Author Topic: The Crisis Before Us  (Read 931 times)

Offline fordguy_85

The Crisis Before Us
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:51 AM »
I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes here, but this is something I believe is very crucial to the survival of our nation as we know it and as it was envisioned by our founding fathers.

Psalm 9:17 KJV
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Ezekiel 22:30 KJV
And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

The first verse is a warning to all nations and people that to forget God is to be turned into hell. God told Abraham once that He would bless those that bless his son Isaac, which was later patriarch of the house of Israel, and curse them that cursed him. Every day, more and more things become "normalized" that run contrary to the bible and to what was once the very foundation upon which this nation was built.

In the second verse, we find the nation of Israel had turned their backs on God and his Word. They had begun the downward spiral into immorality, idol worship, and had forgotten God almost entirely. So we see that the Lord said that he looked for somebody to make up the hedge, He was referring to a breach in the wall that separated and protected Israel from her enemies. The founders had a vision of a hedge that would also separate and protect us from the nations of the world and also domestically. That hedge was their faith coupled with Constitution and Bill of Rights. The Israelites were taken captive by the Chaldean people because there was no one who would build up the wall. I pray that we do not make the same mistake here in the US.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Crisis Before Us
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »
Yeah, neither God nor history is good to people who turn a blind eye to reality.  I share your hope and fear, but I think our kind here is trying to make a difference and stand apart from those bent upon pushing people down the path of insanity and suicide...by posting this you just made a difference!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »
Yeah, neither God nor history is good to people who turn a blind eye to reality.  I share your hope and fear, but I think our kind here is trying to make a difference and stand apart from those bent upon pushing people down the path of insanity and suicide...by posting this you just made a difference!

Thanks, and I  do have faith in my brother and sister Patriots. I just pray there are enough of us to keep the wall standing.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 12:43:01 PM »
Amen!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
Amen.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 01:32:45 PM »
Other devotionals I've read recently are thematically in accord, and, I agree.  Thanks for posting that.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
Amen!

Pray, then pray some more...then put feet to those prayers and get involved. This is no time for timid faith or tepid patriotism.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
Amen!

Pray, then pray some more...then put feet to those prayers and get involved. This is no time for timid faith or tepid patriotism.

X1000!

And, thanks guys. Just kind of had that on my mind the last couple days and thought I'd share my thoughts...
Eric Morgan