Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88097 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2022, 09:59:15 PM »

DW News youtube
Russia: Deal reached to evacuate Azovstal's wounded.

No news on prisoner swaps, eh?

No. I expect the talking heads in the MSM to start taking about the Geneva convention etc. Most will be spouting gibberish.

I think that the Geneva convention covers more than just soldiers in a regular army in uniform.
I understand that POWs are entitled to the presumption they are covered until that status is determined.
I think the Russians sorted out the regular army, the NAZIs, civilians and mercenaries.
If the Ukes have been not taking prisoners as they boast they may have few to swap.

Is the Red Cross allowed to visit any POWs?
Any word on high ranking US military/retired?
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #781 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:29 AM »

DW News youtube
Russia: Deal reached to evacuate Azovstal's wounded.

No news on prisoner swaps, eh?

No. I expect the talking heads in the MSM to start taking about the Geneva convention etc. Most will be spouting gibberish.

I think that the Geneva convention covers more than just soldiers in a regular army in uniform.
I understand that POWs are entitled to the presumption they are covered until that status is determined.
I think the Russians sorted out the regular army, the NAZIs, civilians and mercenaries.
If the Ukes have been not taking prisoners as they boast they may have few to swap.

Is the Red Cross allowed to visit any POWs?
Any word on high ranking US military/retired?

I don't know about visits...perhaps a more recent addendum, not sure any new elements the past 40 years...they are entitled to humanitarian packages through the Red Cross...Muslim Red Crescent too I believe...and humanitarian packages from family and letters...

Something Charlie notoriously abused during Vietnam...

I have not heard of any notable American captures, obviously any netted would be more valuable than even a Uke General...and the higher the rank the greater the prize...

Pretty sure if the Russians had any of those we wouldn't know it until much later (if a preferential deal tilted Russia's way was the price for said return) if ever...otherwise if no leveraged deal possible they would already be making propaganda advantage of them...

Meanwhile...

No impetus either side to negotiate squat...Russia has the territory it wants...Ukraine has the West propping it up...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-ukraine-peace-talks-not-happening-any-form-stances-harden

I reckon the stalemate will be broken when somebody runs out of patience and decides to stir things up...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 09:09:10 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #782 on: May 18, 2022, 11:35:49 AM »

^^^^
Leaders of NATO countries have been actively discouraging Ukraine from holding peace talks with Russia. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said that he "urged" Ukraine not to negotiate with the Russians. He reportedly told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in an April 9 visit to Kyiv that even if Ukraine was ready to sign a deal with Russia, the West was not.

The US and many of its NATO allies have also made clear that one of their main goals in Ukraine is to hurt Russia. According to the Times, Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas has said the West needs to push for a military defeat of Russia rather than "a peace that allows aggression to pay off."

In recent weeks, the leaders of France, Germany, and Italy have all come out in favor of a negotiated solution to end the war, but Washington does not appear to be on board with the idea. When asked about the US’s position on negotiations, Biden administration officials have said they feel the best way they could help Ukraine is by supporting them militarily.

I read that UA made some concessions at Istanbul then Boris told them to retract them which they did. RU concluded the negotiations were not in good faith.

IMO if UA was willing to allow autonomy for the Donbass and kiss off Crimea the war might be over.
Earlier on all that was needed was to honor Minsk and stop shelling the east, which was included in Minsk I believe. But the US and the oh so clever boys and girls at the state dept decided to encourage UA to jerk RU and the Donbass around. They showed that diplomacy was likely useless as the US and UA could not be trusted. Only military force would work.

If US refuses to negotiate I have no clue as to how far RU will go. They do not want to take over regions that are not friendly to RU and RU speakers. Most of the defenders at Mariupol were from elsewhere BTW. IMO they would like Odessa but do not want to see the city destroyed.

RU has been rather restrained so far. They do attack military posts even if they are in apts, schools, or hospitals. They recently took out fuel and ammo dumps and also stored weapons They waited 2 months before they took out the RR electric substations and RR bridges after the west kept bragging about all the heavy weapons they would provided.

