Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88259 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1400 on: March 22, 2023, 08:59:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1638250268214063105

Yup, it is akin to when the US eclipsed Britain.  They survived but were relegated to vassal.

I really do not know how the Russian ego will handle that reality.  If I had to postulate a response it would be denial buttressed with propaganda.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1401 on: March 22, 2023, 11:30:44 AM »

Ritter was on. Said there was a US govt and some scientific org that aid no harm from depleted Uranium in Iraq. Some scientists visited and found increased leukemia and birth defects. Years ago Russia concluded harm so they switched to tungsten. So they are touchy about the depleted Uranium shells being provided by UK.

Heard Belarusia killed foreign terrorist near Polish border. Now they found a nearby weapons cache. Maybe Poland involved?
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1402 on: March 22, 2023, 11:44:22 AM »
The Rus still have depleted uranium in their ammo bunkers...

Heard nothing about the latter...today everybody's loathed is a terrorist...

Some or more loathsome than others...I know I am surrounded...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1403 on: March 22, 2023, 04:57:12 PM »
 When I hear something I try to give the source. I do not know if it is true. I don't add a disclaimer most of the time.
I don't think that depleted uranium is radioactive but neither is lead and lead dust is not good for you.
Someone said that the US discourages any data gathering in Iraq. Russia regards depleted Uranium as toxic so are upset with UK.

Col Macgregor says some German metal firm formed in 1380 just declared bankruptcy. No energy or too expensive just as predicted.

German FM Baerbock previously said she would support Ukraine regardless of the people want. Now the 'populist'  Italian president said the same thing

Patrick Lancaster provides yet another video from Donetsk City. More rocket attacks on residential areas. They were Tochka U rockets, not US Himars as he first thought. Other such residential  attacks have used the US high precision Himars; maybe operated by US military or ex military since they are hard to use. I am surprised the US does not tell them to use them only military or mixed use targets.

This has been going on for 8 years. Kiev says they want to drive the Russians off their sacred land.
According to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk
The original settlement in the south of the European part of the Russian Empire was first mentioned as Aleksandrovka in 1779, during the reign of the Empress Catherine the Great.

https://youtu.be/MTAd63QqUUk
Ballistic Missiles & American Rockets Hammer Donetsk Russia Ukraine Warzone

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1404 on: March 22, 2023, 05:29:44 PM »
Also, Victor Orban said he would hold up any entry of Ukraine in EU or NATO  until Ukraine gave ethnic Hungarians equal rights with ethnic Ukrainians. Before that, he objected to ethnic Hungarians being disproportionately conscripted in their region of Ukraine.

In some country, the EU demanded that the Hungarian minority be educated in their mother tongue as this was a human right. I think they were only 5% of pop.

Had doc on Georgian history on. Said the ethnic Georgians go back to pre-history. Bounded on north and south by greater caucuses and lesser caucuses. Abkhasia goes way back also on maps.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1405 on: March 23, 2023, 09:46:10 AM »
When I hear something I try to give the source. I do not know if it is true. I don't add a disclaimer most of the time.
I don't think that depleted uranium is radioactive but neither is lead and lead dust is not good for you.
Someone said that the US discourages any data gathering in Iraq. Russia regards depleted Uranium as toxic so are upset with UK.

Col Macgregor says some German metal firm formed in 1380 just declared bankruptcy. No energy or too expensive just as predicted.

German FM Baerbock previously said she would support Ukraine regardless of the people want. Now the 'populist'  Italian president said the same thing

Patrick Lancaster provides yet another video from Donetsk City. More rocket attacks on residential areas. They were Tochka U rockets, not US Himars as he first thought. Other such residential  attacks have used the US high precision Himars; maybe operated by US military or ex military since they are hard to use. I am surprised the US does not tell them to use them only military or mixed use targets.

This has been going on for 8 years. Kiev says they want to drive the Russians off their sacred land.
According to Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk
The original settlement in the south of the European part of the Russian Empire was first mentioned as Aleksandrovka in 1779, during the reign of the Empress Catherine the Great.

https://youtu.be/MTAd63QqUUk
Ballistic Missiles & American Rockets Hammer Donetsk Russia Ukraine Warzone

Sacred land   ::hysterical::   I gots somadat too!   ::laughonfloor::

And there is lots of idiots all-in on the fight over this sacred land...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/03/22/returning-to-neocon-roots-desantis-backtracks-on-his-tucker-carlson-ukraine-position-as-territorial-dispute-now-says-i-think-its-been-mischaracterized-and-putin-is-a-war-criminal/

You are seeing a guy who was wise enough to surf the Trump wave and move FL in a good direction throw it all away...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638606276027359236
H.T-CTH

::hysterical::

DemoCommies, Cucks, Euro's...they're all all-in on Ukraine...

I think it is becoming clear who has the Epstein black book...

