Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88112 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1540 on: June 08, 2023, 10:29:00 AM »
I heard the Rus are wrapping this up in 24 hours...but that was yesterday...is the game still on?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1541 on: June 08, 2023, 11:06:12 AM »
 I did not hear that. Wrap what up?

I often have Roku on in background, youtube played like talk radio. Weeks ago the MSM said Kiev was winning. Now talk leaked of a "frozen conflict."  I assume this is leaked from US govt sources.

The Duran talks of the July  NATO meeting. Polish govt wants to escalate? Polish people not so much.

I hear a lot and just wonder what to believe. The Duran suspects the US slow walking NATO countries into the conflict as they know Kiev is being ground down.  IMO they are running out of arms, ammo, men and some in DC and Kiev have accurate info and are panicking.

The US slow walked into Vietnam. Just some advisers, then ..... US hawks running Vietnam war were mostly sane but neocons running the Ukraine war are insane ideologues.

Col. Macgregor was on yesterday, and today. He has a very negative, quantitative view of the capabilities of US and NATO land armies. Ukraine did have a very good army at the start. I heard that around 50 Kiev tanks were lost in the past few days. 300 tanks were sent in the past months.

Alexander of Duran reads neocon publications. They assume limitless US power. US can do whatever it wants. Not just a moral statement but refusal to acknowledge any limits on what the US can do. There is no reality.

During Vietnam war Sy Hersh wrote for NYT now NYT is pro war and Hersh has to write on substack!
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1542 on: June 08, 2023, 11:11:36 AM »

German Baerbock was in Latin America. She complained there that they cared too much about the high price of food and not enough about Ukraine!? How to win friends and influence people. /s

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1543 on: June 08, 2023, 11:33:56 AM »
Wrap up the war...

Guess not, the offensive is not repulsed as previously declared by Russia...it's intensifying...

Shoigu says the Red Army is once again repulsing the nazi's...

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/ukraines-military-says-counteroffensive-has-begun-intensified-fighting-confirmed

Whew, that was close...thought this thread was going to get tied off in a neat tidy bow...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1544 on: June 09, 2023, 12:26:13 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/confirmed-russians-just-destroyed-their-first-ukrainian-leopard-2-tank-bradley

Uke's are poorly led, have crap for battlefield intelligence and inexperienced/barely-trianed crews...

It's the people, not the machinery...

They might want to address those three elements before rolling in the good stuff...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1545 on: June 09, 2023, 02:39:02 PM »
Brian Berletic has been ranting for a long time about the poor training of the Kiev troops, especially tankers and NCOs. He says it takes years to make good ones for both and most of Kiev's are dead. The original Kiev troops were very well trained but now they have very shortened training in places like UK.

He had just basic training plus combat training in the Marines and did not think much of his abilities after that. He often bases his opinions on US DOD documents and standards.

There was a post making the rounds a while back, from a US Iraq war tanker vet. He said in tank on tank combat the first to fire usually won and US was first to fire. Maybe he was wrong, but he said if the US troops and Iraqis traded tanks the US would still win thanks to their training.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1546 on: June 09, 2023, 02:40:55 PM »
Here are some posts from 2022 where Kiev boasts of the damage done to the dam/powerplant. Some recently deleted?

Boasting of hitting the floodgates
https://t.me/heilukraine1959/5385

https://t.me/heilukraine1959/5386
https://t.me/heilukraine1959/5387
https://t.me/heilukraine1959/5388
https://t.me/heilukraine1959/5389

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1547 on: June 09, 2023, 02:47:00 PM »

Lara Logan goes on a 2 min rant apparently on a TV news show. About a lot of things. 1 min about Ukraine then about globalism etc. The CIA protected Ukrainian NAZIs from the Nurenberg trials? I heard that the CIA backed Ukrainian NAZIs to weaken the USSR from 1946 to 53 so I guess that makes sense.
https://t.me/c/1578110110/5146

Here is the longer version, from 1 year ago.8 min.

https://youtu.be/XoFDJoop8-Q

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1548 on: June 09, 2023, 06:44:04 PM »
I sometimes have Col. Douglas Macgregor on, mostly for Ukraine analysis. He used to be a tank commander, then higher up in Iraq war. He wrote 5 books on military stuff. He knows a lot about history and geography. He must have read a lot. He lived in Germany as an exchange student and later in NATO/army.

He often says that US is a naval and maritime power but is not a major land army power.  He is extremely dismissive of NATO competence, going country by country. He is very negative when asked about US involvement in Ukraine. He said the US could do well in such a war, as long as it only lasted one week when we run out of ammo.

