Author Topic: Royal attitudes change with the times  (Read 1458 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Royal attitudes change with the times
« on: April 13, 2011, 10:24:39 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04/08/uk-royal-brides-virginity-longer-issue/?intcmp=obnetwork

Royal attitudes change with the times

<snip>

Few people — royal or otherwise — seem bothered by the fact that Prince William and his fiancee, Kate Middleton, have been living together off and on during the course of their eight-year romance, which began in university days.

<snip>

William's decision to live with his fiancee has been met, in general, with a shrug. The British public seems comfortable with the royal family having updated its unwritten behavior codes to bring them more in line with widely held social values.

<snip>

"After two decades of scandal, I think it's the royal family recognizing that to be normal is to their advantage," she said. "It's a canny refashioning of the image. There is no longer an investment in being anachronistic, or a public expectation that they ought to be harkening back to a different era of sexual politics."

"the royal family recognizing that to be normal is to their advantage"
As long as they're walking around thinking they're royal they'll never be normal.

"royal family having updated its unwritten behavior codes to bring them more in line with widely held social values"
I know it's just me but I always think saying sleeping around is a social value sounds odd. Value to me = valuable.

What I learned from this story?  That, yes,even that bastion of sexual mores ( ::hysterical::) the royal family ( ::puke::) has come around to recognzing that all those sexual rules are outdated. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Royal attitudes change with the times
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 11:03:15 AM »
The entire second and third generation put together don't have the class and grace of Elizabeth II . She has my sympathy .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »
The entire second and third generation put together don't have the class and grace of Elizabeth II . She has my sympathy .

The times they are a changin. ::puke::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
I know it's just me but I always think saying sleeping around is a social value sounds odd. Value to me = valuable.

What I learned from this story?  That, yes,even that bastion of sexual mores ( hysterical) the royal family ( puke) has come around to recognzing that all those sexual rules are outdated.

Defining deviancy down, OR, redefining it out of existence.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »
Damn deviants!

The only good deviant...

::rockethrow::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.