As for that depleted uranium and Putin's latest counter-threat...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/03/22/president-putin-together-with-chairman-xi-warn-nato-about-u-k-plan-to-send-depleted-uranium-rounds-to-ukraine/

Depleted uranium is not a big deal, it is not on par with a nuclear device it is an armor penetrator...and Putin's threat likely only means he'll crack open his vast stores of depleted uranium and respond in kind.  Whupty-do.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1406 on: March 23, 2023, 09:48:16 AM »
Also, Victor Orban said he would hold up any entry of Ukraine in EU or NATO  until Ukraine gave ethnic Hungarians equal rights with ethnic Ukrainians. Before that, he objected to ethnic Hungarians being disproportionately conscripted in their region of Ukraine.

In some country, the EU demanded that the Hungarian minority be educated in their mother tongue as this was a human right. I think they were only 5% of pop.

Had doc on Georgian history on. Said the ethnic Georgians go back to pre-history. Bounded on north and south by greater caucuses and lesser caucuses. Abkhasia goes way back also on maps.

The inherent suicidal nature of diversity?   ::whatgives::   ::pokeineye::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1407 on: March 23, 2023, 09:55:15 AM »
OK, this is pretty hilarious...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1408 on: March 23, 2023, 12:33:03 PM »

Ritter at 11 min says depleted uranium have caused spike in birth defects and cancer  where used. If the dust is inhaled US servicemen had health problems. Dust created if the ammo explodes or hits something. Russian stopped using it.

https://youtu.be/KYik0hUCrso?t=673

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1409 on: March 23, 2023, 04:13:59 PM »

There have been competing narratives inside Russia.
1. The west hates the current govt only.
2. The west hates the Russian people.

I can't remember the examples but the west keeps doing things that support #2, which strengthens the Putin govt as it makes the Russian people draw together. Recently the Biden admin decided to deport Russian draft dodgers/asylum seekers back to Russia. A bonehead move IMO, It is one more data point to support #2.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1410 on: March 23, 2023, 05:39:03 PM »
I heard 400K people left Russia over Ukraine war? Is that true?
Putin says, good my political opposition just left.
Draft dodgers are allowed even welcomed to leave. Getting back in may be difficult.

https://youtu.be/g99_PK0Ob9M?t=249
Romania and Moldova Unite? Europe's Newest Nation
5 % pop Gagauzia portion. Turkish Christian Orthodox. Want to be independent if Moldova joins Romania. Held a vote. Prefer Russia. Also Tranistria. Romania is a member of NATO and EU.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1411 on: March 24, 2023, 11:07:00 AM »

Ritter at 11 min says depleted uranium have caused spike in birth defects and cancer  where used. If the dust is inhaled US servicemen had health problems. Dust created if the ammo explodes or hits something. Russian stopped using it.

https://youtu.be/KYik0hUCrso?t=673

Sure, but there is no verifiable documentation to support those claims.  At least none anybody is willing to share.  Lead can be injurious to human health too...don't see exploding diapers over that element...

So, I deem that whole discussion pointless...and if the Rus are pinning their hopes of being held blameless for their use of actually lethal radioactive weapons on the introduction of depleted uranium then I think that is by far and away a bridge too far.

Getting Clintonian in the language...I guess they think "depleted" is as variable in meaning as "is" is...   ::hysterical::
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:12:59 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1412 on: March 24, 2023, 11:08:17 AM »

There have been competing narratives inside Russia.
1. The west hates the current govt only.
2. The west hates the Russian people.

I can't remember the examples but the west keeps doing things that support #2, which strengthens the Putin govt as it makes the Russian people draw together. Recently the Biden admin decided to deport Russian draft dodgers/asylum seekers back to Russia. A bonehead move IMO, It is one more data point to support #2.

Well, I see nothing different from Russian leadership to distinguish enmity of government vs people either, so...

(yawn)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1413 on: March 24, 2023, 11:10:47 AM »
Draft dodgers are allowed even welcomed to leave. Getting back in may be difficult.

5 % pop Gagauzia portion. Turkish Christian Orthodox. Want to be independent if Moldova joins Romania. Held a vote. Prefer Russia. Also Tranistria. Romania is a member of NATO and EU.

Great, more squatters. 

We should be flooding Cuba with Americans, have them declare independence and intervene militarily in a special military operation if necessary to secure their claim.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1414 on: March 24, 2023, 11:15:20 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/well-attack-any-country-tries-arrest-putin-kremlin

Damn, I think it could be exciting to see this play out!

Anyway, Ukraine points out it kinda kills head to head executive negotiations to a peace, so...appears the Euro's did both a favor and the war goes on.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1415 on: March 24, 2023, 12:45:59 PM »

Great, more squatters. 

We should be flooding Cuba with Americans, have them declare independence and intervene militarily in a special military operation if necessary to secure their claim.

You go  first.
Most countries visited by Bald and Bankrupt are more endearing than I thought. Cuba was the biggest exception.
What a sh*thole full of depressed people. His GF smuggled a street kitten out of Cuba in her bra, then into Europe and did not get caught.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1416 on: March 24, 2023, 12:46:35 PM »

I don't have original source.
Hersh says govt sources tell him US might get involved directly in Ukraine if it looks like Kiev is losing and wants to agree to demilitarization. US would say it is NATO.

https://youtu.be/d4dcFDY2-yY

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1417 on: March 26, 2023, 10:33:18 AM »

Great, more squatters. 

