Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 79757 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2014, 11:59:52 AM »
Not a bad read...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/10/vladimir-putins-coup-112025.html

...but I dispute how toothless the Oligarchs are, Putin still needs many of them to survive and alienating the West means he'll have to rely even more on those inside the nation.

Still, I wouldn't mind if Putin suffers the demise most every single despot enjoys in the end...

And then the fight for the power can render them asunder for all I care...they are about as interested in peaceful coexistence as the bloody Islaminals!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2014, 07:08:39 PM »
  If oil prices keep dropping Russia will fold.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2014, 07:10:29 AM »
It's why the Chi-Com's trotted out a bullshyt report yesterday announcing their growth rate above exepectations...

...it was all designed to halt the bleeding for their Rooskie pals...

...and it worked...sweet crude refrained from dropping below 80 and is now settled in the mid-82 range.

By the time reality is revealed, they are hoping something else has picked up the slack in demand.

Just in the past year and a half the PetroRouble has declined against the heavily diluted Dollar 30%.

The Russian's can't afford the oil to drop any further, they begged their Chi-Com pals for help, they got it, and now we'll find out in the months to come if there are additional strings attached.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #203 on: November 03, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
Rooskie votes in captured lands and nuclear missile tests, just swell.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-03/russia-conducts-full-nuclear-triad-preparedness-test-launches-topol-m-icbm-over-week

It's looking pre-1929-ish economic-wise and now this makes it all look pre-WWII geopolitical-wise.

Ain't it great to be alive right now?  What's gonna kill is all first, eh?  Take your pick!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 11:18:21 AM »
Sperm Donor, er, Vlad the Nation Inhaler...SEND IN THE ARMORED UNITS!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/tank-column-crosses-russia-ukraine-kiev-military-115026097.html

Meanwhile, Sperm Lovers, er ZeroHedge Russophiles, are strangley quiet...but they are in the odd position of cheering against their Peak Oil! mantra long enough to blame the crashing BRIC currencies on that rascally old PetroDollar (and conveniently ignoring the PetroRuble exists too!)...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-07/petrodollar-dominoes-how-strong-dollar-slamming-oil-exporters-and-other-brics

Whatever.  I like cheap oil, I like that it hurts the megalomoniacal Rooskies and the rest of the BRICs as a side benefit.

War, I guess ZHers get off on it, when it is led by their Dear Leader!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »
Holy Crap!  Y'all got to read these two articles!  Cameron and Abbott really go after Vlad and mock him openly!  ETA - Canada's Harper too, didn't mean to leave him out!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11232995/Vladimir-Putin-to-leave-G20-early-after-tense-meeting-with-David-Cameron.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/g20-summit-enter-putin-accompanied-by-four-warships-to-the-sound-of-mockery-9862465.html

This confrontation over Ukraine is really a proxy for the West in that it just brought to a head all the crap Russia has been pulling over the years, and Vlad cannot be ignorant that Russia is about to be frozen out and left to its ChiCom and other BRIC buddies, and it puts into fresh perspective their gold hoardings.  I think this thing is far from over and could get nastier.  Man, if we only had a real man for a leader!

I've never seen Vlad and the Rooskies look so uncomfortable, not since the fall of the Soviet Empire anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:10:20 PM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #206 on: November 15, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
From the first link:

Stephen Harper, the Canadian Prime Minister, told Mr Putin: "I guess I'll shake your hand, but I'll only have one thing to say to you - get out of the Ukraine."

I remember when we had leaders in America like this. Way to go Stephen!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #207 on: November 15, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
From the first link:

Stephen Harper, the Canadian Prime Minister, told Mr Putin: "I guess I'll shake your hand, but I'll only have one thing to say to you - get out of the Ukraine."

I remember when we had leaders in America like this. Way to go Stephen!

