Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88107 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1860 on: February 01, 2024, 01:04:58 PM »

Russophrenia: When a person simultaneously believes Russia is about to collapse and take over the world.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1861 on: February 01, 2024, 02:43:26 PM »

Russophrenia: When a person simultaneously believes Russia is about to collapse and take over the world.

Somebody coin that?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1862 on: February 01, 2024, 04:20:43 PM »

Somebody coin that?

It is from a book I just read by andrei martyanov. Wikipedia says it is from Bryan MacDonald.
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Russophrenia
i have heard it called Schrodinger's Russia also after Schrodinger's cat.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1863 on: February 02, 2024, 08:21:56 AM »

Somebody coin that?

It is from a book I just read by andrei martyanov. Wikipedia says it is from Bryan MacDonald.
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Russophrenia
i have heard it called Schrodinger's Russia also after Schrodinger's cat.

It seemed familiar.  I know Putin likes to lob the Russophobia epithet Westward...and I've used Russophile for Putin fanboys...Russophrenia seemed familiar.

And, looks like the MacDonald attribution is correct, others have used it -

https://www.azerbaycan24.com/en/mi6-head-reveals-that-russophrenia-stricken-uk-defense-chiefs-think-russia-is-both-a-declining-power-and-their-number-one-rival/

And it appears it may be a bit truncated...any nation facing internal and external struggles could certainly be legitimately generating concern if conquest is seen as a possible option to solve their problems, that is nothing new on Earth...attaching it to just one nation may not be entirely fair...

In its present truncated and specific to Russia nature it seems to be primarily used now as a means of ridiculing those fearing Russia.  I think every nation with nukes and large conventional forces and facing internal and external challenges should be carefully obnserved...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1864 on: February 02, 2024, 09:19:08 AM »
The problem that is apparently stumping British military brass and political leaders is their ever dwindling recruitment numbers.  They just can't seem to fathom why no one wants to fight for them.

The problem that is apparently stumping British military brass and political leaders is their ever dwindling recruitment numbers.  They just can't seem to fathom why no one wants to fight for them.

I say go for it, see what happens...might be the thing to really get folks there and perhaps elsewhere to open their damn eyes...

::popcorn::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1865 on: February 04, 2024, 03:18:06 PM »

I say go for it, see what happens...might be the thing to really get folks there and perhaps elsewhere to open their damn eyes...

::popcorn::

Some UK brass have been recently chest thumping and calling for war against Russia. There is a meme where Putin says "Go ahead. You can't even stop people in rubber boats."

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1866 on: February 04, 2024, 05:11:49 PM »

Some were convicted of providing information to the enemy. Some for saying the wrong things or trying to visit Crimea or helping with the referendum. I recall even voting was a crime and any school teachers who kept teaching after Russians came are in huge trouble.
Why is the Guardian publishing this now?

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/46652
??Ukraine’s SBU security service says it has opened more than 8,100 criminal proceedings “related to collaboration and aiding and abetting the aggressor state” and Ukrainians convicted on these counts are only held in certain prisons, where they are kept away from other inmates. The Guardian was granted rare access to two such prisons.

- They tattooed the word “Orc” – a pejorative term for Russian soldiers widely used in Ukraine – on his forehead.

- Many of those the Guardian interviewed insisted their innocent activity had been misinterpreted and they had then been pressured into signing confessions.

- Holomb admitted her guilt, she said, because she felt she had no choice. She was sentenced to 15 years in prison. She is currently with her two-year-old daughter in prison, but after her third birthday the child will be taken away. “Everyone was in shock at the sentence. My mum hired a lawyer, we filed an appeal but it was too late,” she said.

- Kostiantyn Vanin, a 34-year-old geography and physics teacher from Sloviansk, was detained driving across the frontline near Bakhmut, he said because he wanted to reach friends in Crimea. He said life is “more peaceful and more stable” on the other side, but claimed he had not shared any information about Ukrainian army positions. He admitted guilt under pressure, he said.

