Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88126 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #920 on: August 03, 2022, 07:54:31 PM »
I avoid social media, it is the easiest to be corrupted and feeds the spooks in CIA & NSA...closest thing I have to it is LinkedIn and I barely tolerate that noise...

You are more trusting of sources than I, I think everybody is full of crap.  Take that language issue...your in "Ukraine"...officially language would be expected to be "Ukrainian"...like speaking English here (that the DemoCommies corrupted by caving into the third world invaders and why we have effing signs in 8 languages!)...seems petty Russian butthurt to me, keep rehashing past sins...that's a game that can go on and on and on and if not stomped out ensures somebody suffers genocide...but, seems what they all want...I'm starting to not care...sucks for the innocent not wanting any of it...hopefully guilty on all sides suffer accordingly...

Same with the Nazi crap...Uke Nazi's/Russian Nazi's...WGAFF?  Same as American Nazi's and Soviet Nazi's... Don't care.

This sh*t show is in its last spasms...all that matters is the lust for war doesn't spill over into neighboring countries...

I had a LinkedIn account that sat dormant for several years. I had a plan to do some casual contracting.... right up til the coof scared everybody into the cellars.

I received a come-on to "friend" (or whatever the hell LinkedIn calls it) someone from my old employer and got curious about how people were doing. So I added him so that I could message him and make a few subtle inquiries. We had one brief conversation where he told me how fabulous his situation was - while asking where I was working and if there were any openings (but ignored any mention of the old crew).

Then I began receiving come-ons to add several dozen previous co-workers, including my ex-boss. I thought it peculiar because it was the algorithm talking, not approaches from any of the people themselves. I wondered why it was that all of the initiating of contact was from me to them. Surely they had the same capabilities to make contact as I did. I'm slow but I catch on eventually. The reason no one reached out to me personally was because no one had any interest in interacting with me, except to the extent that I added to the volume of their friend list for the purposes of virtue signalling.

What a phony POS poseur website that is!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #921 on: August 04, 2022, 08:06:47 AM »
What is the symbol above? Does it have a name?
It does not look familiar to me.

It is the special symbol of Task Force Rusich contingent of the Wagner Group in Ukraine...a recon group specializing in sabotage and attack...they were established by Alexey & Yan...and they adopted the Slavic Swastika as their logo...and they operate in Syria and Ukraine...ultra-Russian nationalists.

The Wagner Group has this touchy-feely logo -

And I don't know what you call that crap...but it's been modified in conflict areas they are in...

Dmitiri Utkin has these odd tats...

One looks like an SS lightning bolt...the other too hard to make out...

Here is the hero with other pals of Vlad from December 2016...

https://euromaidanpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Putin-with-Utkin-and-other-Vagner-mercenaries-circa-December-2016.jpg
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #922 on: August 04, 2022, 08:10:33 AM »
I avoid social media, it is the easiest to be corrupted and feeds the spooks in CIA & NSA...closest thing I have to it is LinkedIn and I barely tolerate that noise...

You are more trusting of sources than I, I think everybody is full of crap.  Take that language issue...your in "Ukraine"...officially language would be expected to be "Ukrainian"...like speaking English here (that the DemoCommies corrupted by caving into the third world invaders and why we have effing signs in 8 languages!)...seems petty Russian butthurt to me, keep rehashing past sins...that's a game that can go on and on and on and if not stomped out ensures somebody suffers genocide...but, seems what they all want...I'm starting to not care...sucks for the innocent not wanting any of it...hopefully guilty on all sides suffer accordingly...

Same with the Nazi crap...Uke Nazi's/Russian Nazi's...WGAFF?  Same as American Nazi's and Soviet Nazi's... Don't care.

This sh*t show is in its last spasms...all that matters is the lust for war doesn't spill over into neighboring countries...

I had a LinkedIn account that sat dormant for several years. I had a plan to do some casual contracting.... right up til the coof scared everybody into the cellars.

I received a come-on to "friend" (or whatever the hell LinkedIn calls it) someone from my old employer and got curious about how people were doing. So I added him so that I could message him and make a few subtle inquiries. We had one brief conversation where he told me how fabulous his situation was - while asking where I was working and if there were any openings (but ignored any mention of the old crew).

