Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88125 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1940 on: February 27, 2024, 01:08:56 PM »
Want to save their own butts...and those of DOJ...silly bastards...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1941 on: February 27, 2024, 01:42:33 PM »

Macron called a meeting of 20 nation's leaders.
Hmmmm.
https://youtu.be/EtkS5bRC8_I
Macron is freaking out over Ukraine collapse
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1942 on: February 27, 2024, 01:55:49 PM »

I think is the guy they refer to Tom Luongo
http://goldgoatsnguns.com/

Money politics
Date: February 20, 2024Author: Tom Luongo 3 Comments   

After a mostly peaceful Security Conference in Munich over the weekend, Estonian Prime Minister Katja Kallas let the real purpose of all the recent hysteria over Ukraine funding out of the proverbial bag — Eurobonds.

Kallas was handed the bully pulpit to make the argument for $110 billion in Eurobonds be issued by the EU Commission to spend on arming Europe for the future and supporting Ukraine. It just sounds like more of the same that we’ve heard for two years now. More money for Ukraine. More war spending.

But this is a far more complex and nuanced issue than just making sure the West fights Russia to the last Ukrainian. This is ultimately about shoring up the EU’s fundamental weakness. It is an economic bloc with a common currency whose political authority is mostly powerless to control the value of that currency.

For this reason the EU leadership, nominally Davosian in their agenda, has been working their political machine towards giving the EU Commission that power through bond issuance and a centralized taxing mechanism.

They did this after COVID with their SURE Bonds, which they issued in 2020 to legitimize this process. I covered this in a long article in October last year when this very issue came up. Then ECB President Christine Lagarde made it public that they want to create a Eurobond Index to give these SURE bonds greater visibility in the vain hope someone will buy the next round of them.

There is also a major push happening offscreen for these bonds to become indexed next to everyone else’s, i.e. to more easily sell them to Muppet investors, through the imprimatur of them being official and backed by the full faith and credit of the EC. Of course, the initial investors in them have lost their ass as the bulk of them were issued when the ECB was at -0.6%. (See Here).

The ECB just held rates at 4.5%. The bond math doesn’t work. So, the EU got the last big lot of blood and treasure after the COVID operation from its investor class, who are now sitting on massive losses. Some of these investors, of course, were the member central banks themselves.

Don’t believe me? A €7 billion 0.1% coupon SURE bond maturing in October of 2040 is now trading at a yield of 3.867%. Now that doesn’t look so bad until you grep the price of that bond, which is trading with a bid/ask spread of 0.54/0.55… or a 45% loss.

This particular SURE bond has recovered in price back to around $0.61, after one of the biggest rallies in sovereign debt markets in history to end 2023. But that’s also just the quoted price. There is no price discovery on these, as there’s only on trade a week actually happening in Frankfurt where these things are listed.

They aren’t a market. They are, however, a massive political tool. Because they gave the EU Commission the ability to levy taxes to pay the 0.1% coupon on them. It’s the government tax and spend equivalent of “just the tip.” It’s only a small surcharge on your grocery bill… or whatever.

One problem is that the initial investors in these things are still sitting on 40% losses. If the first round are selling at a 40 to 50% discount what coupon are they going to have to offer to get anyone to buy the next round? nd it’s part of the reason why there is such urgency to get central banks to lower rates.

The EU can’t afford to raise the capital it needs to complete its fiscal integration plans with the ECB forced up to 4.5% to keep pace with Powell’s FED. They need these rates back near zero to fund their grand dreams of a hydrocarbon-free totalitarian future.

As always, this underscores the point I’ve been making for two-plus years now that Powell’s “higher for longer” rate policy is squeezing not just the European banking system but also it’s political objectives.

None of this is remotely sustainable at 5.5%. And for anyone who thinks the US is more vulnerable to this than the EU is, I invite you to explain that to me in grave detail with the dollar having drank nearly all of the euro’s milkshake in global trade over the past two years.

I’ll wait.
From SURE to War

The fate of these SURE bonds and all future EC bond issuances hangs in the balance here. In fact, the future of the EU itself hangs in the balance. And that’s why I was contacted by Sputnik News yesterday to give my thoughts on this subject.

