Author Topic: Base-jumping gone terribly wrong (slo-mo video)  (Read 1698 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Base-jumping gone terribly wrong (slo-mo video)
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
Watch, and cringe. I find it impossible to feel sorry for people that seek out deadly pastimes, and then get hurt or killed. The video is slo-mo from a couple different angles, and then full-speed, which is almost worse, once you get to see it slo-mo.

Dummy.

Slow-Mo GoPro Video Of Cliff Jump Gone Wrong Is Nothing Short Of Insane
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Base-jumping gone terribly wrong (slo-mo video)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:47:14 PM »
The rigors of being a (now ex) marathon runner (speeding through Harlem during NYC) are plenty fulfilling for me. Now I run 3 x per week purely for enjoyment on a wooded trail with all kinds of safe wildlife (mostly cranes, geese & woodchucks). My biggest concern are idiot motorists (while crossing the road to get to the trail) but...forewarned is forearmed.

I never even toyed with the idea of having to call or text my wife & kids from the side of Mt. Everest to say I, uhm...wasn't coming home.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:09:54 PM »
My wife and I had a discussion after an acquaintance of mine was killed in a boating accident. His bass boat would run triple digits (>100 mph) and he would run it that way when ever the opportunity arose.

I asked her if a husband and father living life to the fullest, going to extremes, living for the thrill and dying in the process was selfish. She concluded that, yes, it was selfish to leave behind a wife and children with no support.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 08:40:45 PM »
I wonder before he assaulted a defenseless rock he realized he was filming his own idiocy for all the see?  Such is the digital age...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
My wife and I had a discussion after an acquaintance of mine was killed in a boating accident. His bass boat would run triple digits (>100 mph) and he would run it that way when ever the opportunity arose.

Gosh. Mine will go 55, and I honestly never want to go faster than that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

Gosh. Mine will go 55, and I honestly never want to go faster than that.

We were (among other things) water skiers as kids. My younger brother was a competitive skier for several years. I've speed-skied in the 65-70mph range. Done & done and never to be tried again ;')

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »
Too stupid to live.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 11:03:01 PM »
Too stupid to live.

Roger that!

He thought they said TRAINS and missed his when the BRAINS were handed out.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.