Indeed, well done!   ::clapping::

And thanks for the catch, I didn't mean to slight Canada, so I edited my first post.   ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
Wow.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-18/kissinger-warns-we-need-new-world-order-ukraine-should-forget-crimea-nato

How effed up are ZHer's when they can trot out Kissinger and hold him up as a person worth listening too when just about everything else he's stood for has been vilified by ZHer's? 

I think this says more about the desperation of hardcore PaulBots to regain some pro-Russia traction than it does about anything appraching the soundness of Kissinger's thinking on this subject!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
OK, I only see this as illsutrating one consistent fact, well two facts if you count my continued criticism of ZeroHead's Russophilia...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-01/putin-kills-south-stream-pipeline-will-build-new-massive-pipeline-turkey-instead

First, Vlad didn't seem too eager to use the South Stream once he invaded Ukraine and annexed Crimea, it was necessitated once he pissed off Ukraine, but now, he's pissed off all of Europe, despite their oft stated desire to be pals with Europe: "There is no doubt that the European Union is our largest collective partner. No one intends to “shoot himself in the foot” by renouncing cooperation with Europe, although it is now clear that business as usual is no longer an option. This is what our European partners are telling us, but neither do we want to operate the old way. They believed that Russia owed them something, while we want to be on an equal footing. For this reason, things will never be the same again. That said, I’m confident that we will be able to overcome this period, lessons will be learned and a new foundation for our relations will emerge." - Ivy League Buttpuppets ZeroHeaders typically denounce.

Yeah, stiffing economic partners, rewarding more moonbat regimes like Erdogan's Turkey...yeah, good luck with that.  All this is guaranteeing is war!

"The similarities to the period just before WWI are indeed striking, as Niall Ferguson noted in an excellent Op-Ed in August."

Yeah, and Russia is palying the role of the Hun this go around!

And, because I almost forgot...kinda makes this retarded decision by O'Bongo look even worse, just think of the nice toys we could deploy around the mongrels using these islands?

Anway, the whole Russian hope is to drive a wedge between Europe and the US, that way the Rooskies can have economic and therefore political and military hegemony over the entire region, but Vlad the Nation-Inhaler screwed all that up by invading Ukraine and seizing Crimea, he drove the Euro's right back into the hands of the US!  And right at a time when they were pissed at the US!  The Spying, the Snowden disclosures, the growing unpopularity of supporting missions in Afghanistan and Iraq, economic squabbles...the stupid Russians porked themselves with their lustful longings for Ukraine territory!  And now they and their ass-kissing Russophiles are blaming the West for their own stupidity and blame them for driving them into the hands of moonbats like Turkey, Iran and the BRICs!

Whatever, revel in your stupidity!  The Russians are driving everyone to war, and war will come one way or another.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2014, 02:11:42 PM »
If the Euros are bristling at having to be back in America's camp, a situation required by Russian belligerence, then they have only themselves to blame. They could develop some semblance of military independence instead of outsourcing it all to us. But they made the decision to let the American taxpayer bear the costs of their defense so that they could instead put that money into their nanny state welfare programs.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #211 on: December 03, 2014, 07:14:30 AM »
If the Euros are bristling at having to be back in America's camp, a situation required by Russian belligerence, then they have only themselves to blame. They could develop some semblance of military independence instead of outsourcing it all to us. But they made the decision to let the American taxpayer bear the costs of their defense so that they could instead put that money into their nanny state welfare programs.

You got that right!  And I think the bloody Russians would be easier to tame if they would take a more enegetic role in their own defense, because then the Russians would have a unified Europe and an independent America trying to broker amity to contend with and driving a wedge between the Euros and US would be a lot harder if the Euros were the ones doing the heavy lifting because they would be there, on Russia's borders and no American boogeyman to taunt.

Oh well, somebody should have put an American expiration date on NATO, not a hard date per se, but a step up by this decade or bite me!

Hindsight...it comes from the hind end! 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2014, 07:22:03 AM »
Wow, what a stunning load of shyt!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-12-04/putin-offers-full-amnesty-money-repatriation-threatens-crackdown-against-fx-speculat

Anybody tempted into beleiving or trusting this clown one iota should do everyone else a favor and just blow their brains out!

