Author Topic: House Hearing On Obama's Unilateral Action To Cease Enforcing Laws  (Read 2454 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-03/house-hearing-obamas-unilateral-action-cease-enforcing-laws-live-webcast

Let's just skip to the end, OK?  If it is found that Obama violates even one law, so what?  Where is the will to do anything about?  Where is the will to enfoce corrective action, even if that action is only impeachment?  What other than pissing and moaning and bloviating in pointless CYA political re-election ads is this good for?

OK, time to check out the puppy boots video!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: House Hearing On Obama's Unilateral Action To Cease Enforcing Laws
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
Surely we can see the end game. If a president - any president - is able to selectively enforce or ignore the law, or enforce it against some and not others, then there IS no law, aside from the will of that president, or those to whom he is beholden.

I wanna see this guy's head separated from his body. After a fair trial, of course.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
You describe exactly that which the Founders feared!  And we've taken so many steps away from their vision over the years and embraced democracy over republican federalism that tyranny is assured!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:36:57 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-12-03/house-hearing-obamas-unilateral-action-cease-enforcing-laws-live-webcast

Let's just skip to the end, OK?  If it is found that Obama violates even one law, so what?  Where is the will to do anything about?  Where is the will to enfoce corrective action, even if that action is only impeachment?  What other than pissing and moaning and bloviating in pointless CYA political re-election ads is this good for?

OK, time to check out the puppy boots video!   ::whoohoo::

Exactly.  Bread and circuses.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »
I wanna see this guy's head separated from his body. After a fair trial, of course.

The hell with a fair trial. We would not get such a thing, so why should he/it?
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 01:59:05 PM »

That was the non-violence disclaimer.
 ::curtsy4::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »

That was the non-violence disclaimer. ::curtsy4::

Then I guess my cpmment was a violence claimer?

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 04:10:13 PM »
They've been picking and choosing which laws to enforce for decades. I'll take illegal immigrants for $500, Alex.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

That was the non-violence disclaimer. ::curtsy4::

Then I guess my cpmment was a violence claimer?
Cutting off one's head can only be violent if it's during violent battle or an intent to inflict pain upon him/her. The guillotine was developed to eliminate the pain caused by a less than razor sharp axe or sword. It has a swift cutting action and no pain will ever come of it. ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 06:48:24 AM »
@iowahawkblog
Seriously, how is this even remotely legal? "Law" is apparently whatever govt officials spontaneously decide to do.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Short-term fix eyed for another problem with U.S. healthcare website
By Roberta Rampton and Caroline Humer | WASHINGTON Wed Dec 4, 2013 6:13am IST
http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/12/04/usa-healthcare-payments-idINL2N0JJ00S20131204

Dec 3 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's administration has found a short-term fix to pay insurance companies for plans selected on HealthCare.gov, the not-yet-complete government website used to shop for insurance required under Obama's healthcare program.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has not yet finished building the part of the website that would transfer billions of dollars in subsidies for plan premiums and cost-sharing payments to insurance companies.

It is part of a long technical to-do list that has so far focused on fixing the errors and lag times in the part of the website used by consumers.

The administration recently overhauled HealthCare.gov after its botched launch two months ago. The fixes are now expected to allow millions of Americans to shop for insurance.

The heathcare program faces a critical test to enroll hundreds of thousands of people by Dec. 23, the deadline for people who need insurance coverage starting on Jan. 1, 2014.

Julie Bataille, a spokeswoman for CMS, said the government will make the payments to insurers for premium tax credits and cost sharing on time.

"We are committed to making sure they get paid in January and we will continue to work with them on that process," she told reporters.

The administration is planning a "workaround" for payments, said Daniel Durham, vice president for policy and regulatory affairs at America's Health Insurance Plans.

Health plans will estimate how much they are owed, and submit that estimate to the government. Once the system is built, the government and insurers can reconcile the payments made with the plan data to "true up" payments, he said.

"The intent is to make sure plans get paid on time, which is a good thing," Durham told Reuters.

The fix puts an additional "burden" on insurance companies, already taxed by having to double-check faulty enrollment data from the HealthCare.gov system.

Now, companies need to quickly put together financial management systems to make the payment estimates, so they can be paid beginning in January, he said.

"They have to recognize that plans are already quite stressed and introducing this at the last minute just adds substantial burden for plans to deal with," Durham said.

Paying insurers on time and accurately is critical for the long-term competitiveness of Obamacare marketplaces, said Kevin Lucia, senior research fellow at Georgetown University's Health Policy Institute.

"I'm pretty deeply concerned about this," Lucia said at a forum organized by the university and law firm Arent Fox.

Some large insurance carriers could "cushion" delayed payments for a short period of time, said Lucia, a former CMS official. But that's not the case for a group of co-ops and smaller insurance providers.

About two-dozen co-ops will start up with their first customers on Jan. 1 and have said they are concerned about how enrollment delays are affecting their finances during the first quarter.

Small insurers also have a lot at stake as these new anticipated members are expected to make up a bigger portion of their total revenue. The individual business is only a small part of revenues at large insurers, which focus on employer-based coverage and private Medicare.

"They cannot survive if they don't get paid. And even the larger carriers, it can only go on for so long," Lucia said. "The last thing we need is for a carrier, especially a large carrier, to walk away from this." (Editing by Christopher Wilson)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »
Most inept, incompetent, corrupt regime in American history.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »

Swear to God.  There may have been a bigger fustercluck committed by some government-attempted "program" somewhere, but I believe this one takes the cake.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 04:41:12 PM »

Swear to God.  There may have been a bigger fustercluck committed by some government-attempted "program" somewhere, but I believe this one takes the cake.

But not every damned program, like this creep.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 06:10:19 PM »
  This bastard thinks he's king of the world and somebody better clip his wings soon. 2014 is going to be the highwater mark and the rats on both sides need to dumped.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »
.... and the rats on both sides need to dumped.

Good luck with that. With 47% relying on Uncle Suga one way or another and 20% that feel guilty about something, we're screwed.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 07:35:51 AM »

Good luck with that. With 47% relying on Uncle Suga one way or another and 20% that feel guilty about something, we're screwed.

I say...when faced with a screwed situation...screw back, HARDER!  When the going gets tough, the tough up the ante and reach for a bigger club!

::viking::

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »
Rogers: WH Won’t Even Give Classified Briefings on HealthCare.Gov Security Problems
By Andrew Johnson | December 3, 2013 11:06 AM

The Obama administration has avoided informing lawmakers of HealthCare.gov’s security problems and this is just another incidence of  the White House’s incompetence we’ve seen since the health-care law’s rollout, according to House Intelligence chair Mike Rogers (R., Mich.).

“They could not even provide someone — CMS and HHS, the two folks responsible for the HealthCare.gov website — in a classified setting to come up and talk about the breaches that they know have happened,” Rogers said on Fox News on Monday. “That’s just unconscionable.”

He warned that there is currently no coordinated effort within the administration to test the website’s newly-written code which was completed over the past two months of repairs, leaving it vulnerable to breaches. “You’re encouraging people to go to a site that our own government knows doesn’t meet safety standards when it comes to security of private information,” Rogers said....

More: http://nationalreview.com/corner/365340/rogers-wh-wont-even-give-classified-briefings-healthcaregov-security-problems-andrew

Rogers: WH Won't Even Give Classified Briefings on HealthCare.Gov Security Problems
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »
Fascists don't like being answerable to other people...especially other people they'd just as soon stuff into a wood-chipper...

They just want to PR/propagandize their magnificient creation, despite what reality might say, all detractors are scum and need to be bypassed!

(Straining to hear the obvious sounds of gunfire...nope, not yet...)

::pullhair::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
JONATHAN TURLEY: Thank you, Mr. Chairman. The danger is quite severe. The problem with what the president is doing is that he's not simply posing a danger to the constitutional system. He's becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid. That is the concentration of power in every single branch.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/12/04/turley_obamas_become_the_very_danger_the_constitution_was_designed_to_avoid.html

Yeah well, no shyt?  Too late now though, huh?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:01:53 AM by Libertas »

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »

I say...when faced with a screwed situation...screw back, HARDER!  When the going gets tough, the tough up the ante and reach for a bigger club!

::viking::
In construction, when you have stubborn nuts or bolts, you get out the impact wrench. We need the equivalent.  machinegun
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.