anything and especially not the Superbawl.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
WEll some/poor aoul will have to watch the superbowl, just so we know what advertisers to boycot.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:19 AM »
Ad ban response.

Yes, everything about that ad was just so, umm, so...so non-offensive!

And yes, Ningcompoop Foolsball League, play more booze commercials with loud rap music and booty, because nothing says family like booze & booty!

::cussing::  assholes!

By their own stupid rules nothing in that DD ad violated anything...but censorship of ANY kind by government, the media or public organizations is wrong on principle and just plain stupid!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 08:49:22 AM »
Honestly, I don't care anymore what the Nancyboy Football League does.  Beyond it's moronic fans that are about to force me into subsidizing a McMansion stadium, so they can look at lights on TV that are prettier than metrodome lights.

On the other hand, 5 1/2 years and I'm outta here.  Minnesotans are digging their own grave.  I'll watch it finalize from afar.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:38 AM »
From Armed Citizens United @ArmedCitizensU (Twitter)

A Comparison Between Two NFL Ads
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.