It would be comparable to trusting Obama!   ::speechless::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
OK, here we go.  In light of the recent War over the Ruble it seems a little known (I heard of no discussion on it in the Me-Di-Uhh) provision in Cromnibus that penalizes Russia some more (targeting the oil industry) and on its face seems ominous enough but when you read the actual Senate bill it reserves the harsher sancitons on oil & gas industry and the ominously portrayed "lethal support" to Ukraine only if economic coercion (refusal of gas service) is exerted by Russia.  So, it all seems nefarious, but in reality it is a prudent attempt to moderate Russian activity in the region.  You will note there is nothing in there to declare a new strategic goal on the ground there - no expulsion of Russia for annexed territory, merely a maintenance of the status quo while each side consolidates.

Sadly though, much like pre-war America under the idiot FDR, strong men with a poor opinion of America, its people and especially its leader...will not act reasonably so an inexorable lurch towards war could be approaching, and like the idiots in FDR's regime who gutted the military and allowed enemies to grow stronger...this time around that stupid sh*t will not go unpunished and the results are likely to be more horrific and disasterous.

Helping Ukraine and her sister neighbors is the right thing to do, but making it an American-led effort instead of a European-led effort and having the useless dreck we have in this Regime is not the recipe for success!

::pullhair::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2014, 11:50:14 AM »
It is very likely that Vlad the Nation Inhaler...

...this is a good pic of him...

...is insane, like Persian-Mahdi-Nuke kind of insane...

“It’s not payback for Crimea. It’s the cost of our natural desire to preserve Russia as a nation, a civilization and a state,” Putin said.

The president said that even if “the Russian bear” started “sitting tight… and eating berries and honey,” this would not stop pressure being applied against the country.

“They won’t leave us alone. They will always seek to chain us. And once we are chain, they’ll rip out our teeth and claws. Our nuclear deterrence, speaking in present-day terms,” Putin said.

“As soon as this [chaining the bear] happens, nobody will need it anymore. They’ll stuff it. And start to put their hands on his Taiga [Siberian forest belt] after it. We’ve heard statements from Western officials that Russia’s owning Siberia was not fair,” he exclaimed.

“Stealing Texas from Mexico – was that fair? And us having control over our own land is not fair. We should hand it out!”

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/12/vladimir-putin-the-west-wants-to-chain-russian-bear-pull-its-teeth-and-stuff-it-video/

Wow.  This fvcking nutbar is way off the reservation...even if this is little better than red-meat propaganda for his brain-dead citizens...there has to be some kernel of personal beliefs in this blather, and to think this crazy little ex-KGB assclown has nukes and sh*t ought to make people piss their pants!

Hey, Vlad?  You are insane.  I've heard rants like this from the likes of such stellar humans as Pol Pot, Slobodan Milesovic and Adolph Hitler...so it appears you are just as batsh*t fvcking insane as those assclowns!  What do you say to that?  What do you say to people who see your aggression in Estonia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine...see your murdering of opposition members like Litvenenko in London and reporter Anna Politkovskaya...see you using Gazprom as a weapon against Europe like some sort of power-mad Czar or demented General Secretary?

Yeah, laugh it up you little psycho...chances are once you render your nation into ruins your own people will give you the Mussolini treatment!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2014, 12:53:27 PM »
I was born during the Carter administration, so I have no memory of it, but I always hear Rush and others talking about the country's national malaise, and how Reagan swept in and restored pride and confidence in ourselves. I definitely do remember the Reagan years.

Is this how it was in Carter's national malaise?  I think this must be worse even.  Because I certainly feel a malaise now.  It makes me angry that we are a weakening country, especially to know that it's an entirely deliberate weakening.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
I was born during the Carter administration, so I have no memory of it, but I always hear Rush and others talking about the country's national malaise, and how Reagan swept in and restored pride and confidence in ourselves. I definitely do remember the Reagan years.