Last I heard the two biggest cities in UA had water, sewer, electricity, internet, cell service. If UA did something big against RU that could change in the blink of an eye. Hell, RU still provides nat gas to UA. UA recently cut off 1/3 of gas to EU via UA because RU started supplying the Donbass from the northern pipeline. Apparently UA had cut them off.

IMO RU may get to the point where they want to sue for peace. UA will react by terrorizing the civilians in the RU held areas as they have been for 8 years. RU will react in steps by taking out say electricity in part of Kiev or shutting off the gas. UA will start to run out of Ukrainians to throw at the Russians. I read that more of the troops surrendered/killed in the east are old and from the territorial guard in the west.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #783 on: May 18, 2022, 12:29:38 PM »
As usual, DemCom's good at getting into wars...totally suck on executing them, achieving victory or exiting with dignity...and leave sh!t to others to clean up...

The financial and military assistance to Ukraine came with the wrong strings...instead of the corruption and DeepState strings it should have come with one simple demand - negotiate an end, contain this sh!t or we pull the plug...but that's now how these corrupt bastards roll...and its even easier woth the Woketarded REMFs dominating the Pentagon...

So, protracted and unstable it will remain...

As for Azovstal...seems its the lower ranks walking out...

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/1000-azovstal-fighters-have-surrendered-monday-top-commanders-remain-kremlin

...the bigger fish are staying in the bowl.

Either they are holding out for better surrender terms, planning to go out in a blaze of stupidity or wanting the Rus to level all to ruin...or all of the above.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #784 on: May 18, 2022, 01:16:53 PM »
^^^
I read that an attempt to add any auditing provision to the $40B was shot down. No inspector general.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #786 on: May 18, 2022, 04:00:36 PM »
Well, reading from scripts...seems a little less organic and more...well...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #787 on: May 18, 2022, 04:01:24 PM »
^^^
I read that an attempt to add any auditing provision to the $40B was shot down. No inspector general.

That's because scum wants full-on larcenous corruption to flow back their way vs just a little juice...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #788 on: May 19, 2022, 08:21:20 AM »
All right, calm down...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/major-nato-war-games-set-begin-miles-russian-base

...just because the last time war games were conducted along another's border and Ukraine got invaded doesn't mean Russia has jack squat to worry about from these NATO pussies...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #789 on: May 19, 2022, 12:14:29 PM »

https://www.rt.com/news/555644-us-aid-ukraine-money-laundering/
 US aid to Ukraine looks ‘like money laundering scheme’ – congresswoman
American aid to Kiev goes to NGOs run by “friends and families” of US politicians, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene claims
US aid to Ukraine looks ‘like money laundering scheme’ – congresswoman

FILE PHOTO. ©  Global Look Press / www.imago-images.de

The financial support America provides to Ukraine looks very much “like money laundering schemes,” Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has told ‘The Truth With Lisa Boothe’ podcast on Monday. The money supposedly destined for Ukrainians ends up in the pockets of “non-profits and NGOs” that are often run by people close to the politicians in Washington, Greene has claimed.

“They want to get $40 billion to Ukraine and you have these $40 billion on top of the money that have already been given. That brings it to $53 billion. That is over two thirds of the State Department’s entire budget for the year,” the congresswoman said, referring to the latest aid package that is currently going through the US Senate.

According to Greene, the US officials are doing this to eventually fund the NGOs operated by “their families and friends.” “It is basically like money laundering schemes,” she said.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #790 on: May 19, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »
Founders warned us...we passed the warnings along...people didn't GAFF...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #791 on: May 20, 2022, 08:58:13 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/russia-halts-finlands-gas-supply-two-days-after-applying-nato

Only a 5% sector so looks pretty easy to adjust to.

McConnell's Cucks once again hand a victory to all who value corruption and greed above all else...struggling people in this sh!t economy being an obvious all else being pissed on...as The Good Book says, ye shall know them by their fruits...and their fruits are bitter and rotted...

