Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88342 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1501 on: May 17, 2023, 05:45:50 PM »
New spin on Poland and Baltic states...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/05/seymour-hersh-poland-and-baltic-countries-secretly-urging-zelensky-to-end-war-with-russia-biden-is-receiving-incomplete-information-on-the-conflict-in-the-ukraine/

It appears that The Refugee Effect is in play...

Wish was in play here too!
I heard that polls taken in Europe indicate that most Ukrainian refugees do not want to return.

Biden is senile so I don't much care what gets to him but others high up should be getting accurate info.
WOW
Citing intelligence sources, Hersh states that his desire to take the war to Russia “may not be clear to the [US] president and senior foreign policy aides in the White House, but it is to those in the American intelligence community who have found it difficult to get their intelligence and their assessments a hearing in the Oval Office.”

TASS reported:

“US President Joe Biden is getting incomplete intelligence about the Ukrainian conflict, US investigative journalist Seymour Hersh wrote on his website.

‘I have been told that some of the better intelligence about the war does not reach the president, through no fault of those who prepare the often contrary assessments’, he said.

Biden is said to rely on briefings and other materials prepared by Avril Haines, director of National Intelligence. ‘She has spent much of her career working for Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, whose ties to Biden and agreement with him on matters pertaining to Russia and China go back decades’.”
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1502 on: May 17, 2023, 06:12:44 PM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russia-mulls-severing-ties-poland-us-supplied-himars-deployed-near-kaliningrad

Why would they place the Himars in Poland near Kaliningrad? Wouldn't they ship them into Ukraine? If they launched them from Poland that would ratchet the war up a lot.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1503 on: May 18, 2023, 07:59:17 AM »
I see it as a counter-provocation to stuff like the hot-heads in Moscow talking loosely about nukes being on the response table and deploying them in places like Belarus...and the likely possibility that some of the tactical variety are already in place in Konigsberg makes it an easy choice to deploy them near.

Chess pieces...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1504 on: May 18, 2023, 12:22:40 PM »
Ha, this is hilarious...

Crimean Railways said in a statement that the disaster was caused by "interference from outside persons" - however there was no specific mention of the exact sabotage event in the initial press release, whether a blast or vandalism of the tracks.

::hysterical::

Looks like only the rail operator obediently read the FSB memo!

::laughonfloor::

They will blame "outsiders" even if it was perpetrated by domestic citizens...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1505 on: May 18, 2023, 05:29:56 PM »
Ha, this is hilarious...

Crimean Railways said in a statement that the disaster was caused by "interference from outside persons" - however there was no specific mention of the exact sabotage event in the initial press release, whether a blast or vandalism of the tracks.

My impression is that the Russians officially say very little and when they lie they lie by omission. Some analyst I respect also said they lie by omission and under report bad news. When that big ship sunk they said it was due to a fire on board. True but why was there a fire on board? Getting hit by missiles perhaps?  .

For both Trump and Putin I learned to look for direct quotes.  I kept reading that Putin was threatening to use nukes but almost never found the  direct quotes. Maybe it was never or it had to be inferred. Russian politicians run for office and do say inflammatory things. I heard that the nukes deployed to Belarus are not under control of Belarus. I do know that the US has cruise missiles in Europe that can accept nuclear warheads.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1506 on: May 19, 2023, 08:12:21 AM »
Ha, this is hilarious...

My impression is that the Russians officially say very little and when they lie they lie by omission. Some analyst I respect also said they lie by omission and under report bad news. When that big ship sunk they said it was due to a fire on board. True but why was there a fire on board? Getting hit by missiles perhaps?  .

For both Trump and Putin I learned to look for direct quotes.  I kept reading that Putin was threatening to use nukes but almost never found the  direct quotes. Maybe it was never or it had to be inferred. Russian politicians run for office and do say inflammatory things. I heard that the nukes deployed to Belarus are not under control of Belarus. I do know that the US has cruise missiles in Europe that can accept nuclear warheads.

