Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88217 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1360 on: March 15, 2023, 09:14:08 AM »
Yes, thinking back to my younger days when I could actually work on cars myself...

Ever use Sea Foam on a mechanical carb?  Too much and it stalls the engine.  No oxygen.

And, if you carefully read the Kremlim statement -

The Russian fighters did not use airborne weapons, did not come into contact with the unmanned aerial vehicle

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-reaper-drone-downed-over-black-sea-incident-russian-jet

Leaves fuel dumping totally viable.

Also, they said the drone's transponder was off...prior to this (go see Monkey Werx) they had been flying with transponders on over the middle of the Black Sea in East-West runs...likely going dark was a test, and now we see the results of that test...so I suspect subsequent flights will be sqwaking regularly.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1361 on: March 15, 2023, 04:22:22 PM »
The imbeciles operating through the US government are trying to start [another] war.   ::pokeineye::    ::gaah::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1362 on: March 15, 2023, 06:57:15 PM »
over whelmed the intake of the drone, effectively killing its engine.

Could be. Isn't ejecting fuel how you go to after burner?  That wouldn't help the drone much either.
I wonder if they could destabilize the drone with wake turbulence real close. IMO the drone would use AI to recover.

The WH earlier said they would not send a drone to Ukraine for fear it would fall into Russian hands. That went well.

Ritter said the reaper had extensive EW and intelligence gathering equipment. US tried to get Romania to fish the drone out but too late. Russia got there first. Ritter thinks the military resisted sending that drone there on that mission.
Lindsey Graham wants to shoot Russian jets out of the sky.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1363 on: March 15, 2023, 07:03:34 PM »

OUCH!
https://www.firstpost.com/world/germany-remains-occupied-by-us-says-russian-president-vladimir-putin-12294242.html
 Germany remains 'occupied' by US, says Russian President Vladimir Putin
Putin, interviewed on Russian television, also said European leaders had been browbeaten into losing their sense of sovereignty and independence

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1364 on: March 15, 2023, 09:49:34 PM »

This whole Georgia thing upsets me because the US does not care about what happens to the people there, just like Ukraine. The guy at New Atlas taught me about how things work. US funds NGOs to do regime change. Protests, violent protests, etc. Georgia is likely US funded NGOS which is why the US objected  to a US style FARA law.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1365 on: March 16, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »
over whelmed the intake of the drone, effectively killing its engine.

Could be. Isn't ejecting fuel how you go to after burner?  That wouldn't help the drone much either.
I wonder if they could destabilize the drone with wake turbulence real close. IMO the drone would use AI to recover.

The WH earlier said they would not send a drone to Ukraine for fear it would fall into Russian hands. That went well.

Ritter said the reaper had extensive EW and intelligence gathering equipment. US tried to get Romania to fish the drone out but too late. Russia got there first. Ritter thinks the military resisted sending that drone there on that mission.
Lindsey Graham wants to shoot Russian jets out of the sky.

"After" burner...superheat the compressed air as it leaves for added thrust...purposely dumping fuel (typically from wings - most military jets have "wet wings") would smother oxygen needed for combustion...

The Reaper has lots of nice sensors and is armed, the platform is nothing particularly special...the gizmo's though...

Grahamnasty is a thumb-sucking imbecile...WWRD?  Not start WWIII over nothing!  He needs to be slapped.

Gotta bring back dueling...cut the BS down in no time!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1366 on: March 16, 2023, 08:47:28 AM »

OUCH!
https://www.firstpost.com/world/germany-remains-occupied-by-us-says-russian-president-vladimir-putin-12294242.html
 Germany remains 'occupied' by US, says Russian President Vladimir Putin
Putin, interviewed on Russian television, also said European leaders had been browbeaten into losing their sense of sovereignty and independence

Ya, sure...they did it willingly, Puti.  Why pay for defense when you can have stupid American's pick up the tab year after year, decade after decade...and bear the brunt of your backyard failures?!

They dropped to their knees, just like Syrian's did to you and you do to China.  He ought to know better he is not going to win with words.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1367 on: March 16, 2023, 08:48:06 AM »

This whole Georgia thing upsets me because the US does not care about what happens to the people there, just like Ukraine. The guy at New Atlas taught me about how things work. US funds NGOs to do regime change. Protests, violent protests, etc. Georgia is likely US funded NGOS which is why the US objected  to a US style FARA law.

