Author Topic: Female Broadcasters  (Read 1454 times)

Offline KittenClaws

Female Broadcasters
« on: November 30, 2013, 04:33:40 PM »
I'm in the kitchen making those things that seemed to be too much for just two on thanksgiving;  green bean casserole, which I like and he does not, and fried gizzards which, for some reason he loves. (Gizzards? Really?)

He's watching college football, Duke and North Carolina. I don't know this, I have to ask him so I can post correctly.

Football is background noise to me, comfortable and generational.  If my husband disappeared from the face of the earth, I'd listen to football just to bring his memory near. But, while he lives, I can take it or leave it.

Back to the OP.

There is a female commentator. I can tell by the screeching noise. The "woman who must be man" sound.  They were making some kind of play, I don't know, I know there was this irritating Female voice.  It irritates me.

So I ask my husband "what do you think about female broadcasters?"  Silence. 

(I have a story about this man not answering me as soon as I think he should, it involves him doing the Heimlich on himself because his non-answer was so typical, that I didn't realize he was choking and couldn't answer, but I digress)

To check his status I add "if you think about female broadcasters"

"I don't have a problem with female broadcasters" he says. (Well, krap!' I think) "except", he says, "in football".

Now I'm interested.

"Why is that."

"Because they don't play the game, they have never played the game. They play basketball, golf, baseball, they can identify with those sports - but not football" they can't call football beyond the rules.  Without having played, they lack passion"

Well, he gives them more credit than I do. I think female broadcasters are just shrieking women who want to be men,regardless of the game.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Female Broadcasters
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »
I tend to agree with him, but then I only watch 3 things on television anymore. College football, college baseball, and college softball.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 07:41:55 PM »
When did it become law that sideline reporters have to be women?  Yeah it's just annoying.  The whole thing got put into high gear back in the early 90s when some female reporter made a big stink about behaviors she observed in a report from the locker room. This was early in Rush's national show and I recall him getting a lot of mileage out of it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »
I think the tone in their voices is the most grating thing this side of Roseanne Barr. That nasal, masculine "announcer" voice coming out of a woman sounds like vomiting to me.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline KittenClaws

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:57:09 PM »
When did it become law that sideline reporters have to be women?  Yeah it's just annoying.  The whole thing got put into high gear back in the early 90s when some female reporter made a big stink about behaviors she observed in a report from the locker room. This was early in Rush's national show and I recall him getting a lot of mileage out of it.

Ah, yes. The old women in the locker room bit.

Women just don't belong in a mans locker room; it does not make them equal. It does not make them manly and it certainly does not make them feminine.

My aunt Betty used to scream up a storm at her sons games. That was ok. Mom in the stands. She knew everything about football..still didn't make her a man or able to play the game.

Hearing a woman call out football plays, just annoying.

Our local news has a female sportscaster.  Very tomboy type gal. Pretty enough.  But they try to feminize her. She always looks like she just came in from cruising the drag for customers...

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson

“... sad moral of all human tales; ’Tis but the same rehearsal of the past; First freedom, and then glory—when that fails, Wealth, vice, corruption, barbarism at last.” – Roman Historian, Tacitus

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
I tend to agree with him, but then I only watch 3 things on television anymore. College football, college baseball, and college softball.

How'd you like the last play of the Iron Bowl last night?  I cannot recall if I ever saw anything like that before!

Que to the 7 min mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDjzJeWjfNA

And hey, the play-by-play by a gal...just wouldn't sound the same...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 11:28:58 AM »
How'd you like the last play of the Iron Bowl last night?  I cannot recall if I ever saw anything like that before!

It was THE best game I have ever watched. The second best game was years ago when the St. Louis Rams played the TN Titans in the super bowl. The Rams had the lead by less than a TD and the Titans were moving the ball. A long completion by the receiver was cut short at the 1 yd line when time expired.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 12:01:08 PM »

It was THE best game I have ever watched. The second best game was years ago when the St. Louis Rams played the TN Titans in the super bowl. The Rams had the lead by less than a TD and the Titans were moving the ball. A long completion by the receiver was cut short at the 1 yd line when time expired.

I remember that one too!  The "Catch" SF vs Dallas was good too, was with a big Cowboys fan in the Navy that day, I took relish in the Cowboys loss!  I still haven't forgiven them for the Pearson pushoff against the Vikes!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
We watch a lot of baseball in our house. I absolutely hate it when they go down to the field for those stupid after game questions with a female reporter. I don't care if she watched with her dad since she was 2 and played softball in college--I don't want to listen to her!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »
The "fluff reporters" on the sidelines are just one more reason I don't watch most sports on TV. I never watch baseball, anyway.

I watch the Bears games because I run a pool, same thing with the Superbowl.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.