Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88258 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1920 on: February 22, 2024, 03:16:37 PM »
I remember the romantic individuals part from an earlier video citing some history book. I recall that the peasants only related to their village and nothing beyond. They were mostly illiterate in any language, The west might have been catholic Polish landlords and Slav peasants.

What happens is I watched telegram videos where troops from the Kiev faction say they are a different race from the slavs who say they are the same race. So every once in a while I come across something to support one view or another. I read that Russian speakers were hung from trees in Lviv in 1915. So the Russia hatred goes way back but not a consistent NAZI lineage, except where thy escaped to Canada/US around 1945  then returned..

I find some historical reasons for things interesting. Why are Scots - Irish over represented in US military brass? Why did women in new England seem to wear different colors when I traveled?

My brother knew a couple from lviv in Chicago who spoke Polish and Russian. They  said Russian was a professional language needed to advance. They feared a civil war thanks to the nationalists and got out. Languages of empire are useful, like English.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1921 on: February 22, 2024, 03:20:53 PM »

I recall that professor on "dispatches" with Rania Khalek said that Bandera was only pushed much later, maybe in 2000s. This nationalism seems only pushed much later but after USSR fall.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1922 on: February 22, 2024, 06:11:56 PM »

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/88697
Ukrainian authorities are urgently renaming the streets of Avdeevka before surrendering the city

While battles are raging in Avdeevka, and Commander-in-Chief Syrsky is disposing of his brigades in a pointless defense, Kiev is renaming the city streets in honor of the Nazis. Local public pages write that streets named after Russian writers and generals are now changing their names to the names of Bandera’s heroes.

“We are a little shocked that our authorities now find time for this when the city is essentially destroyed! Now this was clearly “not for an hour,” but they did it for some reason, without making this information available to the general public,” Ukrainians write on social networks.

Kiev took dubious actions, apparently designed to raise the morale of ideological Ukronazis. There is no doubt that after the liberation of the city, it will return to its old names, especially since Kiev officials are unlikely to go to the combat zone with new street signs and put on new boards.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1923 on: February 22, 2024, 06:46:46 PM »

minor humor. Some people go a little nuts about the Ukr Language
https://t.me/heilukraine1959/8288

🇺🇦 Ukrainian neo-Nazis.

Absolutely hilarious 😂

Another Ukrainian patriot confuses a random man's car with a taxi and starts bitching about him speaking Russian and not Ukrainian.

"You must speak to me in the government approved language!!

- Are you a nutso? Why are you in my car??"

The conversation that followed is epic.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1924 on: February 22, 2024, 07:24:33 PM »

15 min. US will send ATACM missiles will be sent with twice the range.
Mark Sleboda confirms that himars used are controlled by US intel. He says it is for reasons of spite that civilian targets are selected. Spite has been my best reason when I see Kiev social media posts.
I cannot remember my western sources for US controlling Himars.

https://marksleboda.substack.com/p/desperate-western-moves-to-send-new?r=mra7c&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&open=false

Mark is former USN nuke. London School of Econ grad.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1925 on: February 22, 2024, 07:38:54 PM »

many sources have confirmed that Kiev was ready to stop fighting and sign an agreement with Moscow but Kiev has never confirmed this. Now a Zelensky aide David Arakhamia has confirmed this. Boris Johnson flew in and convinced Kev to scuttle the tentative deal.  This is from late 2023 so old.
https://t.me/ForeignAgentIntel/9177
TV channel 1+1  ???

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4459283-boris-johnson-calls-tucker-carlson-a-traitor-for-putin-interview/

[IMO yahoo news is very sloppy but they had some quotes]
https://news.yahoo.com/head-ukraines-leading-party-claims-205150773.html
Quote: "First, in order to agree to this point, it is necessary to change the Constitution. Our path to NATO is written in the Constitution.

Secondly, there was no confidence in the Russians that they would do it. This could only be done if there were security guarantees. We could not sign something, step away, everyone would relax there, and then they would [invade] even more prepared – because they have, in fact, gone in unprepared for such a resistance. Therefore, we could only explore this route when there is absolute certainty that this will not happen again. There is no such certainty.

Moreover, when we returned from Istanbul, Boris Johnson came to Kyiv and said that we would not sign anything with them at all, and let's just fight."

Details: At the same time, Arakhamiia denied that the Ukrainian delegation was ready to sign such a document, and that Johnson forced Kyiv’s hand.

According to Arakhamiia, the delegation did not even have the legal right to sign anything – this could only theoretically happen at a meeting of Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Vladimir Putin.

Arakhamiia added that Western partners knew about the negotiations and saw drafts of documents, but did not attempt to make a decision for Ukraine, but rather gave advice.

"They actually advised us not to go into ephemeral security guarantees [with the Russians – ed.], which could not have been given at that time at all," said Arakhamiia, who headed the negotiating delegation.

[in Ukr language]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lt4E0DiJts

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1926 on: February 23, 2024, 08:16:18 AM »
I remember the romantic individuals part from an earlier video citing some history book. I recall that the peasants only related to their village and nothing beyond. They were mostly illiterate in any language, The west might have been catholic Polish landlords and Slav peasants.

What happens is I watched telegram videos where troops from the Kiev faction say they are a different race from the slavs who say they are the same race. So every once in a while I come across something to support one view or another. I read that Russian speakers were hung from trees in Lviv in 1915. So the Russia hatred goes way back but not a consistent NAZI lineage, except where thy escaped to Canada/US around 1945  then returned..

I find some historical reasons for things interesting. Why are Scots - Irish over represented in US military brass? Why did women in new England seem to wear different colors when I traveled?

My brother knew a couple from lviv in Chicago who spoke Polish and Russian. They  said Russian was a professional language needed to advance. They feared a civil war thanks to the nationalists and got out. Languages of empire are useful, like English.

As I said many times...the locals in the West where my ties go were kept down by whomever conquered the land...they've been peasants literally from day one...from latter day Austro-Hungarian rule times which my paternal lineage experiences comes is a recent example - the nobles ruled, the middle-management of day to day functions in oblasts and cities fell to lesser Polish Lords and their vassals (mercantile class)...hence the confusion in our family about origins - area in Galicia dominated by Ruthenians that some lazily called Ukrainians in land part of the Austro-Hungarian empire and managed by Poles...and family here said our ancestor from this area spoke Polish...so for many years we thought we were Polish...but that is what the administrating Poles demanded the locals to speak.  It wasn't until years later, my research confirmed by my pen pal who travelled town to town searching records and talking to locals that we discovered the truth of his Ruthenian origin...which makes perfect sense...why would somebody not a serf strike out alone on foot at 11 years old to Hamburg and board a ship bound for America?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1927 on: February 23, 2024, 08:19:23 AM »

I recall that professor on "dispatches" with Rania Khalek said that Bandera was only pushed much later, maybe in 2000s. This nationalism seems only pushed much later but after USSR fall.

Perpetual foreign overlords and suppression of language...and lack of better heroes that comes with it...one could argue if not for that perhaps they would have had a better hero to promote...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1928 on: February 23, 2024, 08:26:09 AM »

15 min. US will send ATACM missiles will be sent with twice the range.
Mark Sleboda confirms that himars used are controlled by US intel. He says it is for reasons of spite that civilian targets are selected. Spite has been my best reason when I see Kiev social media posts.
I cannot remember my western sources for US controlling Himars.

https://marksleboda.substack.com/p/desperate-western-moves-to-send-new?r=mra7c&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&open=false

Mark is former USN nuke. London School of Econ grad.

So, an American in Moscow commenting on a TASS report...basically agreeing with it...

OK.  Info seems lifted from a SVR assessment, not saying it is incorrect...just an observation.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1929 on: February 23, 2024, 08:30:46 AM »

many sources have confirmed that Kiev was ready to stop fighting and sign an agreement with Moscow but Kiev has never confirmed this. Now a Zelensky aide David Arakhamia has confirmed this. Boris Johnson flew in and convinced Kev to scuttle the tentative deal.  This is from late 2023 so old.
https://t.me/ForeignAgentIntel/9177
TV channel 1+1  ???