Is this how it was in Carter's national malaise?  I think this must be worse even.  Because I certainly feel a malaise now.  It makes me angry that we are a weakening country, especially to know that it's an entirely deliberate weakening.

I remember the malaise. The difference (to me) is that I was a teen then and full of hope. In the intervening years I've had all of that foolishness beaten out of me. I think that I can relate (at least theoretically) to youngsters today who choose blissful ignorance over what is definitely a downer but IMO there are a lot more cynics these days compared to the carter years.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »
The Carter years were the culmination of the first great decline of the America-the-way-it-used-to-be.  For many (including in my parents day) the highwater mark was the Eisenhower Administration, at that point American had never been more powerful.  Then with the youthful energetic JFK people thought (as did my parents) that a new era was beginning, that a new generation born out of depression and war and emerged victorious over both was about to usher in a new age of greatness, prosperity and enlightenment...

It was of course all a complete sham.  JFK won largely with Daddy's help, the dead voting in Chicago and JFK himself cheating (by taking notes) in the televised debate with Nixon that people listening thought Nixon won hands down but whom the TV age boobs gave JFK the win.  This marked the advent of a false prophet, and ideal that could not be met, a flawed leader who had the morals of a feral rabbit and relied upon family for advice over all others, a novice who was ill-prepared to met the Soviet menace and barely he (and we) survived it, and then he was unfairly struck down in the prime of life (another myth) and people began to be jaded about power and those in and around it.

Mid-JFK the Soviets scared the pants of us by launching the first satellite into space before our captured Nazi scientists managed to launch anything.  The era of duck-and-cover became more real and the proxy wars hotter.  And those latter were micromanged like nothing before and failure was already baked in and became just another item on the buffet of failure.  Then that complete fustercluck Johnson, tough-talking commie-killer by day and lunatic socialist welfare state expander extraordinaire by night.  Still, the American post-war economy hummed, we were still #1, despite being ruled by idiots and despite increasing societal rot (stinking hippies and proto-FemiNazis and eco-tards) and despite structural weakness in our economy and industry that would be exploited by Asia and other emerging economies.

Nixon brought a new pragmatism that had all Country Club proto-Ruling Class Pubbies giddy with possibilities, and his electoral thrashing of McGovern seemed to cement this power block into place...until Deep Throat and a ravenous press that had begun to swing wildly left got wind of a minor office break-in and that toppled a President for the first time in history based solely on his own character flaws.

The oil crisis, inflation, a nothing leader like Ford, malaise had fertile ground in 1976, and Carter ran as the not-Nixon/not-Ford candidate and America got a middle manager as POTUS who was a neophyte on foreign policy (and it showed, nothing higher than the abysmal Iranian Hostage affair and the disastrous rescue op) and a neophyte on economic issues (and it showed by a worsening economy, stagflation, unemployment, industry absolutely hammered by foreign competition who had no high labor union wages or burdensome government regulations or taxation) and malaise took on new meaning and Carter's face was the poster boy for it.  I was in the Navy at this time, morale was in the sh*tter, nobody felt optimistic about anything.  The Left did a great job advancing this, people being leveled into the same unhappy state should have been their Nirvana moment, but Carter was the Wong guy to exploit it. 

As a result Reagan swept in with simple clarity - government is the problem, government is too big, government takes and consumes too much, people need to be allowed to unleash their potential free of interference, etc.  He was the Anti-Carter, the Anti-Uncle Handout, and he kicked electoral ass, twice.  Nobody has approached his election numbers since. 

And the Democrats became harder left, harder socialists and the Pubbies returned to Ruling Class hands and its been back down the drain ever since.

Carter redefined malaise...now Obama is redefining the drain and breeds hatred and apathy like nothing ever before seen.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:25:13 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
Wow, Libertas; that's as good a summation as I've ever read.   ::thumbsup::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
Yes, that was awesome.  We should sticky that :)

- Yours Truly