Then I began receiving come-ons to add several dozen previous co-workers, including my ex-boss. I thought it peculiar because it was the algorithm talking, not approaches from any of the people themselves. I wondered why it was that all of the initiating of contact was from me to them. Surely they had the same capabilities to make contact as I did. I'm slow but I catch on eventually. The reason no one reached out to me personally was because no one had any interest in interacting with me, except to the extent that I added to the volume of their friend list for the purposes of virtue signalling.

What a phony POS poseur website that is!

Yup, and everybody knows it!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #923 on: August 05, 2022, 01:12:32 PM »

I can't get over these videos.
My impression of Moscow was depressed people in drab clothing walking along drab Soviet buildings waiting in bread lines with KGB thugs in trench coats spying on them. I guess this was formed long ago. Yes I have also seen poor rural village videos and drab buildings in the far east in those videos and Siberian RR vides. .

Jeez. Now they switched from Spanish music to some barque style music and they are doing some folk dancing or ancient French dancing or Virginia Reels as I dunno what to call it. Only around 1/3 of people know that one to dance to.

https://youtu.be/826cFn1CflA
Moscow LIVE Dancing in Gorky Park

https://youtu.be/_BpU8fjk0uo?t=3129
Moscow LIVE - Flower Jam Festival, Underground River Neglinnaya
Lost in Moscow
32.1K subscribers
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #924 on: August 06, 2022, 04:48:07 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/anger-ukraines-backers-after-damning-amnesty-report-spotlights-human-shields

Anger From Ukraine's Backers After Damning Amnesty Report Spotlights 'Human Shields'
Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Friday, Aug 05, 2022 - 09:45 PM

Amnesty International has in a surprise shift placed its human rights scrutiny on Ukraine in a fresh report released Thursday. It immediately sparked a firestorm of criticism as both Western pundits and Kiev officials themselves blasted the findings as "unfair".

The Amnesty report said investigators had "found evidence of Ukrainian forces launching strikes from within populated residential areas, as well as basing themselves in civilian buildings in 19 towns and villages" in three war-torn regions of the country from April through July.
Destroyed hospital in Ukraine, via CBS

The report detailed that schools and hospitals, as well as people's homes, were put in harm's way, suggesting 'human shields' type tactics utilized by the Ukrainian military.

"Such tactics violate international humanitarian law and endanger civilians, as they turn civilian objects into military targets. The ensuing Russian strikes in populated areas have killed civilians and destroyed civilian infrastructure," Amnesty continued, saying this resulted in Russian attacks on said civilian infrastructure.

The report detailed further that in 22 of 29 schools visited by an Amnesty team between April and July, investigators found evidence of prior military activity. Additionally, five instances of Ukrainian troops using hospitals as bases were documented. The report went so far as to stress Amnesty was "not aware" of instances where Ukrainian troops first tried to evacuate civilians from these locations.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #925 on: August 08, 2022, 07:55:36 AM »
They have ZERO credibility...they never condemn the PaliSquatters or other 7th Century Savages doping the same damn thing...so they can FOAD!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #926 on: August 08, 2022, 12:15:19 PM »
These children pointing fingers are doing nothing but ensuring both sides get the radioactive deaths they lust for...

Sane people in wars past negotiated hands-off areas to hostilities or one side evacuated and declared a city free to prevent further loss of life...

Neither in this case has any honor...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/more-worrying-chernobyl-fighting-rages-europes-biggest-nuclear-power-plant

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #927 on: August 08, 2022, 12:20:19 PM »
They have ZERO credibility...they never condemn the PaliSquatters or other 7th Century Savages doping the same damn thing...so they can FOAD!