H/T-CTH

Y'all can go straight to Hell with the DemCom's...and the sooner the better!   ::doublebird::

This is good.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/05/19/col-douglas-macgregor-delivers-an-update-on-ukraine-from-a-perspective-western-media-cannot-dare-advance/

I like how shortly after the 3min. mark the news that SecDef sought out his counterpart Shoigu to discuss an immediate negotiation on Ukraine...ummm, is he unaware Shoigu is MIA or is the reporting in error?  I find that stunning.  Col. McGregor only commented the negotiations should have been called weeks ago.  Well, anyway...  And he is right about Sweden off-shoring defense to free up their domestic budget (ie-we got another ward on our hands) and while Finland may not be under immanent threat by Russia, they at least have historical animosities Sweden never had except way back when the two we briefly unified.

Anyway...the primary dynamic of DemComs & Cucks hating Russia and Russia hating America & NATO remains preeminent...

As for the W gaff...well, he's old, he don't care...and proves all the stories that Cheney ran the show were right.

https://youtu.be/Y5gWIzybdJ0

::hysterical::
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:28:24 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #792 on: May 20, 2022, 11:36:54 AM »
Well, thanks to inflation...this $40B is now worth about $30B...so that'll cut into the corrupt politicians juice coming back...

And the G7's $20B probably worth about $15B and cutting juice there too...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/g7-countries-pledge-nearly-20bn-keep-ukraines-wartime-economy-afloat

::)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #793 on: May 22, 2022, 09:51:10 PM »

Good commentary. Some guy came back from month in UA and said access is extremely restricted compared to other wars. He was covering war for Harpers. Some Irish MP makes goods comments. Good points that the militaries KNOW how many troops are still alive each day.

At 4 min Irish MP describes what US journalist Seth Harp reported back. Hard to get info that does not come from the UA MOD and is homogenized.
13 min total.
https://youtu.be/6hD1mNrY6R4

Kim Iversen: Piss-Poor Ukraine War Reporting INSULTS American’s Intelligence

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #794 on: May 22, 2022, 09:55:24 PM »
The US claiming that there is a Russian blockade of Ukrainian ports.
I do not believe that is true. I recall that Turkey is pissed because Ukraine mines the black sea.
https://www.america-times.com/statement-by-permanent-representative-vassily-nebenzia-at-un-security-council-open-debate-conflict-and-food-security/
Statement by Permanent Representative Vassily Nebenzia at UN Security Council open debate “Conflict and food security”
By
America Times News Service
May 20, 2022
An important factor is the leap over to green energy that is being imposed on the entire world instead of a thoroughly considered smooth energy transition, to say nothing of straight-up politicizing of energy cooperation by some states. As a result, energy projects were abandoned recklessly and energy prices spiked. In 2020-2022 oil prices increased by more than 22 %, affecting fuel for farm machinery and agricultural carriers, as well as electricity for food industry. Gas price also went record high – in December 2021 gas spot price reached a psychological benchmark of 2,000 dollars for a thousand cubic meters, even though Russia enhanced deliveries. This led up to an unprecedented increase of prices for mineral fertilizers in December 2021: carbamide and saltpeter prices multiplied by 3.5-4, prices for other fertilizers increased two- or threefold.
You say that we allegedly block opportunities for exporting agricultural products from Ukraine by sea. Truth is however that it is Ukraine and not Russia who has blocked 75 vessels from 17 states in the ports of Nikolaev, Kherson, Chernomorsk, Mariupol, Ochakov, Odessa, and Yuzhniy and has mined the waterways. How can we be talking about grain exports? Russia’s armed forces daily open a humanitarian corridor, which is a safe passageway for vessels leading in the south-western direction from Ukraine’s territorial waters. As for Kiev, it evades interacting with foreign states who operate those vessels to solve the issue of their safe exit to the rendezvous area. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #795 on: May 23, 2022, 08:29:43 AM »

Good commentary. Some guy came back from month in UA and said access is extremely restricted compared to other wars. He was covering war for Harpers. Some Irish MP makes goods comments. Good points that the militaries KNOW how many troops are still alive each day.

At 4 min Irish MP describes what US journalist Seth Harp reported back. Hard to get info that does not come from the UA MOD and is homogenized.
13 min total.

