Author Topic: Army officer promises to pry those guns from your cold, dead hands  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
http://www.infowars.com/army-officer-we-will-pry-your-guns-from-your-cold-dead-fingers/

Lt. Col. Robert Bateman wants you disarmed.

Here’s a snippet out of the Esquire article entitled It’s Time to Talk About Guns and the Supreme Court:

1. The only guns permitted will be the following:

a. Smoothbore or Rifled muzzle-loading blackpowder muskets. No 7-11 in history has ever been held up with one of these.
    b. Double-barrel breech-loading shotguns. Hunting with these is valid.
    c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.

2. We will pry your gun from your cold, dead, fingers. That is because I am willing to wait until you die, hopefully of natural causes. Guns, except for the three approved categories, cannot be inherited. When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department, which will then destroy them. (Weapons of historical significance will be de-milled, but may be preserved.)

3. Police departments are no longer allowed to sell or auction weapons used in crimes after the cases have been closed. (That will piss off some cops, since they really need this money. But you know what they need more? Less violence and death. By continuing the process of weapon recirculation, they are only making their jobs — or the jobs of some other cops — harder.)

Let’s break down some of the assertions Bateman made in his article:

Bateman incorrectly attributes “a well-regulated militia” as being militias regulated by the state

The Founder’s intent for the Second Amendment is often misunderstood by the public, including Bateman himself in this case.

During the founding of our republic, a militia that was “well-regulated” meant that the individuals who comprised of the militia were well-trained and well-rehearsed.

The word “regulated” referred to the discipline practiced by the militiamen who spontaneously organized in defense of their homes, their families and their own lives.

Being “well-regulated” had nothing to do with government involvement at all.

As displayed time and time again during the Revolutionary War, a well-regulated militia was very effective at defending a community without being authorized or controlled by the state.

Bateman however attempted to downplay this effectiveness by stating that militias routinely refused to “go out of their own state” and incorrectly implied that militias were meant to be a standing army.

The Founders worded the Second Amendment the way they did because they were relying on an armed citizenry for national defense to a great degree.

Other countries have also recognized this. In 1917 for example, Mexican President Venustiano Carranza assigned one of his generals to assess the feasibility of a Mexican attack on the American Southwest, the idea of which was sparked by the Zimmerman telegram.

The general cited multiple reasons why such an attack would not be successful, including the fact that private Americans were well-armed.

Bateman simply ignored the intent of the Second Amendment and misinterpreted the true role of the militias.

Furthermore, he fails to understand the overall purpose of the Bill of Rights in which each amendment recognizes individual liberties protected from the government. The Second Amendment was no exception.

The Tenth Amendment in particular underscores the document’s scope.

Bateman simply blames the gun in a shooting death and doesn’t look into other, real factors

To try and make his case, Bateman refers to a recent shooting in which a woman killed a fellow Alabama fan after a football game because the victim didn’t seem “upset enough” about the Crimson Tide’s loss to Auburn, according to the victim’s sister.

Here Bateman blames the gun, not the addict-like obsession with sports we now see in America. Some Americans are so fixated by sports that they lose focus on what’s really important in their lives.

They pay no attention to the gradual extinction of our rights, the deaths of women and children in drone strikes overseas or even the destruction of the middle class domestically as megabanks strip mine our wealth through Obamacare and the Federal Reserve System.

They get clinically depressed when their favorite team loses but are completely apathetic when the lives of their fellow Americans are destroyed by felony imprisonment for victimless crimes.

They unite in spirit for a sports team but won’t unite in the spirit of liberty which allows them to enjoy their favorite pastimes.

Does Bateman ever touch on this zombie-like addiction to sports at all, which may have led to the death of the Alabama fan?

No, he simply blames the gun.

Addictions and obsessions are forms of slavery which keep us chained to the same fixations rather than allowing us to explore the true scope of reality and experience as much as we can during our brief, known consciousness.

Yet instead of combating slavery of obsessions and misplaced priorities, Bateman proposes total slavery to the state.

That’s exactly how the establishment wants it.

Now sport broadcasts are being used to condition Americans into giving up their rights willingly rather than just being distracted while their rights are taken away.

This guy is a perfect example of why the grunts invented fragging.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Army officer promises to pry those guns from your cold, dead hands
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 11:14:18 PM »
When you die your weapons must be turned into the local police department...

Aside from that being an impossibility (he, uhm, probably meant before you die  ;D) - after you die, the weapons aren't really yours anymore - so instruct your family what to do with them...which may include poking the muzzle through the hole in Bateman's head.

(please note: they may first need to make the hole).
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
dURNED BOATING ACCIDENT.......WISH I STILL HAD SOME....
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
They're either daring us to resist; or begging us to attack. Either way, their intentions are clear.

This guy is doing the moral equivalent of spitting in your face and telling you he's going to rape your wife and daughter, and daring you to do anything about it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:21:51 AM »
dURNED BOATING ACCIDENT.......WISH I STILL HAD SOME....

Not my situation. I have what I have - all legally purchased. They are either on my person or within easy range of retrieval. Make them illegal or me an outlaw and it's on you. Attempt to disarm me and accept the consequences.

Thing about morons like bateman is that it won't be him in the line of fire - he'll send some other hapless dumbfuk on his behalf. Because morons like bateman are innate cowards.

Bring it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »
Exactly what army does he represent? (That's  rhetorical question.....)
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
Exactly what army does he represent? (That's  rhetorical question.....)

The army of the Left
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »
Bateman's problem is using his knowledge of the modern English language to sub for that of the language when the constitution was written leaving him with liberal egg on his face. Liberals play this game all the time , some out of ignorance some out of malice and belligerence. Either way, he will be fragged or left holding down the post of fort by himself with just a straw and wads of paper.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
Fragging needs to be resurrected.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
Fragging needs to be resurrected.
I answer the Lt. Col's premise with this youtube

Why Good People Should Be Armed
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 08:31:13 AM »
If he's living in the UK he should be becoming educated with the downside of gun control.  That place is a complete mess.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
  I wonder what evil the good colonel has committed that he's afraid a citizen might make him pay for. Or is he fresh out of the closet?I'm with Soup ecepting for I sold everything off a while ago I may need to borrow one from Soup.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 07:46:39 AM »
This guy is a perfect example of why the grunts invented fragging.

Yeah, this asshole has painted a big fat target on himself!

Enemy of freedom and liberty...he won't last long!  The only thing needed for his grave marker is "Traitor"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
If this fascist wannabe got your dander up you may wish to read this:

LTC Bob Bateman: Less Manly Than a Little Girl

Dec 10, 201302:20AM
- See more at: http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/item/ltc-bob-bateman--less-manly-than-a-little-girl#sthash.lAsbZnLi.dpuf

Fair warning: Language alert

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 11:06:23 PM »

- See more at: http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/item/ltc-bob-bateman--less-manly-than-a-little-girl#sthash.lAsbZnLi.dpuf

Hah!  Good ole "Bob" is a REMF.   Heheheh.

Ya wanna know what that is, report to the ACRONYM thread.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »

Hah!  Good ole "Bob" is a REMF.   Heheheh.

Ya wanna know what that is, report to the ACRONYM thread.

I'm embarrassed, I should have intuitively known he was a pencil-pushing pansy!  That and the fact you top out at Lite-Colonel means your superiors have not flagged you for advancement...and everybody knows in any branch only those deemed worthy by the brass (therein lies another of our problems!) get advanced and assigned for deeper indoctrination.

I amend my previous post to conclude with "Bob the REMF died a traitor".
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.