Author Topic: Portland Rent-A-Cop to little girl: Begging OK, selling verbotten!  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Portland Rent-A-Cop to little girl: Begging OK, selling verbotten!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:56 PM »
Just read about this at Breitbart.  Some of the comments ::shaking head::  ..... people actually defending "the rules".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »
Just read about this at Breitbart.  Some of the comments ::shaking head::  ..... people actually defending "the rules".

That's what bugs me about the "law & order" breed of conservative. I've alluded to these people before, the ones who might disagree with all the Left's policies but scoff at any notion that it represents an unfolding tyranny because elections!!!111!!

Likewise to these people, rules are rules are rules, and they should be obediently observed until such time as our bureaucrat overlords grant a dispensation.  They lack the fire and indignation of the Founders.  They represent the inertia on our side that is largely responsible for the "not the hill to die on" mindset, and now here we are with hardly any hills left.  They'd probably have criticized the original Boston Tea Party on the basis that those taxes were duly enacted by Parliament.

These people are going to be worse than useless when things go extracurricular.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

That's what bugs me about the "law & order" breed of conservative. I've alluded to these people before, the ones who might disagree with all the Left's policies but scoff at any notion that it represents an unfolding tyranny because elections!!!111!!

Likewise to these people, rules are rules are rules, and they should be obediently observed until such time as our bureaucrat overlords grant a dispensation.  They lack the fire and indignation of the Founders.  They represent the inertia on our side that is largely responsible for the "not the hill to die on" mindset, and now here we are with hardly any hills left.  They'd probably have criticized the original Boston Tea Party on the basis that those taxes were duly enacted by Parliament.

Here's the way it goes with them:  "we all/they had to jump through hoops/follow the law, so why shouldn't this girl/that boy have to as well?" and becaaaaaause "the rules are there for a reason".

Hippie, please.  Whatthehell.  Instead of coming out against overweening strangulation imposed on *everybody* by the bureaucracy, they want to make sure *nobody* escapes.

If "the rules are there for a reason", who is asking the reason?  Few, because it seems obvious; the rules are needed to keep out the riff-raff, keep people in line, impose order -- to do all the things we as a society used to do by and for ourselves.  Once upon a time, we didn't need no stinkin' formal rules because most everybody knew what was expected .... and what would be forthcoming by way of social opprobrium -- that'd be your family and neighbors -- against transgressors.  Er .... that old-fashioned and outdated community standards thingie.  Quaint, hunh?  But the sixties rolled by, "judging" became "judgmental" because "who are you", and so "the rules", imposed by our betters filled the vacuum where our common sense once existed.  Zero tolerance means no exceptions because discrimination.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 04:41:44 PM »
Ă˜bamacare is a law and it's there for a reason so I need to STFU and obey it then....right? (stop giggling at me!)

Right?!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
Riiiiight.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

These are going to be the real obstacles
They are the ones who are "just following orders"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 05:40:09 PM »

Here's the way it goes with them:  "we all/they had to jump through hoops/follow the law, so why shouldn't this girl/that boy have to as well?" and becaaaaaause "the rules are there for a reason".

Hippie, please.  Whatthehell.  Instead of coming out against overweening strangulation imposed on *everybody* by the bureaucracy, they want to make sure *nobody* escapes.

If "the rules are there for a reason", who is asking the reason?  Few, because it seems obvious; the rules are needed to keep out the riff-raff, keep people in line, impose order -- to do all the things we as a society used to do by and for ourselves.  Once upon a time, we didn't need no stinkin' formal rules because most everybody knew what was expected .... and what would be forthcoming by way of social opprobrium -- that'd be your family and neighbors -- against transgressors.  Er .... that old-fashioned and outdated community standards thingie.  Quaint, hunh?  But the sixties rolled by, "judging" became "judgmental" because "who are you", and so "the rules", imposed by our betters filled the vacuum where our common sense once existed.  Zero tolerance means no exceptions because discrimination.

great comment, Pan
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 07:33:38 PM »
Thank you, LV.  Coming from you, that's something worth having.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 07:59:08 PM »
Thank you, LV.  Coming from you, that's something worth having.

wow, thanks!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:10 AM »
The only laws/rules deemed worth a damn are those that can be enforced, that make people obey?  Is that the standard now?  What about God-given rights of man?  What about inviolable Constitutional rights?  Might makes right?  If they want to go down that road...get ready for Hell!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.