“Eurobonds are the Holy Grail for European integration,” Tom Luongo, financial and geopolitical analyst, told Sputnik. “PM Kallas is telling you what the plan is. The EU’s Achilles’ heel is the euro itself and its lack of central taxing authority.”

“Eurobonds, issued through the European Commission, of this type are another way of handing that authority to Brussels, bypassing member state central banks and legislatures,” he added.

“If one was cynical, which I am, one would suspect that the EU’s support for the war in Ukraine was mostly driven by this desire to centralize power in Brussels,” Luongo argued. “You start a war in Ukraine by purposefully crossing Russia’s red lines, drive inflation up locally, and empty the military coffers of all the post-WWII weapons and ammunition that is now outdated. (…) If you are losing, as you are now, you play up the threat of Russia not stopping at Ukraine to justify shifting your domestic spending to a military build-up, issuing Eurobonds to pay for it.”

This plan for war bonds was shepherded by the usual suspects for EU militarization, French President Emmanuel Macron and EU President Charles Michel. And I want to stress here that nothing about this project is economic. It is purely political. They will expend whatever political capital they must to force this outcome on the people of Europe.

To folks like Macron, Michel, Ursula Von der Leyen and their bosses, European bourgeoisie and proletariats alike are just tax cattle. No wonder they are so against them eating beef.

So, let’s connect another couple of dots. Because now it should be obvious that this is why they threatened Hungary’s Viktor Orban with economic devastation for holding up their $50 billion aid package for Ukraine.

They need to keep Ukraine going to justify now spending another $100+ billion to launder into failing French and German banks sitting on massive losses from all the debt they bought during the NIRP (Negative Interest Rate Policy) period.

This is just the beginning of their plans for transferring sovereignty out of the hands of the member states and handing it to Brussels. But to sell this to global investors they have to prove to the world they have all the wayward voices under control.

Sovereign debt is secured through taxation and the productive capacity of the population. At this point the EU has neither.
NATO Forever

Now when I think about what all the principle players have been harping about for the past couple of weeks the common theme was NATO uber alles. This was echoed by everyone from President Biden at his latest press conference and Vice President Harris at Munich, to Hillary Clinton, clearly on more than a proof of life tour.

We had Alexei Navalny’s death used to raise money for war. Reports of Russia shooting US satellites out of orbit. Locusts!

It never stops with these people. There’s always a convenient Russian or Chinese bogeyman lurking behind every headline. But the underlying theme is to keep the money flowing into NATO. Trump’s comments on standing aside if Putin attacked a NATO country that didn’t pay its way were used by all of them to breathlessly support MOAR NATO.

But, in the end, this is just about the exercise of raw power against domestic populations. Putin and his army are no more a threat to Berlin than they are a threat to Kiev at this point.

NATO, and the plans to morph it into a global police force under UN control, is the reason for all of this. Europe wants the US to be a vassal after spending itself to death fighting the phantom menace of Putin. Eurobonds are the real story.

The rest is just noise.

N.B. As always, I will publish everything I sent to Sputnik News for the sake of transparency

Sputnik: The EU needs to work on a plan to issue $107.8 billion in eurobonds to boost the continent’s defense industry, and in the meantime do more to get weapons to Ukraine, Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas told Bloomberg in an interview at the Munich Security Conference on Sunday. “We are in a place where we need to invest more and [explore] what we can do together, because the bonds that would be issued by separate countries individually are too small to scale up,” she said. “Eurobonds could have a much bigger impact.”
What is your overall opinion on this idea and its potential effectiveness?

Eurobonds are the Holy Grail for European integration.  PM Kallas is telling you what the plan is.  The EU’s Achilles’ heel is the euro itself and its lack of central taxing authority.  Eurobonds, issued through the European Commission, of this type are another way of handing that authority to Brussels, bypassing member state central banks and legislatures.

If one was cynical, which I am, one would suspect that the EU’s support for the war in Ukraine was mostly driven by this desire to centralize power in Brussels.  You start a war in Ukraine by purposefully crossing Russia’s red lines, drive inflation up locally, and empty the military coffers of all the post-WWII weapons and ammunition that is now outdated.  If you win the war it’s great.  Russia’s been subjugated and a new colonial frontier opens up for Europe to grab the collateral needed for the next iteration of Imperial Europe.

