Author Topic: Gay men push to end 30-year blood donation ban  (Read 984 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Gay men push to end 30-year blood donation ban
« on: December 02, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »
Gay-rights advocates say such abstinence policies perpetuate the stigma that gay people are dangerous to public health and that there is not much difference between the lifetime ban and a five-year “no-sex” deferral policy.

Unh hunh.  Yes, they are dangerous.

“This policy is discriminatory and inadequate,” said a petition drive at WhiteHouse.gov started in early November by students at the University of Michigan."

"This policy" is a 30 year-old blanket ban on homosexuals donating blood.  Since demand has been dropping, according to the article, just who is being injured here by keeping the ban in place?

Dozens of members of Congress have urged HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to expedite the process to change the MSM ban, citing in part a vote in June by the American Medical Association.

“We feel that the AMA’s recent vote in opposition to the current policy provides even greater impetus for HHS to move swiftly with its research and revision of the current ban,” Sen. Tammy Baldwin, Wisconsin Democrat; Rep. Mike Quigley, Illinois Democrat; and 84 other members of Congress said in an Aug. 1 letter. Sen. Michael B. Enzi of Wyoming was the only Republican who signed the letter to Mrs. Sebelius.

I suggest a separate blood supply of homo donors be kept in a bank reserved just for these people and anyone else who signed the .gov petition.

H/T Drudge
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Gay men push to end 30-year blood donation ban
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 10:21:03 AM »

I suggest a separate blood supply of homo donors be kept in a bank reserved just for these people and anyone else who signed the .gov petition.

Yes!

They are dangerous.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:06:24 AM »
They probably consider stories of spreading AIDS & HIV to be fairy tales...

...and, uhm...in a way...they...are.

Blood, uhm...suckers
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
I've a sneaking suspicion that this is being backed by the DLA (Dermatological Leprosy Association).

Similar logic.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:27 AM »
They would sacrifice lives on the altar of homo-normalization.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:51:36 AM »
They would sacrifice lives on the altar of homo-normalization.

Uh huh - where's their "If we can save even one life" compassion now??

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 12:01:12 PM »
They have their own answer before their ignorant faces...they can store their own blood and anything else for that matter wherever they like...don't look to others what you can do your damned selves!

I despise uppity faggots!  And no normal wants your tainted fluids!  Share with your own kind!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
If you want to give blood, there are many reasons why you may not be a suitable donor. My wife was turned down a few years ago because she had a deficiency of iron ( or it could have been something else, memory isn't too good).

I'd say potentially carrying the aids virus because of behavior would be a good reason.....along with any other disease.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
Who was that queer that boasted of going through someone's office and licking all the door knobs and keyboards? It's never been about "tolerance" for them. It's about the militant and forceful reordering of entire human institutions to suit their psychosexual perversions.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »
Tattoos too, I believe, & severe underweight or thyroid issues...

What pisses me off is that, in general, I try to "live & let live". Want to do what they do...have @ it. BUT - don't tell me or my kids it's normal AND...don't expose me to diseases for which your specific peoplegroup are at higher risk. When you demand that I should somehow tolerate things that increase my risk level merely because your self-esteem is adversely effected by your CHOICE to engage in perversity...

...then my blood boils and I start saying nasty things like:

• Let's go back to the days when skin heads beat your kind to death in the street
  • Let's round you guys up & ship y'all off to a private island, OR
  • Let 'em into a "special room" to give the blood (a soundproof, leak proof room that holds a lot of "special" gas)

Not that I'd ever condone the mass execution of those seeking to taint the national blood supply or anything remotely close to, uhm...that...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »
Tattoos too, I believe, & severe underweight or thyroid issues...

What pisses me off is that, in general, I try to "live & let live". Want to do what they do...have @ it. BUT - don't tell me or my kids it's normal AND...don't expose me to diseases for which your specific peoplegroup are at higher risk. When you demand that I should somehow tolerate things that increase my risk level merely because your self-esteem is adversely effected by your CHOICE to engage in perversity...

...then my blood boils and I start saying nasty things like:

• Let's go back to the days when skin heads beat your kind to death in the street
  • Let's round you guys up & ship y'all off to a private island, OR
  • Let 'em into a "special room" to give the blood (a soundproof, leak proof room that holds a lot of "special" gas)

Not that I'd ever condone the mass execution of those seeking to taint the national blood supply or anything remotely close to, uhm...that...

I also used to have (and still try to have) a generally libertarian attitude toward them.  If it had truly been about "tolerance" as they claim, there'd be no discussion, because I'm quite perfectly "tolerant" of them. I really could not care less what they do with their own or others' genitals. But we're now seeing that "tolerance" was a ruse, typical of the Left's dissembling tactic: using something innocuous sounding to merely lower societal defenses for their true agenda.