He always analyzes things as though each country acts in its own interests or should. Germany is committing suicide so ...

https://www.youtube.com/@DouglasMacgregorStraightCalls

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1549 on: June 10, 2023, 06:41:20 PM »

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/anatomy-of-a-nato-planned-trained
In short, mine plows cleared a path through the RU mine fields by shoving aside any mines. A column follows the cleared path. A ka-52 alligator takes out the lead vehicle. The following vehicles drive around the wrecked vehicle and over the plowed aside mines.

thedreizinreport.com/2023/06/10/200-billion-question/
Dreizin has LOTS of video links AND this
thedreizinreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Elite.mp3
In short, this 47th brigade was the best and had the best equipment and used in the counter-offensive.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1550 on: June 12, 2023, 07:54:23 AM »
Brian Berletic has been ranting for a long time about the poor training of the Kiev troops, especially tankers and NCOs. He says it takes years to make good ones for both and most of Kiev's are dead. The original Kiev troops were very well trained but now they have very shortened training in places like UK.

He had just basic training plus combat training in the Marines and did not think much of his abilities after that. He often bases his opinions on US DOD documents and standards.

There was a post making the rounds a while back, from a US Iraq war tanker vet. He said in tank on tank combat the first to fire usually won and US was first to fire. Maybe he was wrong, but he said if the US troops and Iraqis traded tanks the US would still win thanks to their training.

Tanks no different than soldiers...the training is to make the unfamiliar known and the unknown less unknown...and the latter is achieved with the former along with managing fear...there is a lot of effort into developing the psyche...and like a soldier or pilot or a tank crew...first to make sight of the enemy and get an accurate shot off will win the engagement...and when crap goes off plan, that's where your training is judged to be successful or inadequate.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1551 on: June 12, 2023, 07:57:42 AM »

Lara Logan goes on a 2 min rant apparently on a TV news show. About a lot of things. 1 min about Ukraine then about globalism etc. The CIA protected Ukrainian NAZIs from the Nurenberg trials? I heard that the CIA backed Ukrainian NAZIs to weaken the USSR from 1946 to 53 so I guess that makes sense.
https://t.me/c/1578110110/5146

Here is the longer version, from 1 year ago.8 min.

https://youtu.be/XoFDJoop8-Q

Soviets and Americans all scrambled to get their favorite nazi's with requisite skill sets under their wings...

Aggregate for the cold war cement...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1552 on: June 12, 2023, 08:12:10 AM »
I sometimes have Col. Douglas Macgregor on, mostly for Ukraine analysis. He used to be a tank commander, then higher up in Iraq war. He wrote 5 books on military stuff. He knows a lot about history and geography. He must have read a lot. He lived in Germany as an exchange student and later in NATO/army.

He often says that US is a naval and maritime power but is not a major land army power.  He is extremely dismissive of NATO competence, going country by country. He is very negative when asked about US involvement in Ukraine. He said the US could do well in such a war, as long as it only lasted one week when we run out of ammo.

He always analyzes things as though each country acts in its own interests or should. Germany is committing suicide so ...

Well, part of this is obvious...any coalition is only as good as the members in it, from political leadership to military leadership, military training & equipment etc etc...this is not WWII...Ike is not in charge...the coalition doesn't even have the cohesion of the cold war era...

The other parts...

Yes, the US is naval and air power, we've never had huge land armies like the Chinese, even the Russians are down-scaled drastically from WWII levels and even from cold war levels...the US focus had always been on training so fewer can do more...

As for Ukraine I cannot dismiss the belief that his opposition to facing off against China in the Pacific is not coloring some of his opinions on Ukraine...I think he thinks he needs to link the two continuously to justify his opinions and I wonder if he knows what he is doing and if he is OK with people thinking him foolishly ignorant of the Communist Chinese threat...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1553 on: June 12, 2023, 08:15:38 AM »

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/anatomy-of-a-nato-planned-trained
In short, mine plows cleared a path through the RU mine fields by shoving aside any mines. A column follows the cleared path. A ka-52 alligator takes out the lead vehicle. The following vehicles drive around the wrecked vehicle and over the plowed aside mines.

thedreizinreport.com/2023/06/10/200-billion-question/
Dreizin has LOTS of video links AND this
thedreizinreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Elite.mp3
In short, this 47th brigade was the best and had the best equipment and used in the counter-offensive.

Like I said...

Uke's are poorly led, have crap for battlefield intelligence and inexperienced/barely-trianed crews...

It's the people, not the machinery...

They might want to address those three elements before rolling in the good stuff...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1554 on: June 12, 2023, 02:36:39 PM »

Well, part of this is obvious...any coalition is only as good as the members in it, from political leadership to military leadership, military training & equipment etc etc...this is not WWII...Ike is not in charge...the coalition doesn't even have the cohesion of the cold war era...

The other parts...

Yes, the US is naval and air power, we've never had huge land armies like the Chinese, even the Russians are down-scaled drastically from WWII levels and even from cold war levels...the US focus had always been on training so fewer can do more...

As for Ukraine I cannot dismiss the belief that his opposition to facing off against China in the Pacific is not coloring some of his opinions on Ukraine...I think he thinks he needs to link the two continuously to justify his opinions and I wonder if he knows what he is doing and if he is OK with people thinking him foolishly ignorant of the Communist Chinese threat...
I think Macgregor believes the US is at a huge disadvantage re China or soon will be.
I fear US carriers at the bottom of the ocean. Macgregor has tank experience. Scott Ritter has lower level Marine Corps artillery  and "maneuver warfare" experience. Both say NATO has very little such experience. Ritter talked of "passage of lines" or some such that has to be practiced. He said US Marines were the best at such but even then they turned such maneuvers into traffic jams on occasion. He said NATO has no such training or ability.