I don't care.   And for good reason.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #1368 on: March 16, 2023, 09:07:54 AM »

The "US" does not care about what happens to the people HERE.  Try to find a way to be upset about this instead.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1369 on: March 16, 2023, 12:16:44 PM »

The "US" does not care about what happens to the people HERE.  Try to find a way to be upset about this instead.

Made me laugh. Almost spit out coffee.

When I see a 'democracy' protest now I wonder who paid for it and organized it. I think the US paid for the Hong Kong protests now.
What is nice about the new atlas Brian Berletic is that he provides support and references for what he says. Often US govt links. He shows videos of people being trained on how to protest and organize to return back to their home countries.

I earlier posted from video clips from a prof on Ukraine history. Ethnic Ukraine regions but no independent country until 1999, with 4 different regions attempting in 1918 in that region. Now Dreizin gives some details of history.  Russian empire was weak and never standardized Russian language so lots of dialects including Galician in area of current central or western Ukraine.

https://thedreizinreport.com/2023/03/15/silicon-valley-bank-and-donetsk/

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1370 on: March 16, 2023, 12:27:13 PM »
The Ukraine is a historically new construction. Until the late 19th century, the Ukraine was merely a region, and 100% of its inhabitants, the Ukrainians, or Rusyns (Ruthenians) as they were called in areas under Austria at that time, considered that their language, or whatever regional dialect they spoke, was Russian (“Russka mova”), and they had zero political awareness or identity separate from Russia (with the exception of the Zaporozhian Cossacks, who were Cossacks, not as presently described, “Ukrainian Cossacks”, LOL.)

The concept of a “Ukrainian language” and the associated identity was constructed in areas under Austrian rule (parts of Galicia and Volhynia), with Austrian support and state financing, immediately after the local iteration of the 1848 revolutions, as a way to quell pro-Russian irredentism among landowners and the Russian Orthodox church in the region. From here on, the Galician literary dialect was also set as the “one and only” Ukrainian language, similar to how the dialect of Florence became “standard Italian.”
... more at link

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1371 on: March 16, 2023, 06:19:19 PM »

The US govt treats us with neglect, abuse, and exploitation. They want Georgia to be turned into a cinder.
They are sociopaths.
Some in US govt glowed when talking about how the Ukraine war was such a good deal for America.
We spend a small part of our wealth and get to weaken Russia without spilling any American blood.
150K dead Ukrainian soldiers so far?
Geez.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1372 on: March 17, 2023, 12:10:51 PM »
The Ukraine is a historically new construction. Until the late 19th century, the Ukraine was merely a region, and 100% of its inhabitants, the Ukrainians, or Rusyns (Ruthenians) as they were called in areas under Austria at that time, considered that their language, or whatever regional dialect they spoke, was Russian (“Russka mova”), and they had zero political awareness or identity separate from Russia (with the exception of the Zaporozhian Cossacks, who were Cossacks, not as presently described, “Ukrainian Cossacks”, LOL.)

The concept of a “Ukrainian language” and the associated identity was constructed in areas under Austrian rule (parts of Galicia and Volhynia), with Austrian support and state financing, immediately after the local iteration of the 1848 revolutions, as a way to quell pro-Russian irredentism among landowners and the Russian Orthodox church in the region. From here on, the Galician literary dialect was also set as the “one and only” Ukrainian language, similar to how the dialect of Florence became “standard Italian.”
... more at link

The US is a relatively new construction too...by this metric we should abase ourselves to...

The British?

The so-called native Americans?

No.  Maybe only the Solutrean people who migrated here 20k years ago from what is now modern Spain and France.

It's games like this that annoy me.  Playing the who's first game...well, Rus are a marriage of Slavs and Vikings...rose in Kiev, dominated Moscow.  How far back you want to go with this and is that point the true genesis or a convenient one?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1373 on: March 17, 2023, 12:13:41 PM »

The US govt treats us with neglect, abuse, and exploitation. They want Georgia to be turned into a cinder.
They are sociopaths.
Some in US govt glowed when talking about how the Ukraine war was such a good deal for America.
We spend a small part of our wealth and get to weaken Russia without spilling any American blood.
150K dead Ukrainian soldiers so far?
Geez.