If you are losing, as you are now, you play up the threat of Russia not stopping at Ukraine to justify shifting your domestic spending to a military buildup, issuing Eurobonds to pay for it.  The EU Commission has to be given direct taxing authority to guarantee the bonds to investors.  Their SURE bonds, issued after COVID-19, were the first proof of this mechanism.

This is why they were so angry with Viktor Orban over blocking Ukraine aid.  It legitimizes their central authority to guarantee to investors they can impose their will on EU members. while keeping Ukraine on financial life support to justify re-arming Europe.
While funding for Ukraine remains at a standstill in the US Congress, the EU appears to be heading towards accumulating more debt. What sort of risks does this method of joint borrowing pose for European countries? What anticipated and unforeseen consequences do you expect?

The risks are mostly political for the people of Europe.  Because it means that if you think that things are out of control in Brussels now, just wait when you are paying taxes directly to the EU Commission.  What you saw over the past month with Orban was a warning to the rest of the EU.  There is no partnership here, there is only the exercise of raw power from the central authority.

By putting these words into the mouth of a rabid Russophobe like Estonia’s PM Kallas it’s meant to shame the rest of the EU to go along with this.  What’s left of national sovereignty in Europe will die if the EU Commission continues getting these special bond issuances, €100 billion at a time.

While everyone was at Munich this past weekend talking about their ‘sacred commitment’ to NATO, the reality is that proposals like this will eventually blow apart NATO.  NATO in the mind of the Eurocrats and globalists in DC is a precursor to a global police force administered by the United Nations.  The more these people push for total integration of military, regulatory, political and economic cohesion, the more they will alienate the people they are trying to subjugate.
With Europe having its industries severely impacted by the financial crisis and many of them relocating their production, to what extent can this eurobonds strategy boost the continent’s defense industry? Is it wishful thinking by the Estonian Prime Minister?

It’s not wishful thinking on her part, it’s part of the process the laid out on the proverbial whiteboard in Brussels.  Europe embarked on a very dangerous path by purposefully gutting their domestic economies through COVID lockdowns to get the first round of Eurobonds agreed to.  Now they are using the phantom threat of a Russian invasion to get the second round issued.

The incipient inflation and overly strong euro as a currency is pushing their industries offshore as a result.  But that is, again, part of the strategy.  Because for every BASF plant built in the US, what comes with it are the strings of EU regulations which the local and federal governments must adopt.  These are designed to collapse the competitive advantage of the foreign nation by raising their costs locally.

It’s always a poisoned carrot with these people.  Always.

The fly in this ointment for them is their having to raise interest rates to keep pace with the Federal Reserve.  With each month that passes where the Fed refuses to back off on interest rates the more the risks to Brussels’ plans multiply.  The entire project is predicated on using cheap credit dollars to fund the transition to their preferred hydrocarbonless future, while simultaneously hollowing out their biggest competitor, the US, by tying it down in useless skirmishes like Ukraine through NATO.
Share this:

TwitterLinkedInFacebookPinterestTumblrMore

Like this:
BondsEuropeMonetary PolicyWar
Published by Tom Luongo   

Publisher of the Gold Goats n Guns. Ruminations on Geopolitics, Markets and Goats. View all posts by Tom Luongo
Post navigation
Previous Previous post: What Everyone Is Missing About the Putin/Carlson Talk
Next Next post: Episode #170 – Brent Johnson and the TINA Effect of the US Dollar
3 thoughts on “Why War Bonds Are Returning in Europe”

Add Comment

Lise McLain
    February 20, 2024 at 9:53 pm   

Hi!

Will the euro bonds effect anything in the United States?

Who will buy them?

And what happens if there is a default in these bonds?

Who will be mostly effected by a default?

Russian bonds blew up in 1998. I learned that from one of Jim Rickards’ books. I have several in my library.

Thank you!