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4459283-boris-johnson-calls-tucker-carlson-a-traitor-for-putin-interview/

[IMO yahoo news is very sloppy but they had some quotes]
https://news.yahoo.com/head-ukraines-leading-party-claims-205150773.html
Quote: "First, in order to agree to this point, it is necessary to change the Constitution. Our path to NATO is written in the Constitution.

Secondly, there was no confidence in the Russians that they would do it. This could only be done if there were security guarantees. We could not sign something, step away, everyone would relax there, and then they would [invade] even more prepared – because they have, in fact, gone in unprepared for such a resistance. Therefore, we could only explore this route when there is absolute certainty that this will not happen again. There is no such certainty.

Moreover, when we returned from Istanbul, Boris Johnson came to Kyiv and said that we would not sign anything with them at all, and let's just fight."

Details: At the same time, Arakhamiia denied that the Ukrainian delegation was ready to sign such a document, and that Johnson forced Kyiv’s hand.

According to Arakhamiia, the delegation did not even have the legal right to sign anything – this could only theoretically happen at a meeting of Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Vladimir Putin.

Arakhamiia added that Western partners knew about the negotiations and saw drafts of documents, but did not attempt to make a decision for Ukraine, but rather gave advice.

"They actually advised us not to go into ephemeral security guarantees [with the Russians – ed.], which could not have been given at that time at all," said Arakhamiia, who headed the negotiating delegation.

[in Ukr language]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lt4E0DiJts

Seems he is falling back on Z...but somebody got to Z and that somebody was BoJo...I guess.  So muddled by everybody scrambling to cover their asses.  But whatever, bottom line it's Z's call...he can try to blame somebody else but he's the fricken one calling the shots for Ukraine!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1931 on: February 23, 2024, 04:00:21 PM »
FJB announces more sanctions that have little effect unless a target leaves Russia for somewhere willing to do anything about it...

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/23/biden-new-russia-sanctions-navalny-death-00142894

Empty PR...and the GoebbelsMedia claps like captive seals...

As for this...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-says-it-shot-down-another-large-russian-spy-plane

...about the only successes the Uke's have is reducing their A-50U/M fleet down to 1 and damaging some ships around Sevastopol, Berdiansk, Snake Island, Novorossiysk & central Black Sea (notably the Moskva)...in addition to damaging the bridge to Kerch & hitting (half?) the naval aircraft at Saky airbase on Crimea...

Other than that they've got nothing to crow about...Russia still controls everything it invaded/captured and dominates the Black Sea.

And no number of more billions is going to change it.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1932 on: February 23, 2024, 05:14:04 PM »

I don't have any empathy for Russian oligarchs as they likely got their money in a scummy fashion.
Still, the anti Russian sanction seems not legal. If I am a rich Russian does it matter if Putin is trying ti kill me or I am his buddy? Is it just Russian citizenship? 

They found some EU lawyers who said it was OK to seize Russian bank assets and give them to Ukraine. They cited "international law." The lawyers also said it would be illegal for Russia to retaliate in kind. I would like to see that law.

I think the banking system is on shaky ground once they start this crap. Will a country seize Israeli assets just because Gaza?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1933 on: February 25, 2024, 03:40:13 PM »

Just skimming the headlines it seems that the western MSM reporting has changed.Pessimistic. Also there is a link in the link with a video on the 3 km pipe used to sneak into Adveeka.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/avdeevka-denouement-russian-momentum

Also Alex of the duran summarized recent US statements. Perhaps nastier acts like attacking Russia proper or ship may be planned called "asymmetric warfare," V Nuland said surprises are planned.

I read some long write up that said Ukr may have tricked RU into shooting its own A-50.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1934 on: February 26, 2024, 08:47:14 AM »
Here's the question of the day - Why is the propaganda organ of the DOJ/Amerikan KGB throwing fellow DeepState IC (and by extension the Pentagon) under the bus?