Some talking head said that Amnesty International sucked. The REAL story is why they reported on Ukraine NOW? There is nothing new happening. Someone gave the OK to start turning on Ukraine and Zelensky. Now they will 'discover' bad things about the Kiev govt and Zelensky.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #928 on: August 10, 2022, 07:59:49 PM »

Amnesty International wrote a report on Ukraine using human shields etc. Ukr got pissed.
So now Amnesty apologized  but stood by the report.

https://youtu.be/HJhuf0ysRBE
 This is a F*cking shame
73,731 views  Aug 8, 2022  Amnesty International says it "regrets" the recent report showing that Ukraine is harming its own citizens. This is a first for the organization. They do not retract the findings but they do apologize for harmed feelings. Whose feelings now? The harmed citizens or the woke mob?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #929 on: August 10, 2022, 09:21:28 PM »

I came across a recent video on Ukraine. This is nothing new. This has been going on for 8 years. In case you are ever curious as to why most of the world does not back Kiev or the US in this world, just mostly western govts.

The use of petal mines on civilian residential areas is new this summer. Usually Kiev uses cluster munitions or incendiaries on residential areas.

https://youtu.be/dCpRy1iDXcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6wJbPJv0kk&t=0s
https://youtu.be/61wJDFqUl9s
Ukrainian Terrorism: Firing Munitions Containing Petal Mines On Donbass Orphanage, Another War Crime

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #930 on: August 11, 2022, 07:55:01 AM »
sh*t happens, film at 11.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2022, 01:24:56 PM »

https://youtu.be/SDirVOxnvjo

U.N. issues DIRE warning to Ukraine and Russia, this is not a drill | Redacted with Clayton Morris
72,902 views  Aug 11, 2022  The United Nations is pleading for all shelling to stop around nuclear plants in Ukraine. Russia is asking the International Atomic Energy Agency to come in and inspect the attacks, maintaining that it is Ukraine that is doing this. The IAEA chief has cut short a vacation to do just that so we may get some answers soon but hopefully not before a nuclear disaster!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #932 on: August 12, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »
Blah blah blah...

Don't care, both to blame for not declaring it neutral ground...   ::smallestviolin::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #933 on: August 12, 2022, 05:35:56 PM »
Blah blah blah...

Don't care, both to blame for not declaring it neutral ground...   ::smallestviolin::

Sounds fair but absent that someone would occupy it. Right now Russia controls it and Kiev controlled Ukraine still gets electricity. If Kiev controlled it that is not likely. This opinion is based on Kiev cutting off gas. Now Kiev controls the upstream part of the northern pipeline and Russia/DPR controls a downstream part. So, to prevent the Donbass from getting gas Kiev shut off the entire northern pipeline. This also ended 1/4 to 1/3 of gas to Europe through the pipeline. Germany never complained at least publicly.

Also, after Crimea rejoined Russia, Kiev shut off 90% of the water supply to Crimea, only restored by Russia this year.

I blame the party doing the shelling. There is no military objective for the shelling that I can determine. I would not want to see Russia shelling nuke plants held by Kiev. Kinda dangerous. Ukr operators still run the plant. The Russians held the plant since Mar so why start shelling now?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #934 on: August 13, 2022, 10:29:47 AM »
Blah blah blah...

Sounds fair but absent that someone would occupy it. Right now Russia controls it and Kiev controlled Ukraine still gets electricity. If Kiev controlled it that is not likely. This opinion is based on Kiev cutting off gas. Now Kiev controls the upstream part of the northern pipeline and Russia/DPR controls a downstream part. So, to prevent the Donbass from getting gas Kiev shut off the entire northern pipeline. This also ended 1/4 to 1/3 of gas to Europe through the pipeline. Germany never complained at least publicly.

Also, after Crimea rejoined Russia, Kiev shut off 90% of the water supply to Crimea, only restored by Russia this year.

I blame the party doing the shelling. There is no military objective for the shelling that I can determine. I would not want to see Russia shelling nuke plants held by Kiev. Kinda dangerous. Ukr operators still run the plant. The Russians held the plant since Mar so why start shelling now?

So the argument is using energy as a weapon is only bad if somebody other than Russia is wielding it?  Swell.

I'd like to exercise some rejoining of Cuba back into American control...

Reckon we both must accept disappointment...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #935 on: August 13, 2022, 11:21:46 AM »
Blah blah blah...

So the argument is using energy as a weapon is only bad if somebody other than Russia is wielding it?  Swell.

I'd like to exercise some rejoining of Cuba back into American control...

Reckon we both must accept disappointment...

Who is using energy as a weapon? Who said that was bad?
I used past behavior to predict future behavior.