Lise from Maine (former licensed clinician)
        Tom Luongo
        February 21, 2024 at 2:32 am   

Lise,
        1) Only if they are successful in creating a market for them, which would keep capital in the EU.
        2) Likely EU member Central Banks.. but they need to make them attractive enough for the private markets to take them up.
        3) The EU
    Pingback: Hyperlinks 2/24/2024 | bare capitalism - Tv CheatCode

Leave a Reply
Podcast

Get the Newsletter!
Get GGnG Schwag
Paypal Donations

60 USD

Popular Rumblings

Why War Bonds Are Returning in Europe
    Episode #170 - Brent Johnson and the TINA Effect of the US Dollar
    What Everyone Is Missing About the Putin/Carlson Talk

Past Rumblings   
Past Rumblings
GGnG Feed

RSS - Posts
    RSS - Comments

Quotes   
"It takes a village to raise an idiot."

"I refuse to embrace schizophrenia as a survival mechanism."
Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Email Address

Join 3,883 other subscribers
Tags
Bitcoin Brexit China Corruption cryptocurrency Culture Economics elections EU Europe finance Foreign Policy geopolitics germany Gold investing iran markets Merkel Monetary Policy money Podcast Politics Private Blog Putin Russia Syria The Davos Crowd Trump War
GGnG RSS Feeds

RSS - Posts
    RSS - Comments

Spam Blocked
16,476 spam
blocked by Akismet   
Get the Newsletter!
Tom Luongo
Tom Luongo

Publisher of the Gold Goats n Guns. Ruminations on Geopolitics, Markets and Goats.

View Full Profile ?
Donations   

In Litecoin

LgJuSsDUnA9MMhjpsgQ1essaLSCnEosro3

Bitcoin Cash:

1251DPGVsxyzq49c2AssL1zBJAebhZKvsu
Popular Rumblings

Why War Bonds Are Returning in Europe
    Episode #170 - Brent Johnson and the TINA Effect of the US Dollar
    What Everyone Is Missing About the Putin/Carlson Talk

Get GGnG Schwag
Past Rumblings   
Past Rumblings
GGnG Feed

RSS - Posts
    RSS - Comments

Search
Search for:
Blog Stats

7,897,154 hits

Quotes   
"It takes a village to raise an idiot."

"I refuse to embrace schizophrenia as a survival mechanism."
Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Email Address

Join 3,883 other subscribers
Tags
Bitcoin Brexit China Corruption cryptocurrency Culture Economics elections EU Europe finance Foreign Policy geopolitics germany Gold investing iran markets Merkel Monetary Policy money Podcast Politics Private Blog Putin Russia Syria The Davos Crowd Trump War
GGnG RSS Feeds

RSS - Posts
    RSS - Comments

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1943 on: February 27, 2024, 02:14:14 PM »

https://t.me/c/1567469683/1887818
Some EU and NATO countries are thinking about sending their military to Ukraine on the basis of bilateral agreements

The statement of Slovak Prime Minister Robert Fico is reported (https://standard.sk/579145/slovensko-nevysle-nasich-vojakov-na-uzemie-ukrajiny-vyhlasil-robert-fico) by the Slovak publication Standard.

"The West's strategy in Ukraine has failed. But I want to be constructively prepared, despite the fact that the topics we talked about make my skin crawl. From these theses it follows that a group of NATO and EU countries are considering sending their military to Ukraine on the basis of bilateral agreements,” - Fico said after a meeting of the Slovak Security Council.

No one has yet officially voiced such intentions in the West.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1944 on: February 27, 2024, 02:41:39 PM »

Video of Nuland and US Senator on ending the NS pipelines years ago.
https://t.me/myLordBebo/23971
1) Germany spends money on NordStream
2) Germany needs it for its economy
3) Germany is taking its destruction
X) Likely Germany was informed or at least now knows

Treason in front of the German people.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1945 on: February 27, 2024, 04:29:09 PM »
As long as corrupt elections and corrupt politicians exists nothing is going to change the suicidal trajectory of humankind...

Nothing short of divine that is...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1946 on: February 27, 2024, 05:20:23 PM »

I am still surprised that so many EU officials sold out their citizens, like scholz.
Some say that Germans are slow to anger but when they blow, watch out. I hope so.
The Baltics officials preen for the cameras and 'bravely' stand up to Russia while planning for their next NGO job.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1947 on: February 27, 2024, 06:34:00 PM »
About the CIA bases along the Ukr/RU border in 2014.
https://t.me/ukraine_watch/17558

https://t.me/ukraine_watch/17560
😁Instagram has started blocking videos of an Abrams tank being hit and burning down - the official reason is to protect the company's image and business reputation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRussiaReport/comments/1b1pvnk/ua_pov_the_slovak_prime_minister_stated_that/

UA POV: The Slovak Prime Minister stated that Western countries are discussing an open military conflict with Russia
Civilians & politicians

Robert Fico has confirmed that some Western countries wish to send their troops to Ukraine within the framework of "bilateral agreements," meaning that Slovakia and other EU and NATO countries won't be able to influence this decision in any way, and no one could predict the consequences.

The deputy speaker of the Slovak parliament, Lubos Blaha, added:

The West is pushing us into World War III. We've all been on the edge of it since last night. What is going on in Paris anyway?

39 comments

Exactly as I expected. They made the individual defense agreements for ONE purpose: To send troops BILATERAL outside of NATO and NATO can´t do anything about it. AND they discussed reintroducing the draft in Germany the UK and France for a reason as well.

Let them do it and it will be a political suicide when the bodies start to pile up

https://www.politico.eu/article/zelenskyy-will-be-in-paris-friday-to-sign-bilateral-security-deal/
 Zelenskyy will be in Paris Friday to sign bilateral security deal

The visit comes in the wake of pledges made at a NATO summit in Vilnius last July.
Third Meeting Of The European Political Community Takes Place In Granada
The Ukrainian president is also expected to attend the Munich Security Conference later this week | Juan Medina - Pool/Getty Images
February 15, 2024 10:41 am CET
By Laura Kayali

PARIS — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy will be in Paris on Friday to sign a bilateral security deal with France, the Elysée Palace announced today.

"As Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine soon enters its third year, this visit will be an opportunity for the president of the republic to reaffirm France's determination to continue to provide unfailing support for Ukraine and its people, over the long term and with all its partners," the palace said in a statement.

Zelenskyy will also visit Germany on the same day to meet with Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
Advertisement

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:02:05 PM by patentlymn »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1948 on: February 27, 2024, 07:14:35 PM »
Why publish this now?

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/cia-ukraine-russia/
 CIA in Ukraine: Why is this not seen as provocation?

An explosive new NYT report shows how Washington needlessly fed into Russia’s worst fears and precipitated the invasion, justified or not
Analysis | Europe

regions europe ukraine war

Mark Episkopos
Feb 27, 2024

The White House’s messaging on the Ukraine war is built around two simple-yet-powerful adjectives: “We are united in our condemnation,” said President Joe Biden almost two years ago in a joint statement with EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, “of Russia’s unjustified and unprovoked war of aggression against Ukraine.”

The “unjustified and unprovoked” line has been used numerous times by a chorus of top U.S. officials and allies, quickly becoming a rhetorical mainstay of Biden’s maximum pressure campaign against the Kremlin.
An explosive New York Times exposé by Adam Entous and Michael Schwirtz sheds light on major developments preceding the full-scale invasion of Ukraine. According to the report, the Ukrainian government entered into a wide-ranging partnership with the CIA against Russia. This cooperation, which involved the establishment of as many as 12 secret CIA “forward operating bases” along Ukraine’s border with Russia, began not with Russia’s 2022 invasion, but just over 10 years ago.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1949 on: February 28, 2024, 07:43:18 AM »

I am still surprised that so many EU officials sold out their citizens, like scholz.
Some say that Germans are slow to anger but when they blow, watch out. I hope so.
The Baltics officials preen for the cameras and 'bravely' stand up to Russia while planning for their next NGO job.

Effing over citizens is what all governments do best...some just more so than others...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1950 on: February 28, 2024, 07:46:30 AM »
About the CIA bases along the Ukr/RU border in 2014.
https://t.me/ukraine_watch/17558

https://t.me/ukraine_watch/17560
😁Instagram has started blocking videos of an Abrams tank being hit and burning down - the official reason is to protect the company's image and business reputation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRussiaReport/comments/1b1pvnk/ua_pov_the_slovak_prime_minister_stated_that/

UA POV: The Slovak Prime Minister stated that Western countries are discussing an open military conflict with Russia
Civilians & politicians

Robert Fico has confirmed that some Western countries wish to send their troops to Ukraine within the framework of "bilateral agreements," meaning that Slovakia and other EU and NATO countries won't be able to influence this decision in any way, and no one could predict the consequences.