- My parents raised me to fight fascism, and here there is fascism,” said 57-year-old Yuri Tsybulsky, from Bakhmut, who was given a 13-year sentence for treason. He admitted sharing information about Ukrainian troop movements.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/02/jailed-as-collaborators-the-stories-of-ukrainians-who-ended-up-in-prison

Jailed as collaborators: the stories of Ukrainians who ended up in prison
Fri 2 Feb 2024 03.00 EST
 In other cases, such as a woman jailed for five years for providing logistical assistance during Russia’s fake referendum in Kherson region,
Kostiantyn Vanin, a 34-year-old geography and physics teacher from Sloviansk, was detained driving across the frontline near Bakhmut, he said because he wanted to reach friends in Crimea. He said life is “more peaceful and more stable” on the other side, but claimed he had not shared any information about Ukrainian army positions. He admitted guilt under pressure, he said.
The 47-year-old, currently one year into a five-year sentence, had stayed behind in the settlement of Novooleksandrivka in Kherson region when the Russians occupied it quickly after the start of full-scale war to take care of her mother-in-law, who is immobile. At the end of September 2022, the Russians held a fake referendum in Kherson region in order to proclaim it part of Russia. Kuzmych was offered a modest payment for helping with the organisation. “We had no money, so I agreed to carry a ballot box, just one box on one street, that was it,” she claimed.

A week later, the Ukrainian army liberated the town. Russia’s senior local helpers fled but Kuzmych and other low-level auxiliaries stayed behind. They thought they had done nothing wrong, and anyway did not want to go to Russia. A few weeks later, Kuzmych was arrested along with three other women, including the director of the local cemetery, and charged with aiding in an illegal referendum.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1867 on: February 04, 2024, 09:01:06 PM »

I found this again. MSNBC sent some reporter to Crimea to ask people on thee street questions on camera.
Kiev put him on their kill list.
https://youtu.be/xkJKDTFqx68

Here is a link to the German TV ZDF. YT has a eng transcript at right. In olden times the USSR controlled the press tightly. Now RU lets reporters wander around and Kiev gets butt hurt over it.

https://youtu.be/Mi9mn32w4Pg

🤯 Scandal! German journalists SHOCK with Mariupol footage / MFA has RESPONDED.
24 ?????

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1868 on: February 05, 2024, 08:43:45 AM »
Umm...if Crimea is under Russian control probably people on the street are Russian/Russian sympathizers?

Contrast that with war protestors in Russia...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1869 on: February 05, 2024, 08:47:27 AM »
In other news...Ukraine reaching higher value targets 600km away now...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-drone-strike-damages-volgograd-oil-refinery-deep-russian-territory

...starting to get real now.  And without negotiations to end it it can only increase, yes?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1870 on: February 05, 2024, 01:16:57 PM »
Umm...if Crimea is under Russian control probably people on the street are Russian/Russian sympathizers?

Contrast that with war protestors in Russia...

There is massive support for Russia according to the referendums and even western polls. Kiev has passed laws stating the nasty things they will do to collaborators 'once' they take over. There is very little support for any Kiev govt take  over. US Gen Hodges said that all Russians in Crimea should be killed  or driven out. Hardly a way to win friends and influence people. Russians have been there hundreds of years.

I recall in some 2013 US AID poll, 15% of people in Crimea ID as Ukrainian.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1871 on: February 05, 2024, 01:20:41 PM »
In other news...Ukraine reaching higher value targets 600km away now...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-drone-strike-damages-volgograd-oil-refinery-deep-russian-territory

...starting to get real now.  And without negotiations to end it it can only increase, yes?

600 km? Likely NATO weapons controlled by NATO operators using NATO intelligence. I am waiting for the Houthis or Iran to sink US/UK warships using Russian weapons.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1872 on: February 05, 2024, 02:05:45 PM »

Are they kidding? Psychos.
https://t.me/iEarlGreyTV/9023

Britain proposed sending a NATO expeditionary force to Ukraine.

Great Britain has invited NATO allies to consider sending an expeditionary force of the alliance to Ukraine, an informed source told RIA Novosti.
“In connection with the unfavorable developments for Kiev in the Ukrainian theater of military operations (theater of operations), Britain invited NATO allies to consider sending an expeditionary force of the alliance to Ukraine, as well as establishing a no-fly zone over the territory controlled by the Kiev authorities, and increasing the supply of weapons and equipment to the Ukrainian Armed Forces ", said the agency's interlocutor.