I think you made our point...

Don't care about European problems, don't care about Russia, Georgia or any of them...

Give us a plan to solve things here at home...by default it will solve you irritations over there...

If it is enlist with Russia, try again...trading assholes is not the answer or very realistic...getting rid of our assholes is...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1374 on: March 17, 2023, 06:34:02 PM »

14K dead in the Donbass in 8 years, mostly from shelling. Many orphans sent to Russia by relatives. Now this.

https://voxday.net/2023/03/17/checkmate-putin-2/
The ICC has issued a warrant for the arrest of Vladimir Putin.

The Pre-trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court (ICC) issued warrants on Friday for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Maria Lvova-Belova, the presidential commissioner for children’s rights. The ICC alleged that Putin and Lvova-Belova engaged in the “unlawful deportation of population (children) and that of unlawful transfer of population (children) from occupied areas of Ukraine to the Russian Federation.”

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1375 on: March 17, 2023, 08:42:16 PM »

... more at link

The US is a relatively new construction too...by this metric we should abase ourselves to...

The British?

The so-called native Americans?

No.  Maybe only the Solutrean people who migrated here 20k years ago from what is now modern Spain and France.

It's games like this that annoy me.  Playing the who's first game...well, Rus are a marriage of Slavs and Vikings...rose in Kiev, dominated Moscow.  How far back you want to go with this and is that point the true genesis or a convenient one?

Some people like history, others don't. I hear competing versions in the headlines. I had no idea as to the history. Then a couple short versions fell into my lap. I posted previously some short videos from a history professor about Ukraine. How there was not an independent country in current Ukraine until 1918 when there were 4 different ones (poles around Lviv, Ukrainians around Kiev,  Russians around Kharkov, and Russians in Crimea). They lasted maybe a year until the Reds put them down. Then independent in 1999.

Dreizin makes some interesting points about language. Most people could not read and write and there was no
standard language; which varied some from village to village as people never traveled more than 20 miles from where they born. Russian empire was backward. Austro-Hungarian empire pushed a separate Ukraine language, for political reasons,  based on a dialect of Russian which existed, as did many other dialects as there was no standard Russian. Lenin did the same thing in the 1920s in pushing Ukrainian; again for political reasons then Stalin killed it.

A current entity named Ukraine was created when Stalin/whoever drew lines on a map to include ethnic Poles, Ukrainians, and Russians. They became independent in 1999.

Ethnic Ukrainians go way back. Not the country with that name. Same with German people and Italian people who got similar sized countries as now in the late 1800s. Now the Ukrainians are rewriting history to create a glorious past nation.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1376 on: March 17, 2023, 09:46:26 PM »
BTW 2 books in my top 10 are Ethnic America and Albions Seed, both about immigration to America. Explains why different areas in the US are different to this day, although lost of movement since then.

Things got clearer after some history. Ukrainians have been shelling the Russians in the east for 8 years. According to them to drive the subhumans off their sacred land. The Ukrainian ancestral land is centered on Kiev. Russian ancestral land in the current borders of Ukraine is the Donbass. Russians lived there hundreds of years. Some only 80 years.

Why are there so many Ukraine POWs from Mariupol with swastika/Hitler tattoos but none in Germany?
What do you call people who have swastika/Hitler tattoos?  I will call them NAZIs. You can call them whatever you want.
From 1946 to 53 US backed NAZIS in current Ukraine. 400K dead on all sides. They fled to other countries or the gulags. Later NAZIs freed from gulags Some formed political groups in Ukraine, That is why you see NAZIs  on Ukr social media but not German social media.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1377 on: March 18, 2023, 01:09:46 PM »
Another piece of history fell into my lap.Parts of current Ukraine were ruled my the Austro-Hungarian empire. Some analyst said that hating Russians is what it means to be western Ukrainian. This region was referred to as Galicia. Centered on Lviv? Around 2 million Russian soldiers died in WWI so the 60K number killed below by authorities are different from those. Authorities hung people for reading Russian etc. Later concentration camps.