Some said even the roads and bridges in EU could not handle NATO involvement.
Decades ago I read that the German and other countries had incompetent militaries that had turned into social welfare full employment organizations. I thought of fat cops in a donut shop. Years ago, maybe under Ursula, there was some drills involving armor. The armor had gun barrels sticking out but they were not available so they painted dowels black. This is where the "broomsticks for rifles" story came from, I think. In recent years an audit showed a shocking percent of equipment did not work in Germany.

Years ago I read my only book on tactics, The Art of War in the Western World." From Greek hoplites to the IDF.  Until then I had no idea there were tactics. I think people like Macgregor look at warfare in a different way, as what works or is likely to work and how he would plan it.

I have such varied and mixed views on China. Officers buy their positions? I hear that Chinese do not put warriors in a position of honor as they do not trust them.  Countries on their borders are wary of them. IMO they are a nation of merchants, traders, and hustlers who want to make money. They fear US subs blocking sea routes, hence belt and road.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1555 on: June 12, 2023, 03:07:21 PM »
The people in Crime want no part of Ukraine. This after threats and seeing how Russians are treated elsewhere. I think they voted 95% to rejoin Russia. I recall Sevastopol has been home to the Black Sea fleet since Catherine the Great.

Are these people sociopaths, psychopaths, or both? See below. Ya think this goes on Russia TV? How about Taiwan TV?

https://twitter.com/OSINTNic/status/1667798180786741248

The Ukrainian armed forces are ready to kill or capture all Russians in Crimea, said former U.S. Army Commander-in-Chief Ben Hodges

"The Ukrainians' strategic goal is to retake Crimea, and if they can do that by withdrawing the Russians without firing a single shot, so much the better. But if they have to kill or capture every Russian on the peninsula, they will do it.

on edit
https://t.me/Slavyangrad/50316
InfoDefense (https://t.me/infodefENGLAND/8507):

Comment: Russians make up about 80% of the peninsula population of 2 million. Does Ben Hodges suggest killing 1.6 million people? It would look like genocide.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1556 on: June 12, 2023, 10:46:16 PM »

These are the people Ben Hodges wants to kill or drive out of Crimea. Russians have been there hundreds of years. It is almost beyond belief.

https://youtu.be/h9RwYPsVpfM
Anthem of Russia, Crimea 2015 [Eng Sub]

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1557 on: June 13, 2023, 08:09:46 AM »
Well, England held large swaths of the planet for hundreds of years too...

Maybe people should give them their possessions back too...

It's power that rules...

And its people who cannot forgive sins of the past that ups the carnage to genocidal levels...nothing new there...

Wait till sh*t hit the fan here...it will make the collapse of Yugoslavia look like a picnic...

It's happy fun time for latter day Earth...get in the spirit!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1558 on: June 13, 2023, 08:13:51 AM »

The other parts...

I think Macgregor believes the US is at a huge disadvantage re China or soon will be.
I fear US carriers at the bottom of the ocean. Macgregor has tank experience. Scott Ritter has lower level Marine Corps artillery  and "maneuver warfare" experience. Both say NATO has very little such experience. Ritter talked of "passage of lines" or some such that has to be practiced. He said US Marines were the best at such but even then they turned such maneuvers into traffic jams on occasion. He said NATO has no such training or ability.

Some said even the roads and bridges in EU could not handle NATO involvement.
Decades ago I read that the German and other countries had incompetent militaries that had turned into social welfare full employment organizations. I thought of fat cops in a donut shop. Years ago, maybe under Ursula, there was some drills involving armor. The armor had gun barrels sticking out but they were not available so they painted dowels black. This is where the "broomsticks for rifles" story came from, I think. In recent years an audit showed a shocking percent of equipment did not work in Germany.

Years ago I read my only book on tactics, The Art of War in the Western World." From Greek hoplites to the IDF.  Until then I had no idea there were tactics. I think people like Macgregor look at warfare in a different way, as what works or is likely to work and how he would plan it.

I have such varied and mixed views on China. Officers buy their positions? I hear that Chinese do not put warriors in a position of honor as they do not trust them.  Countries on their borders are wary of them. IMO they are a nation of merchants, traders, and hustlers who want to make money. They fear US subs blocking sea routes, hence belt and road.

I still say Macgregor is letting Ukraine contamination color his view of China and Taiwan...anybody not recognizing Communist China (not Russia!)  as the preeminent threat nominal liberty has to face from a nation state perspective IMO has lost their senses.  Maybe he thinks the Mahdi Death Cult are not the preeminent terror threat in the world too, maybe he thinks they're reasonable people with reasonable demands and we should all accommodate them...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1559 on: June 13, 2023, 08:37:44 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjzk4w3xHs&t=279s

Death Drones.. 

Gen-Z's PTSD  Heh!