There's going to be no end to the extremes they take this to....until we make it end, that is.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »
Tolerance is the 2nd step in any progressive agenda push. First, they broach the subject, get people used to hearing others advocate for the heretofore unthinkable.

Once people are used to hearing about it, they push for tolerance. Everyone likes to view themselves as tolerant of other people. We are not all the same, we instinctively know that we don't have ALL the answers. WE wish to be left alone to live our lives, so we naturally seek to extend the same to others. SO we tolerate.

But that is never, ever, ever the end for the progressives. Tolerance is only step two. Acceptance, normalization, perpetual agitation, and destruction of mores, boundaries, traditions, institutions, and common sense all follow.

Thus, it is always important to listen to what subjects they are broaching now, so we can get a grip on what they would see for our future.

Polygamy
Pedophilia
Infanticide after birth
Elimination of parental rights
Destruction of the constitution
World government
Elimination of free speech
Elimination of religious rights
Gun confiscation
Totalitarian Dictatorship
Genocide

These are all things progressives are more regularly bringing into the public consciousness via open advocacy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:37:14 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
Thus, it is always important to listen to what subjects they are broaching now, so we can get a grip on what they would see for our future.

Polygamy
Pedophilia
Infanticide after birth
Elimination of parental rights
Destruction of the constitution
World government
Elimination of free speech
Elimination of religious rights
Gun confiscation
Totalitarian Dictatorship
Genocide

These are all things progressives are more regularly bringing into the public consciousness via open advocacy.

And...at gut level we know this, yet resort to our "better" natures, which then get used against us.

Liberal muh-fuhs always hated me,
For what, I think I know
Every time that they plant a seed,
I say kill it before it grows,
I say kill it before it grows.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:27 PM »
Yes, it's Alinsky 101. Use the enemy's own code against him by forcing him to adhere to it, even as you yourself have no code other than doing whatever it takes to win.

Used to be that Western culture understood the importance of reciprocity in any sort of code of self-restraint. That, too, was corrupted by the Left's agitation for universality in all things.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
I used to be tolerant.  Of some things.  Moreso and of more things than today.  I am no longer tolerant of many things and it doesn't bother me in the least to think or say so, that I am not a tolerant person.  Closer to me than the culture at large, I have seen how tolerance enables errant, erroneous, damaging and escalating behavior.

Last weekend, at a house wedding reception, the high heel of my boot got stuck in between two boards on the deck.  A man that I don't know very well made a supposedly humorous remark along the lines of "you'd think that's the first time you got stuck in a crack", something like that.  It was meant as a lesbian joke, and he smirked.  There was a time I'd have laughed and left it at that.  This time I smirked back, and then said, straight-faced, "Really?  Bad dog, no biscuit.  Cone of shame for you."

Don't want no sht, don't start no sht.  I expected maybe some blowback from the other people around -- "ah c'mon, he's only kidding" -- but there was none.

Here's where I come back around to tolerating certain behavior.  This man lives with the mother of his three children (never married), who "went lesbian", in order to be with "his babies".  So, he lives in the stinking miasma of her deviance, it's gotten on him, and he doesn't even smell it anymore; now he smells up wherever he goes and whomever he's with and thinks it should be okay.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
Another case in point i.e. "tolerance":

December 1, 2013

You find liberals saying anyone can raise a child and that they’re all for good parenting, and then you find absolutely no distinction between what they’d do as adults and what they’d let their children do. Between seeing a picture of two boys , likely not even preteens, kissing while wearing shirts that said “f**k h8” and a woman who smiled beside what was presumably her child holding a large sign with the words “My mom’s a SLUT” on it, I’m not entirely sure liberals grasp the idea of parenting well enough to export it to any and all couples and formations of “consenting adults.”

http://semper-spes-est.tumblr.com/post/68652625784/you-find-liberals-saying-anyone-can-raise-a-child

H/T American Digest

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »
I was turned down from giving blood because I had a cold.  ::pullhair::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 10:30:05 AM »
You can be intolerant only if you're perfect you see.

But I disagree with that thought.  My vice doesn't get you off the hook so then we both can wallow in our vices.  No, rather we both should recognize that we have to overcome them rather than enable and excuse them.

So if someone says in response to my pointing out a wrong "well, you're not perfect" I say "I know and I'm working on it but that doesn't make your behavior right".
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 10:51:30 AM »
You can be intolerant only if you're perfect you see.

But I disagree with that thought.  My vice doesn't get you off the hook so then we both can wallow in our vices.  No, rather we both should recognize that we have to overcome them rather than enable and excuse them.

So if someone says in response to my pointing out a wrong "well, you're not perfect" I say "I know and I'm working on it but that doesn't make your behavior right".

You know, I was thinking about just that after I made my post, LV.  Am I perfect?  Oh, hell no; nowhere near it.  I count on my husband and my good right-thinking friends and family to help me keep myself in line.  I've got a guilty-enough conscience as it is; I don't want more on it.