Russia has said the reactor outputs had been reduced. If this is done IMO they might reduce delivery to Kiev controlled parts of Ukr more than other regions.

What is Kiev's game plan? What is their goal here? I saw a drone video of a truck entering a large garage door in the facility. Kiev said this showed that the plant was being used as a military base. Russia has said they have troops inside for security.

The failure of the IAEA to show up sucks. Russia asked them in. I think Kiev said they do not want them in.

https://t.me/Reality_Theories/8088
📌 Facts to know on the eve of today’s meeting of the UN Security Council on Zaporozhskaya NPP

🔵 On 5-6 August the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) once again attacked ZNPP by shelling the critically important infrastructural objects of the plant as well as its satellite city Energodar. Twenty shells have been fired during the strikes

🔵 On 5 August, at 14:45, the Ukrainian shelling (three shells hit in the proximity of the training centre next to the territory of the open switchgear of the NPP) resulted in shutdown of the autotransformer and the high voltage line providing backup power to the Units ?1 and ?2 of ZNPP

🔵 On 5 August, at 16:45, the Ukrainian side committed an artillery shelling (four shells) of oil and fuel oil handling equipment and the site of hydrogen receivers. Damage of the pipeline caused jet fire that was localized due to timely and professional actions of ZNPP personnel and Russian military

🔵 On 6 August, at 19:42, the AFU units attacked ZNPP once again. Three artillery shells of 155 millimeters caliber (NATO standard) exploded next to the spent fuel storage and only 200 meters from the operating unit. One person was injured

🔵 On 7 August ZNPP was again shelled by the Ukrainian armed formations. The high-voltage power line “Kakhovskaya” was damaged. Equipment of an open switchgear (750 kW) was damaged as a result of a power surge. At Unit ?4, that was operational at 10% capacity, the power supply of control and safety system went offline. This triggered the emergency protection of the Unit ?4

🔵 The Ukrainian personnel of the plant has decided on cooldown of the Unit ?4 of ZNPP, as well as downpower of the Units ?5 and ?6. Currently, the Units ?5 and ?6 are downpowered to 500 MW

🔵 On 11 August Ukrainian armed formations again tried to attack the ZNPP with missiles and UAVs. This attack was repulsed by the air defense forces

🔵 In addition to direct military threats to the security of ZNPP the Kiev regime is working on other scenarios to create intentional preconditions for a nuclear accident at ZNPP. Inter alia, Kiev is considering different options of cutting the plant off from the Ukrainian power grid and keeps increasing psychological pressure on ZNPP employees and their relatives (they regularly receive phone calls threatening them with criminal prosecutions and physical reprisals)

🔵 Attacks of the Kiev regime on ZNPP endanger the safety and security of Europe and the whole world. In case of an accident at this station the radiation contamination zone (more than 5300 square kilometers, length around 420 km) would cover the population of Kievskaya, Zaporozhskaya, Kharkovskaya, Poltavskaya, Khersonskaya, Odesskaya, Nikolaevskaya, Kirovogradskaya, Vinnitskaya oblasts, Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics, border areas of Russia and Belarus, as well as Moldova, Bulgaria and Romania. The situation could get worse because of adverse weather conditions and spread of possible contamination zone to South-Ukrainian NPP and the nuclear fuel storage at Chernobyl NPP, as well as water arteries. The Black Sea and the Bosphorus Strait would become unsuitable for navigation for a long time. The shores of Abkhazia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania and Türkiye would be contaminated with high levels of radiation

??The UN, the IAEA, as well as all countries that have influence on the Kiev regime should do everything possible to ensure immediate cessation of Ukrainian attacks on ZNPP before they resulted in devastating consequences for the whole mankind

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #936 on: August 13, 2022, 12:56:38 PM »
Umm, Russia has/is/will use energy as a weapon.  ?

Only Russia can play that game?

Also, only Russia can be responsible (why the barbarian Ukrainians cannot see big brother Slav is trying to care for them is unthinkable...we give them electricity, ungrateful barbarians seek only to reclaim what was taken from their childish hands we returned to their rightful [albeit Soviet] owner!) and victim (they're shelling us!) at the same time.  If Russia wasn't controlling the plant...would there be shelling?  If Russia wasn't in Ukraine, would there be war?  Being the larger nation, supposedly civilized and more ethical and moral...they would have avoided anything looking like control around a nuclear power plant...

