Author Topic: Are You Living in a Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Are You Living in a Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone?
« on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
Are You Living in a Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone?

Major cities like New York City, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and even Houston have been declared by the Department of Homeland Security to be within the official 100 mile ‘border’ of the United States, subjecting 197 million citizens to electronic belonging searches without any suspicion.

It all started in 2008, when the DHS declared that certain ‘border control agents’ could search the electronic belongings of individuals without suspicion — let alone a warrant. Bypassing the rights provided by the Constitutional to every citizen of the United States, the DHS immediately came under fire for the policy. The response? The DHS promised to have the policy reviewed within 120 days. The catch? The review was done two years late and by their own review panel known as the Civil Liberties Impact division.

Absent of any independent input in their secretive review, the DHS published a brief document stating that the suspicionless search policy was perfectly reasonable. Laptops, cell phones, camcorders, and all other gadgets were open game for the DHS within the ‘borders’ of the country.

Entire States Swallowed By DHS ‘Border’

As you can see in the image below provided by the ACLU which highlights the 100 mile radius established by the ridiculous DHS policy, the 197 million individuals living on this outlandishly-extensive ‘border’ accounts for nearly 2/3 of the entire nation’s population. From Washington D.C. to the entire state of Florida (thanks to its coastal positioning), the massive ‘border’ suffocates most of the major cities within the US — and most likely your home.

fourth amendment free zone dhs

And chances are you won’t be hearing about in on the nightly news. That is unless the alternative media forces major news networks to cover it as has been successfully done in the past. What’s more is that the DHS has failed to even outline why they decided to uphold the policy, and has used the tired excuse of ‘national security’ as a defense from publishing their data beyond the brief document. In fact, the DHS claims that upholding the Constitution would actually be harmful to the public. In the explanation as to why these searches are necessary throughout virtually every major city, the DHS states:

http://www.storyleak.com/are-you-living-in-fourth-amendment-exclusion-zone/#ixzz2mjOhWSwg
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Are You Living in a Fourth Amendment Exclusion Zone?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
If the Constitution doesn't apply in these zones, then the Authority of the DHS doesn't either, since their authoirty (in theory) derives from that same Constitution.  These zones are therefore Lawless Zones in which you are free to kill DHS personnel as the bullies, thugs,  and thieves they are.

If the Govt doesn't follow the laws, there is no reason for the people to do so either.  If the legitimacy of thier actions comes from the barrel of a gun, well, we have guns too.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
I'm screwed.  The entire state of Michigan is in the zone.   ::cussing::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:55:15 PM »
I'm screwed.  The entire state of Michigan is in the zone.   ::cussing::

Let's face it: We're all screwed. Screwed, glued and tattooed.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 10:37:13 PM »
This is the kind of crap that makes me look on those 9/11 conspiracy theories with a somewhat more credulous eye. Whether it's a case of "not letting a crisis go to waste", or one that they deliberately engineered, a more perfect script for a massive federal power grab could not have been written. Look at the massive expansion of police apparatus we've seen in barely a decade.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:58:17 AM »
Trust nobody!  Sucky way to go through life, but they leave us no choice!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
"Trust but verify." - Ronald Reagan.  ::USA::

I'll change it to: "Verify before you trust."