On Sunday The New York Times published an explosive and very belated full admission that US intelligence has not only been instrumental in Ukraine wartime decision-making, but has established and financed high tech command-and-control spy centers, and was doing so long prior to the Feb. 24 Russian invasion of two years ago.

Among the biggest revelations is that the program was established a decade ago and spans three different American presidents. The Times says the CIA program to modernize Ukraine's intelligence services has "transformed" the former Soviet state and its capabilities into "Washington’s most important intelligence partners against the Kremlin today."

This has included the agency having secretly trained and equipped Ukrainian intelligence officers spanning back to just after the 2014 Maidan coup events, as well constructing a network of 12 secret bases along the Russian border—work which began eight years ago. These intelligence bases, from which Russian commanders' communications can be swept up and Russian spy satellites monitored, are being used launch and track cross-border drone and missile attacks on Russian territory.
A stunning admission: "Tiptoeing Around Trump"

Among the most interesting and curious moments of the NYT report is a description of the CIA program's expanse under the Trump administration. The report suggests that the true scope may have even been hidden from Trump. The Russian hawks in his administration quietly did the 'dirty work', we are told.
The report then emphasizes, "But whatever Trump said and did, his administration often went in the other direction. This is because Trump had put Russia hawks in key positions, including Mike Pompeo as CIA director and John Bolton as national security adviser."

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/cia-built-12-secret-spy-bases-ukraine-waged-shadow-war-last-decade-bombshell-nyt

I would submit this is a desperate diversion for a second Trump term to focus on the hardest DeepState target - the IC.  But, no DeepState organ and its bureaucrats should be sparred a much needed gutting!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1935 on: February 26, 2024, 11:43:41 AM »

I am in the part of the book where the Stakhanovite movement is described. About some coal miner who set production records. The history is complicated.

Here in this inspirational/propaganda video Stakhanov  is mentioned.

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/48160

??The video clip describes the real events that took place in July 2014 at the Luganskoye Mine Administration.

??In those hot days, the current capital of the Lugansk People's Republic was surrounded by Ukrainian neo-Nazi punitive battalions trying to restore the so-called “constitutional order” and forcefully suppress the people's militia of Donbass.

??The Ukrainian forces brought heavy artillery near Lugansk and started firing. Looking at how his home and his land were destroyed, the brave miner, foremost worker Sasha “Bely” promised to destroy the Ukrainian Nazis at any cost.

??"Miner". Lyrics and music — Roman Razum
Scriptwriter, director, editor — Roman Razum
Camerawoman — Alena Razum
Video production — film studio "Lugafilm".

??The video was filmed with the support of the Cossack Media Group and the Rodina Production Center.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1936 on: February 26, 2024, 12:07:29 PM »
Judge Nap brought up some US AF guy who set himself on fire in front of Israeli embassy to protest Gaza. Fmr CIA Larry Johnson said he found it in Telegram but not in any MSM except for NY Post.

That is why I use telegram. There are feeds for all sorts of view points. I like Lord Bebo and also Putingers Cat which has politics plus cat videos.

Here is one 8 freight cars of grain dumped along RR tracks.
https://t.me/myLordBebo/23888

Cat video
https://t.me/putingers_cat/9078

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1937 on: February 26, 2024, 06:21:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1761918762368872755
Zelensky is high on more than life in this recent MSNBC interview.   

Is Ukraine aid going up Zelensky's nose?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1938 on: February 27, 2024, 09:03:51 AM »
Can't have a sh!tshow without a lot of sh!t...

H/T-CTH
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:19:13 AM by Libertas »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1939 on: February 27, 2024, 12:31:20 PM »

I heard that maybe Macron proposed EU war bonds. Alex of Duran said bonds require a revenue stream i.e. EU taxes. The ramp up tax then use it to raise an EU army. EU is panicking.

Stoltenberg(?) of NATO proposed putting troops on the ground inside of Ukraine?
\
WHY did the NYT print a story on several CIA bases along the RU border and operations inside RU?