I don't know what you expect here, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get it.

Disaster belongs to both...not my problem.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #937 on: August 13, 2022, 02:38:59 PM »

IMO it is a strange war where Russia is providing nat gas and electricity to the enemy.
There is Russian civilian pressure to stop that. Maybe more after this.
If the Russians were not there Kiev would still be shelling the east and cutting off water and perhaps energy.

When has Russia used energy as a weapon? Kiev shut off the northern pipeline which provided 1/4 to 1/3 of gas to Germany.

I don't think shelling a nuclear plant is OK no matter who does it. We disagree.

I saw a recent clip from Zelensky that was almost comical. He said the Russians had shelled the nuclear plant and this was terrible. Then he called for the Russians to leave the plant. So Russians are shelling themselves? He needs better writers. If he wrote it he should cut down on the coke.

At the start you can hear the director yell something that might be the equivalent of "action!"
Then the victims run in front of the cameras with a boom mic over head.

https://youtu.be/spYxJyUnBBA

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/8437
In Gostomel, the "directors" of the Kiev regime are filming a staged video about the alleged atrocities of Russian troops against civilians.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #938 on: August 15, 2022, 08:02:19 AM »

IMO it is a strange war where Russia is providing nat gas and electricity to the enemy.
There is Russian civilian pressure to stop that. Maybe more after this.
If the Russians were not there Kiev would still be shelling the east and cutting off water and perhaps energy.

When has Russia used energy as a weapon? Kiev shut off the northern pipeline which provided 1/4 to 1/3 of gas to Germany.

I don't think shelling a nuclear plant is OK no matter who does it. We disagree.

I saw a recent clip from Zelensky that was almost comical. He said the Russians had shelled the nuclear plant and this was terrible. Then he called for the Russians to leave the plant. So Russians are shelling themselves? He needs better writers. If he wrote it he should cut down on the coke.

At the start you can hear the director yell something that might be the equivalent of "action!"
Then the victims run in front of the cameras with a boom mic over head.

https://youtu.be/spYxJyUnBBA

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/8437
In Gostomel, the "directors" of the Kiev regime are filming a staged video about the alleged atrocities of Russian troops against civilians.

LOL, so they never slowed flows, mucked with prices...St. Vlad the Honest, eh?  Would never take advantage of a freezing Europe stupid enough to think single-source provider of energy was a brilliant idea even if they deserve what they get?  Seriously?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #939 on: August 15, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »
LOL, so they never slowed flows, mucked with prices...St. Vlad the Honest, eh?  Would never take advantage of a freezing Europe stupid enough to think single-source provider of energy was a brilliant idea even if they deserve what they get?  Seriously?

I do not know what is going on with the turbines. Russia may be jerking them around. Then again, Canada  could have just returned the repaired turbine as normal because of the consequences of not doing so. The reporting on this issue sucks. As I understand it, Russia had a contract with Siemens Canada and now Germany has possession somehow?

As I understand it .....
Some countries shut down coal plants because nat gas was cheaper and they thought that would last forever.
Germany shut down some nuke plants and planned to shut down others.
Some countries opted to buy nat gas on the spot market because it was cheaper than long term contracts and they thought that would last forever.
Germany begged Russia to build NS2 then refused to certify it and use the gas.
I know the NS1 shut down for maintenance was planned only because I saw the same drop in gas flow exactly one year prior to that.
Kiev shut down the northern gas pipeline providing 1/4 to 1/3 of nat gas to Germany. They did this to spite the Donbass
All of this drove the nat gas price up as anyone could have predicted. The EU leaders are crazy. Insane.

They should arrange other energy sources and THEN reduce Russian gas imports, not the other way around.

The EU has announced they will reduce or end Russian gas/oil imports on a certain date.
What if the Russians can read and rely on this to plan ahead?
They are building pipelines to Asia.
I saw a recent headline about EU having to fight Asia for Russian gas and oil.