Well, since 95% of Jurno's are Marxists following party line orders and obedient to the demands of Deep State...their role can hardly be described as surprising on any topic...

As for insulting American's intelligence...well, what had been a long-time goal of DemCom's has also become a core practice among RINO/AINO/Establishment Cucks...its just the latter wasn't revealed in all its depravity until the rise of Donald Trump.

Now days, those not insulting our intelligence is a much shorter list to work from...

Even then, with most all...a measure of salt is needed, the only question is how large a portion is required?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #796 on: May 23, 2022, 08:42:02 AM »
I do not believe that is true. I recall that Turkey is pissed because Ukraine mines the black sea.
https://www.america-times.com/statement-by-permanent-representative-vassily-nebenzia-at-un-security-council-open-debate-conflict-and-food-security/
Statement by Permanent Representative Vassily Nebenzia at UN Security Council open debate “Conflict and food security”
By
May 20, 2022
An important factor is the leap over to green energy that is being imposed on the entire world instead of a thoroughly considered smooth energy transition, to say nothing of straight-up politicizing of energy cooperation by some states. As a result, energy projects were abandoned recklessly and energy prices spiked. In 2020-2022 oil prices increased by more than 22 %, affecting fuel for farm machinery and agricultural carriers, as well as electricity for food industry. Gas price also went record high – in December 2021 gas spot price reached a psychological benchmark of 2,000 dollars for a thousand cubic meters, even though Russia enhanced deliveries. This led up to an unprecedented increase of prices for mineral fertilizers in December 2021: carbamide and saltpeter prices multiplied by 3.5-4, prices for other fertilizers increased two- or threefold.
You say that we allegedly block opportunities for exporting agricultural products from Ukraine by sea. Truth is however that it is Ukraine and not Russia who has blocked 75 vessels from 17 states in the ports of Nikolaev, Kherson, Chernomorsk, Mariupol, Ochakov, Odessa, and Yuzhniy and has mined the waterways. How can we be talking about grain exports? Russia’s armed forces daily open a humanitarian corridor, which is a safe passageway for vessels leading in the south-western direction from Ukraine’s territorial waters. As for Kiev, it evades interacting with foreign states who operate those vessels to solve the issue of their safe exit to the rendezvous area. 

Well, I'll focus on the Black Sea issue...say Vassily is correct on the mines...I thought Russia basically absconded with the bulk of the Ukrainian Navy when it seized Crimea...so these mines were laid before Crimea was seized?  Meaning they mined what was previously theirs that became theirs?  Or are they admitting what little Ukraine has left allowed them to mine significant sections of the Black Sea coastal area and Russia was powerless to stop them and/or has no/little minesweeping capability?  Maybe they intended to do nothing about them...?

Anyway, the blame game is pointless...if not for an invasion, there'd be a fertilizer deliveries and harvests...if not for Russian-speaking-peoplesTM there would be no separatists bitching about having to speak Ukrainian in Ukrainian borders (like racist capitalist Americans insist on English, eh?)...if not for throwing Budapest aside Minsk 1/2 may not have been thrown aside...if not for Trump and America being the worst victims of fraud in history, perhaps none of this would have happened...if not for Soviet domination... ... ... ...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #797 on: May 23, 2022, 02:31:38 PM »
Heh, first crappy burgers...now overpriced coffee...

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/starbucks-exits-russia-after-15-years-closes-130-stores-follows-mcdonalds-lead

...things are not all bad for Russia.   ::rolllaughing::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #798 on: May 23, 2022, 06:27:58 PM »

13 min total.

Well, since 95% of Jurno's are Marxists following party line orders and obedient to the demands of Deep State...their role can hardly be described as surprising on any topic...

As for insulting American's intelligence...well, what had been a long-time goal of DemCom's has also become a core practice among RINO/AINO/Establishment Cucks...its just the latter wasn't revealed in all its depravity until the rise of Donald Trump.

Now days, those not insulting our intelligence is a much shorter list to work from...

Even then, with most all...a measure of salt is needed, the only question is how large a portion is required?
Kim Iversen has a knack for drilling into the heart of things. I realize her philosophy major was not nuclear physics but she at least had to learn different ways of looking at things. Back before The Hill she did a two part analysis of the Kurds that was much different from the the MSM and also one on the Uighurs.

Here she notes that the militaries know how many of their soldiers are alive each night. Yet the numbers are wildly different.

After observing this invasion for a while here are my conclusions.
The Russians do not report setbacks and defeats.
The Russians do not report the whole truth.
The Russians over estimate enemy casualties because all armies do. See US in Vietnam.
The Russians may under report their own casualties or they may not.
The Russians do not lie or bluff. They must see some advantage in that. They have a dry daily report.

The Ukrainians lie and spin 24/7. It is reported as fact by the MSM. It seems to work for them.
If the Ukraine military collapses it will seem odd because of the spin they are winning.
Zelensky and his backing oligarch have show business and TV backgrounds so they continue with that.
It is OK to call NAZIs NAZIs.
NAZIs do bad things as part of their beliefs.
NAZIs have an outsized influence in the Ukraine military and govt.
I SUSPECT that Ukraine is greatly under reporting casualties. That will not be known for a long time.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #799 on: May 23, 2022, 06:54:31 PM »
By
May 20, 2022

Well, I'll focus on the Black Sea issue...say Vassily is correct on the mines...I thought Russia basically absconded with the bulk of the Ukrainian Navy when it seized Crimea...so these mines were laid before Crimea was seized?  Meaning they mined what was previously theirs that became theirs?  Or are they admitting what little Ukraine has left allowed them to mine significant sections of the Black Sea coastal area and Russia was powerless to stop them and/or has no/little minesweeping capability?  Maybe they intended to do nothing about them...?

Anyway, the blame game is pointless...if not for an invasion, there'd be a fertilizer deliveries and harvests...if not for Russian-speaking-peoplesTM there would be no separatists bitching about having to speak Ukrainian in Ukrainian borders (like racist capitalist Americans insist on English, eh?)...if not for throwing Budapest aside Minsk 1/2 may not have been thrown aside...if not for Trump and America being the worst victims of fraud in history, perhaps none of this would have happened...if not for Soviet domination... ... ... ...

IMO it does not take much to lay mines. Small coastal patrol boats will do. Ukraine controls Odessa. Russia has mine sweepers but I imagine it is hard to catch them all. Turkey says Ukraine is laying mines and they drift into waters near Turkey.

It would be nice to know the names and places of the ships allegedly blockaded. If true it could be negotiated fast. But Ukraine hates even being in the same room with vermin and sub humans. Such direct meetings were promised in Minsk but Ukraine does not believe in that.

I recall 75% of the Ukrainian navy defected to Russia.
IMO little of the US billions spent on Ukraine was invested there. Most is in Swiss banks accounts I'll bet.
Western mercs report that they had a hard time getting rifles and ammo.

Grain shortages may be the result of something else.
I respect the Duran and they respect Jacob Dreizin. He predicted a year of famine in 2022 back in Nov 2021 and updated Dec 2021. Why? Green energy policies, less nat gas for fertilizers. Sanctions on Belarus. etc. Who to blame? Now May 2022 we will blame Putin of course.

https://thedreizinreport.com/2021/11/16/the-famine-year-approaches/
 The Famine Year Approaches

Published by dreizinreport on November 16, 2021

Russia sells nat gas to Ukraine even now. I see no reason why they would not sell fertilizer if they have it to sell.
Ukraine controls the upstream part of a northern nat gas pipeline from  Russia. Russia controls some downstream part. After Russia started diverting some Russian gas to the Donbass Kiev shut it off upstream, ending 1/3 of the gas to Germany with it.

After Crimea voted to rejoin Russia Kiev dammed the source of 90% of water to Crimea. This ended much agriculture in Crimea. A naval blockade seems more in keeping with Kiev's recent actions than Russia's. Still, a 'news' organization might ask Kiev and Moscow to detail their accusations of a blockade.