At the same time, according to him, London understands that the majority of member countries of the bloc are now unlikely to support such measures.

Nevertheless, the British side expects that with a significant weakening of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the successful advance of the Russian army deep into the territory of the former Soviet republic, the allies will approve the initiative, the source noted.
He clarified that the kingdom proposes to secretly transfer large highly maneuverable NATO forces to Ukraine from the border regions of Romania and Poland to occupy defensive lines along the right bank of the Dnieper.
A preventive strike by the Armed Forces of Moldova and Romania on Transnistria is also not excluded,” the agency’s interlocutor added.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1873 on: February 05, 2024, 02:12:22 PM »

I am not current on this soap opera. I read that if Zal is sacked Ukr will have to sack many senior officers loyal to him.

https://t.me/iEarlGreyTV/9033
Ukraine is at an impasse: Biden reluctantly agreed with the resignation of Zaluzhny

The Washington Post: Biden was informed of Zelensky's decision to dismiss Zaluzhny.

Looks like the decision was made in the end. Zelensky should appoint Himmler... I mean... Budanov! Yea, that's the guy.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1874 on: February 05, 2024, 03:00:17 PM »
A Himars was used. I recall the US said only military targets would be hit using himars and US would e involved in target selection. . I also heard that NATO/US are the likely operators as the himars require a lot of training to operate. Not near the front. Not a military site.

I heard that other than hatred, Kiev hopes to goad RU into replying in kind to elicit sympathy for Kiev and to show what monsters RU  is. The bakery footage will not likely be shown in the western MSM. RU could vaporize a city block in downtown Kiev but Putin has refused despite public pressure.

https://www.rt.com/russia/591910-ukrainian-bakery-strike-justification/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS
 Ukrainian official tries to justify the killing of 28 civilians in Russian bakery
Petr Andryuschenko called the strike “heavenly punishment,” insisting it was legitimate because it claimed the life of Lugansk’s emergencies minister
Moscow has denounced Kiev for the “terrorist attack.” However, former aide to the mayor of Mariupol Petr Andryuschenko (who fled the city in early 2022 following the outbreak of conflict) has suggested that the death of the regional minister in the attack legitimized the murder of 27 others.

Mariupol, located in the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR), was liberated by Russian forces early in the ongoing conflict.

“At the end of the week, late in the evening, heavenly punishment visited Lisichansk in a restaurant near a bakery, where the top collaborators  had already celebrated two birthdays,” Andryuschenko wrote on Telegram, claiming that only the restaurant was destroyed, while the bakery itself remained “intact.”

It was not immediately clear where he’d come by his information, given that the bakery and the restaurant were effectively a single establishment, located in the same building. Its structure ended up heavily damaged in the Ukrainian strike, partially collapsing and burying dozens of civilians under the rubble.

Additionally, the strike did not exactly happen “late in the evening” as Andryuschenko claimed, but occurred shortly after 5pm local time.
Death toll rises to 28 from Ukrainian strike on bakery READ MORE: Death toll rises to 28 from Ukrainian strike on bakery

The official also urged the Ukrainian side to brag about such attacks in the future, arguing that Kiev should have released the news of the strike first, while describing the bakery as an “assembly point” of “collaborators.” Early information releases, according to the former aide, deprive Russia of the “information field advantage.”

US ex pat Patrick Lancaster goes to the site with video camera and interviews locals.
https://youtu.be/AZKeqH3fkfw
 Ukraine War Bakery Massacre: 28 Killed In Lysychansk (Special Report)
Patrick Lancaster
571K subscribers

Feb 5, 2024  #Russia #Ukraine
The Ukrainian Massacre at a busy bakery in Russian controlled frontline city of Lysychansk,  where Ukraine fired a purportedly USA supplied HIMARs Rocket, killed 28 civilians and injured 10 more. One of those killed was The head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the LPR, Alexey Poteleshchenko. This attack took place on Saturday February 3rd. In the Special Report We speak to the Director of the main hospital in Lugansk about what situation the injured are in now, talk to one of the injured, look in on the several injured that are in serious condition, show you the aftermath of the attack including the emergency worker pulling bodies and injured from underneath the rubble and talk to the locals who all say that the area was just a civilian area where no military forces are.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1875 on: February 06, 2024, 08:11:21 AM »
Yah, boo hoo.  Read that earlier...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-shells-bakery-us-weapons-kills-28

"terroist attack"

Uhh huh, we'll y'all support terror committed by your pals Iran, your pals China & North Korea too...Mr. Pot!