You go  first.
Most countries visited by Bald and Bankrupt are more endearing than I thought. Cuba was the biggest exception.
What a sh*thole full of depressed people. His GF smuggled a street kitten out of Cuba in her bra, then into Europe and did not get caught.

I wouldn't mind going...as part of a integrated plan to take that island over...  :D

But I suspect old farts may not be prime candidates...

:P

PS-If it is the same girlfriend I recall...she could damn near smuggle an adult cat in there!   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1418 on: March 26, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »

Hersh says govt sources tell him US might get involved directly in Ukraine if it looks like Kiev is losing and wants to agree to demilitarization. US would say it is NATO.

Umm...

Others have said the same.

Seems now is the time to see if it is BS or wishful thinking...

Aren't the Rus with their fascist Wagner Group in the vanguard in Bakhmut have that fully surrounded and Uke's being slaughtered by the tens of thousands and now Putin is ready to unleash a million troops to finish off the rest of Ukraine?

Seems an answer grows near..

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1419 on: March 26, 2023, 01:00:01 PM »

Umm...

Aren't the Rus with their fascist Wagner Group in the vanguard in Bakhmut have that fully surrounded and Uke's being slaughtered by the tens of thousands and now Putin is ready to unleash a million troops to finish off the rest of Ukraine?

My reaction almost everything predicted is "We shall see. Time will tell."

Ritter that the Russians are very legalistic. Huh? He explained later. He was Russian college major of some sort. Legal does not mean just.
Soviet secret police arrest a person, jail him, get a confession written under torture and threats to family, goes to trial in front of a judge who hears his oral and written confessions, sentences him to the gulag. All the boxes are checked. Russian quirk.

Why not just throw him into the gulag? No legal process.  In Chile you got a one way helicopter rise.

So, fast forward to Ukraine. Negotiations. Appeals from LPR and DPR to invade and/or allow them to join Russia.
Nope. Not legal under international law. So, they declare they are independent counties, RU recognized them, forms a joint defense agreement with them, notices the Kiev forces ready to invade and increased shelling, invokes doctrine of pre-emptive self-defense, and invades.  Some of this international law was created or invoked by US.  All the legal boxes checked. I doubt the US has attacked many without similar legalese.

Prior to the above, how could RU legally send troops into LPR/DPR? Against the RU constitution to send troops into a foreign country.Illegal. What to do? The Wagner group! I am not saying there were zero regular RU military in LPR/DPR. Maybe on leave? Now I think I know one source of the little green men? Started in 2014. Private armies are illegal in RU. Inside RU?????

PS-If it is the same girlfriend I recall...she could damn near smuggle an adult cat in there!   ;D

Yup. Same one. I like em like that. Kitten spent time in his underwear also.

If ever want a complicated example of the mess left behind over there, check out bald and bankrupt visiting Sokh.

Umm...

My reaction almost everything predicted is "We shall see. Time will tell."

Ritter that the Russians are very legalistic. Huh? He explained later. He was Russian college major of some sort. Legal does not mean just.
Soviet secret police arrest a person, jail him, get a confession written under torture and threats to family, goes to trial in front of a judge who hears his oral and written confessions, sentences him to the gulag. All the boxes are checked. Russian quirk.

Why not just throw him into the gulag? No legal process.  In Chile you got a one way helicopter rise.

So, fast forward to Ukraine. Negotiations. Appeals from LPR and DPR to invade and/or allow them to join Russia.
Nope. Not legal under international law. So, they declare they are independent counties, RU recognized them, forms a joint defense agreement with them, notices the Kiev forces ready to invade and increased shelling, invokes doctrine of pre-emptive self-defense, and invades.  Some of this international law was created or invoked by US.  All the legal boxes checked. I doubt the US has attacked many without similar legalese.

Prior to the above, how could RU legally send troops into LPR/DPR? Against the RU constitution to send troops into a foreign country.Illegal. What to do? The Wagner group! I am not saying there were zero regular RU military in LPR/DPR. Maybe on leave? Now I think I know one source of the little green men? Started in 2014. Private armies are illegal in RU. Inside RU?????

Yup. Same one. I like em like that. Kitten spent time in his underwear also.

If you want an example of the mess over there. Sokh.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So%CA%BBx_District
https://www.voanews.com/a/south-central-asia_two-remote-uzbek-exclaves-two-different-paths/6210071.html

The collapse of the Soviet Union left thousands of people living in enclaves — portions of one country surrounded by another. For the residents, this presents unique challenges; merely to visit their own nation’s capital requires them to carry a passport and cross foreign territory.

Uzbekistan, celebrating its 30th anniversary of independence, maintains four exclaves in the heart of Central Asia’s Ferghana Valley. All are within the borders of neighboring Kyrgyzstan. The two largest, Sokh and Shohimardon, are proudly Uzbek. Yet for decades, the government in Tashkent did not invest in them.