Also called giving the benefit of the doubt...that is an extension of generosity I cannot accommodate...

As for quotes, swell...by direct you mean you as a first person witness or selective acceptance or rejection of those reporting them?  It opens up quite a quagmire of subjectivity and dismisses the statements of vassals...albeit a far less issue for Trump as a candidate nobody else is speaking for him...while Putin being a leader lets Medvedev, Lavrov, Patrushev et al speak...and their statements have either alluded to using nukes or explicitly saying they are not off the table...I do not dismiss such things, like I do not dismiss other crazies making statements like the Mahdi Death Cult etc...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1507 on: May 19, 2023, 02:26:41 PM »
Also called giving the benefit of the doubt...that is an extension of generosity I cannot accommodate...

As for quotes, swell...by direct you mean you as a first person witness or selective acceptance or rejection of those reporting them?  It opens up quite a quagmire of subjectivity and dismisses the statements of vassals...albeit a far less issue for Trump as a candidate nobody else is speaking for him...while Putin being a leader lets Medvedev, Lavrov, Patrushev et al speak...and their statements have either alluded to using nukes or explicitly saying they are not off the table...I do not dismiss such things, like I do not dismiss other crazies making statements like the Mahdi Death Cult etc...

Usually a news story is based on a transcript or a video clip. I look for a direct quote based on those. The MSM will often interpret those for their reporting but usually will not fabricate or change direct quotes.
Putin and Lavrov chose their words carefully. Not sure about the other guys.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1508 on: May 19, 2023, 03:12:03 PM »

Zelensky seems to be avoiding Ukraine. Hmmmm.
From some news on youtube, there may be depleted uranium particles around the ammo dump explosion from the Russian strike. It may be aloft pretty high up. Some good reporting would be nice.  The DU has 40% less radioactivity.    It emits alpha particles which can be stopped by a sheet of paper as I recall. If you inhale it or ingest it it will punch into tissue and do harm. If it gets into the soil in Ukraine then what? Is it taken up into food?

If used, they were always going to get into the soil in Ukraine as the rounds hit things.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1509 on: May 19, 2023, 03:47:46 PM »

Nothing surprising here. According to RT.

https://www.rt.com/news/576523-moldova-corruption-sandu-investment/
 Leaked ‘prank’ calls expose top-level corruption in Moldova
Recordings published by The Grayzone show that greasing the wheels with President Maia Sandu and her party is essential for doing business in Chisinau

Moldova borders Ukraine on three sides, and Sandu’s leading political rival – Igor Dodon – supports closer relations with Russia. With Dodon less than a point behind Sandu in opinion polls, the EU deployed a mission to Moldova last month aimed at countering “Russian attempts to destabilize Moldova,” while the US has apparently taken direct control of Sandu’s government.

“Moldova is governed by the US ambassador here,”  former Justice Minister Stanislav Pavlovschi said. “He is practically governing Moldova at this particular stage. You have hundreds of EU consultants working for each and every ministry here in Moldova. So it is under very, very strict control on the part of the EU.”

The system functions “absolutely perfectly,” he said, “because everybody loves money.”

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1510 on: May 22, 2023, 07:54:43 AM »
LOL, so they say...

And I am sure the Rus are stand up straight players not trying to influence in anyway possible...

But hey whatever contributes to a greater war front has to be good, all parties at least agree on that...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1511 on: May 22, 2023, 08:32:49 AM »
Interesting, but dismiss the "knowledgeable American official" blather...just more unattributed crap...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/seymour-hersh-something-else-cooking-ukraine

...the neighbors wanting this to end and refugee situation over is confirmed by other statements these past months from a host of quarters...

...the Z-centric crap IMO reeks of distraction...