After writing this post I found the link below. It has much better formatting and pictures.
https://www.rt.com/russia/572970-gallows-and-executions-without-end/

https://t.me/iEarlGreyTV/4961
"...By the start of WW1, the Russophile movement in Galicia was experiencing tough times. As a result of the “divide and rule” policy implemented by the Austrians, the movement suffered a split. The oldest and most respected organizations ended up in the hands of pro-Austrian leaders who advocated Ukrainian, not Rusyn, identity.

“Those suspected of ‘Russophilia’ were hung on these trees in front of the windows. They would hang there for a day, then would be taken off and others would take their place… ” recounted one of the peasants in the Gorodetsky district.

Repressions against the intelligentsia were followed by those against the general public. Anyone who was thought to sympathize with Russia or Russian culture became a suspect. This included people who had once visited Russia, read Russian newspapers, or were just known as “Russophiles.”...

... On August 28, 1914, there were two thousand prisoners in Lviv alone. It was then that the Austrian authorities decided to establish concentration camps. In September 1914, the huge Thalerhof place of incarceration was set up in Styria. The first prisoners were delivered on September 4. According to the testimony of one of the survivors, priest Theodor Merena, prisoners were “people of different class and age”. They included clergy, lawyers, doctors, teachers, officials, peasants, writers, and students. The age of the prisoners ranged from infants to 100-year-olds.

...People slept on the ground in the open air despite the rain and frost. The latrines were uncovered and used by twenty people at a time. When the barracks were built, they were overcrowded, housing 500 people instead of the intended 200. The prisoners slept on straw beds which were rarely replaced. Naturally, epidemics were widespread. In just two months following November 1914, over three thousand prisoners died of typhus.

...To instill fear, prison authorities constructed poles throughout the camp and regularly hung “violators” on these poles. The violation could be a mere trifle, like catching someone smoking in the barrack at night...

The camp operated for nearly three years and was closed down in May 1917 on the order of Charles I of Austria.

...The exact number of victims in Thalerhof is still disputed. The official report by Field Marshal Schleer dated November 9, 1914, stated that 5,700 Russophiles were imprisoned there at the time. According to one of the survivors, in the autumn of the same year there were about 8,000 prisoners. Twenty to thirty thousand Russian Galicians and Bukovinians passed through Thalerhof in total. In the first year and a half alone, about 3,000 prisoners died. According to other sources, 3,800 people were executed in the first half of 1915. Overall, in the course of the First World War, the Austro-Hungarian authorities killed at least 60,000 Rusyns.

...In modern Ukraine, the Rusyn genocide isn’t publicly discussed. Thalerhof is not mentioned in any school textbooks on the history of the country. The idea that Russians once lived in Galicia – the proud center of “Ukrainian culture” – does not fit the nationalistic ideology of contemporary Ukraine. Most young people have never even heard of Thalerhof...."
https://web.archive.org/web/20230316022325/https://www.rt.com/russia/572970-gallows-and-executions-without-end/

pon edit
The tragedy marked the end of the Russophile movement in Galicia. All those who did not submit and did not take on a Ukrainian identity were physically annihilated. Just a few years after the tragic events, public views changed. The region came under the influence of other movements and politicians. When Austria-Hungary fell apart after the First World War, Galicia turned into a powerful center of the Ukrainian nationalist movement.

FILE PHOTO. Bird's-eye view of the Talerhof concentration camp

https://forgottengalicia.com/about/what-is-galicia/
A timeline of the territory of Galicia:

1199–1245: Principality of Galicia-Volhynia
1245–1349: Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia
1349–1569: Kingdom of Poland
1569–1772: Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
1772–1918: Kingdom of Galicia and Lodomeria, a crownland of the Austrian Empire
1918–1939: Republic of Poland
1939–1941: Soviet Occupation (eastern half)
1941–1944: Nazi German Occupation
1945–1991: Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic and Polish People’s Republic
1991– Independent Ukraine and Poland (Third Polish Republic from 1989)

https://forgottengalicia.com/historical-maps-of-galicia-1775-1918/

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1378 on: March 18, 2023, 01:29:09 PM »

BTW As far as I know, Russians were never a majority or plurality of the pop in Galicia, just a minority the Austro-Hungarian empire wanted to rub out at one point.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero