Author Topic: The 2nd Amendment Solution to Obama is now in the congressional record  (Read 728 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
We've been saying similar things to this for years now, even before Obama; frustrated that no one in politics or media seemed to be willing to see what is before our eyes.

Well, now thanks to Michael Cannon of the Cato institute, our concerns and the potential need for a citizen solution are part of the congressional record.

Expert Testifies to Congress that Obama’s ‘Ignoring Laws’ Could Lead to Overthrow of Government

During a congressional committee hearing about the constitutional limits imposed on the presidency and the implications of President Barack Obama’s disregard for implementing the Affordable Care Act as written, one expert testified that the consequences of the president’s behavior were potentially grave. He said that the precedent set by Obama could eventually lead to an armed revolt against the federal government.

On Tuesday, Michael Cannon, Cato Institute’s Director of Health Policy Studies, testified before a congressional committee about the dangers of the president’s legal behavior.

“There is one last thing to which the people can resort if the government does not respect the restrains that the constitution places on the government,” Cannon said. “Abraham Lincoln talked about our right to alter our government or our revolutionary right to overthrow it.”

“That is certainly something that no one wants to contemplate,” he continued. “If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.”

“That is a very dangerous sort of thing for the president to do, to wantonly ignore the laws,” Cannon concluded, “to try to impose obligation upon people that the legislature did not approve.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: The 2nd Amendment Solution to Obama is now in the congressional record
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:39:35 AM »
....What he said
times ten ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:09:55 AM »
It certainly is useful to theoretical discussion of same, that this topic has been officially brought up & placed upon the Congressional record. One can address & expand upon this record item rather than the [utterly beastly] act of Constitutional insurrection itself.
For example one might query as to whether or not the demise of one presumed to be acting in a manner readily identified to be on par with those actions in which a tyrant or a dictator-oriented/narcissist personality would engage during the work-a-day course of such insurrection to be considered "assassination" or merely collateral damage incurred during the normal course of totalitarian overthrow?

Additionally, it brings to bear the question of, again within the theoretical confines of the act(s) of such an unfortunate measure of last resort, exactly how many any enumerated listing of metallurgical projectiles provided  would in fact be determined sufficient in the hasty & efficient dispatch of one deemed to be such a tyrant (vs. the repeated overzealous pumping of said projectiles into the body, well after it had assumed room temperature, merely for the sake of sating years of pent up frustrations by noble patriots intent on assuring the general population that “the bastard was truly dead” and the sanctity of our dear Republic once again secured).

Other questions may arise & even abound once any such local, community, state-wide or even national dialogue spills into the arena of public discourse…

…but those were the 1st 2 that, verily, entered into personal cognitive presupposition based upon the gentleman in the video’s conjecture as to the validity of response within a citizenry so faced and/or tasked with such a horrific & unseemly Constitutional dilemma.

Or, as the goodly gentleman generally held to be in conversational good standing with the entirety of this online community has previously stated...

....What he said times ten ::thumbsup::

::thumbsup:: ;) :supercool:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:14:03 AM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:28 AM »
“If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.”

You got that right!  And do not doubt for a second the fascists do not know and fear this!  It is why they are so relentless in their desire to disarm every single citizen in the nation that does is not deputized by the state!

And even in that latter part...the once true ultimate deputies of American freedom are denied!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/report-obama-administration-has-denied-gun-rights-to-over-100000-veterans-video/

A storm is coming, the statists are doing nothing to stop it because they are not stopping their war of aggression on our rights and freedoms!

Prepare to reap the bitter harvest!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
The Declaration of Independence says, “Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.” The clear implication is that government gets all its power from the people. The people set up the government. The People are supposed run the government. The government does not run the People. If people don’t like the government, they have the right to change it.

When the government suppresses the ability for the People to constructively alter the government more to their liking they set up the circumstances for destructive change.

This government no longer has my consent.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »
“If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws then they will conclude that neither are they.”

Some of the people have already so concluded.

“That is a very dangerous sort of thing for the president to do, to wantonly ignore the laws,” Cannon concluded, “to try to impose obligation upon people that the legislature did not approve.”

He's missing something intrinsic and virulent, or perhaps ignoring it:  the legislatures as well have approved of and imposed obligations antithetical to the oaths they swore to uphold the Constitution, as have the Courts and the myriad number of alphabet agencies, wantonly violating our Rights as free and sovereign citizens.  And they have done so for decades.

I have to travel soon.  I need to take money with me.  I am fearful of being caught out on the roads, for which my taxes paid, and having it confiscated under the rubric of a *merely suspected* drug or money-laundering law violation, by the police, for whom my taxes pay.  This was approved by the legislature and the Court.  This should not be.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"