::smallestviolin::

I would rather parade this news in Congress - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/waste-day-over-1-billion-weapons-missing-ukraine

Waste of fricken money and resources...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1876 on: February 06, 2024, 12:55:39 PM »

The pentagon has failed every audit in recent history. The Ukr weapons are no exception. Just added fraud.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1877 on: February 06, 2024, 02:15:20 PM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-shells-bakery-us-weapons-kills-28

"terroist attack"

Uhh huh, we'll y'all support terror committed by your pals Iran, your pals China & North Korea too...Mr. Pot!

I would rather parade this news in Congress - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/waste-day-over-1-billion-weapons-missing-ukraine

The Kiev faction seems very vile to me based on what they say and do, not based on RU propaganda. Here they said they knew the guy had celebrated his previous two birthdays at the bakery so they blew the place up this birthday. Kiev uses the word "collaborator" usually referring to civilian employees of the govt in RU controlled areas.  Here the guy was the head of some emergency response agency.

It might be more accurate to say RU protected areas as they had elections to elect local officials, not people from outside the areas.

I read laws and posts from Kiev govt about how they would punish such people with prison or labor gangs when they retook land. They especially want to punish school teachers. Voting is a criminal offense. I recall some mid level Kiev govt MD who said RU POWs should be castrated at they were cockroaches,not humans. He walked it back a couple days later.

Did you read where the north in the US civil war said they would imprison southern school teachers? Me neither.

Kiev knows most in the US are so ignorant they think Crimea is full of Ukrainians speaking Ukrainian who are occupied and oppressed  by Russians. They go nuts when a single MSNBC reporter asks questions of people in Crimea. They will go nuts over Tucker. US version of Ukr war is so fragile it will be hit hard by an interview of Putin. I read they previously put Tucker on their kill list but took him off real quick.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1878 on: February 06, 2024, 03:06:22 PM »

https://t.me/myLordBebo/22097
“The EU is actively working to train Ukrainian police forces to “restore order” in the territories that Kiev intends to seize”

— Borrell

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1879 on: February 07, 2024, 08:25:38 AM »

"terroist attack"

The Kiev faction seems very vile to me based on what they say and do, not based on RU propaganda. Here they said they knew the guy had celebrated his previous two birthdays at the bakery so they blew the place up this birthday. Kiev uses the word "collaborator" usually referring to civilian employees of the govt in RU controlled areas.  Here the guy was the head of some emergency response agency.

It might be more accurate to say RU protected areas as they had elections to elect local officials, not people from outside the areas.

I read laws and posts from Kiev govt about how they would punish such people with prison or labor gangs when they retook land. They especially want to punish school teachers. Voting is a criminal offense. I recall some mid level Kiev govt MD who said RU POWs should be castrated at they were cockroaches,not humans. He walked it back a couple days later.

Did you read where the north in the US civil war said they would imprison southern school teachers? Me neither.

Kiev knows most in the US are so ignorant they think Crimea is full of Ukrainians speaking Ukrainian who are occupied and oppressed  by Russians. They go nuts when a single MSNBC reporter asks questions of people in Crimea. They will go nuts over Tucker. US version of Ukr war is so fragile it will be hit hard by an interview of Putin. I read they previously put Tucker on their kill list but took him off real quick.

Well, call the polite police...and while they're there send some to every other country on the planet...people everywhere saying nasty things about their enemies...I don't get butthurt over that...

I know of nobody saying Crimea is full of oppressed Uke's...it's been annexed...it has to 90% Rus there...and I could care less if they are sad or happy about being ruled by Moscow...