...especially considering the fact that if either US or Russia or a handful of other nations wanted that globe-trotting shakedown clown dead...it would not be that hard to achieve.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1512 on: May 22, 2023, 11:31:22 AM »
Interesting, but dismiss the "knowledgeable American official" blather...just more unattributed crap...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/seymour-hersh-something-else-cooking-ukraine

...the neighbors wanting this to end and refugee situation over is confirmed by other statements these past months from a host of quarters...

...the Z-centric crap IMO reeks of distraction...

...especially considering the fact that if either US or Russia or a handful of other nations wanted that globe-trotting shakedown clown dead...it would not be that hard to achieve.

I skimmed the whole article. What a mess. In short, some countries want this over and Zelensky does not want to get killed in Ukraine. I notice that he has not been in Ukraine much lately. Zelensky scheduled meeting with Lula at G7 then failed to show up. Alex gives humorous interpretation at 16:45.

https://youtu.be/MsIPFudMCTo?t=891

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1513 on: May 22, 2023, 03:45:19 PM »

I previously heard that former MIG pilots had been trained to fly F-16s in the US in the past. It did not work out so well because they had to unlearn habits in addition to learning the new ones.

I heard a related interesting story to support this. There was that Aloha airlines plane that had the top blow off. Some pilot said that the pilot was former USAF pilot. When that happened he reached up to pull down the ejection mechanism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1514 on: May 25, 2023, 08:59:58 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/growing-list-countries-ready-join-f-16s-ukraine-program

Whatever...

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/americas-largest-aircraft-carrier-docks-norway-joint-drills

That also is not worth even a mild concern...

This, however is incredibly disturbing -

H/T-WRSA@GAB

Literally almost anybody else saying this would generate a yawn...but this DeepState shill who is wrong on EVERYTHING?

Now, I am concerned.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1515 on: May 25, 2023, 12:58:06 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/military/watch-russian-warship-thwarts-attack-ukrainian-drone-boats-turkey

High rate of speed...

Yeah...sure...and they let one tickle them before responding?

Color me very unimpressed.

Moving on...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukrainian-intelligence-says-its-trying-kill-putin

That's nice, and the calling him bunkered up is cute...but chances are you'll never get close to him...your go however, no matter how many decoys are deployed, seems so much vulnerable because all of that fund-raising has to be done in-person not just on a conference call or thru a dummy...is more vulnerable.

Plus, hasten the day Putin is out of the picture...and you'll hasten the day you get a foaming-mouth hothead like Patrushev to make your nation a crater and possibly making the entire Earth a charred cinder...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1516 on: May 25, 2023, 02:24:04 PM »

Putin is regarded as an overly legalistic, partly westernized, wus by most Russians. Kill him and find out what happens next. Eff around and find out.

Why is Zelensky avoiding Ukraine? I heard two theories. Internal intrigue means regime change from within. Or .... The attack on the Kremlin means that Putin's promise not to kill Zelensky is off the table. Moscow told some Israeli ambassador that they would not kill Zelensky long ago. Then Zelensky came out of hiding.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1517 on: May 25, 2023, 02:41:16 PM »
Alex Christoforou was on. He said that the attack on the Russian ship guarding the Turkstream pipeline massively pissed off Erdogan. 

Zelensky recently gave the  Pope some strange piece of art with Jesus blacked out.  He also made some off key remark about Hiroshima in Japan. He seems to have a tin ear for diplomacy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1518 on: May 26, 2023, 08:01:48 AM »
IMO most diplomats are professional liars and beholden to one cabal or another more so than their nation and its people...

So...louts and liars, oh my...

It's why Trump was so successful, he could cut through BS and actually secure agreements...

You don't have to be slick, you don't have to be clever or duplicitous...you just have to be straightforward, clear and focused.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1519 on: May 26, 2023, 08:36:55 AM »
Latest news on the war front...

Rus Tac-Nukes in Belarus - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/lukashenko-confirms-russian-tactical-nukes-already-being-transferred-belarus

Whoever tosses first will blame the other for starting it and whoever tosses first will say the other mean guy made me do it...in the end the dead, dying and surviving will blame both...