The deputy speaker of the Slovak parliament, Lubos Blaha, added:

The West is pushing us into World War III. We've all been on the edge of it since last night. What is going on in Paris anyway?

39 comments

Exactly as I expected. They made the individual defense agreements for ONE purpose: To send troops BILATERAL outside of NATO and NATO can´t do anything about it. AND they discussed reintroducing the draft in Germany the UK and France for a reason as well.

Let them do it and it will be a political suicide when the bodies start to pile up

https://www.politico.eu/article/zelenskyy-will-be-in-paris-friday-to-sign-bilateral-security-deal/
 Zelenskyy will be in Paris Friday to sign bilateral security deal

The visit comes in the wake of pledges made at a NATO summit in Vilnius last July.
Third Meeting Of The European Political Community Takes Place In Granada
The Ukrainian president is also expected to attend the Munich Security Conference later this week | Juan Medina - Pool/Getty Images
February 15, 2024 10:41 am CET
By Laura Kayali

PARIS — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy will be in Paris on Friday to sign a bilateral security deal with France, the Elysée Palace announced today.

"As Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine soon enters its third year, this visit will be an opportunity for the president of the republic to reaffirm France's determination to continue to provide unfailing support for Ukraine and its people, over the long term and with all its partners," the palace said in a statement.

Zelenskyy will also visit Germany on the same day to meet with Chancellor Olaf Scholz.
Advertisement

I saw the burning tank, their censorship sucks.   ;D

As for the bilateral crap...whatever, it is a ploy and one that will blow back on NATO & EU anyway so really just who the eff they think they are fooling?

But, lots of crazy going around, think it is going to be avoided, somehow those swell citizens "get it" and it all ends?

Ha, the only thing ending is everything all at once...

Pull up a chair, grab a drink and heckle the show.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1951 on: February 28, 2024, 01:44:36 PM »
Brian Berletic has been harping on this for a long time. He used to repair electro optical stuff for the Marines in Japan. So he cites US DOD docs on the training, parts, supply chain issues for US equipment to Ukr.

Now the US DOD finally mentions this.

https://t.me/TheRealPolitick/2754
The Inspector General of the US Department of Defense said that the Pentagon failed to prepare adequate plans in advance to support the weapons transferred to the Armed Forces of Ukraine - Bloomberg

We are talking about M2A2 Bradley ODS-SA infantry fighting vehicles transferred to Ukraine, various variants of Stryker armored personnel carriers, M1A1SA Abrams tanks, and MIM-104 Patriot air defense systems.

“The Department of Defense provided Ukraine with armored vehicles and air defense systems without a plan to ensure their long-term usefulness. While the Department of Defense is currently working to develop such a plan, the lack of foresight on this issue is troubling and must be addressed immediately,” the Inspector General said.

As an example, it is stated that the Pentagon provided only basic training courses in the operation and maintenance of the MIM-104 Patriot air defense system, as well as initial parts and materials, but subsequently did not organize advanced training for Ukrainians using the equipment and their further provision of spare parts.

Without planned material support, including spare parts, ammunition, and maintenance, “the Ukrainians would not be able to maintain these weapons systems,” the inspector general concluded.

Here he brings up the sustainability issue.
https://youtu.be/Wu5kdxcUzuM
 Pentagon Admits Ukraine Aid Unsustainable + Why Neutrality is Ukraine's Only (Good) Option
The New Atlas
253K subscribers

135,525 views  Feb 24, 2024
Update on the conflict in Ukraine for February 25, 2024...

- Russian forces have cleared Avdeevka, taking over a thousand Ukrainian soldiers prisoner, illustrating the disorganized nature of Ukraine’s withdrawal;

- The US Department of Defense admits essential supporting elements for sustaining US weapon systems transferred to Ukraine were never provided, thus inhibiting the effective use of US arms by Ukrainians;

- A fighting force makes up a small percentage of an overall military service because of the large amount of support infantry require on the modern battlefield. Without these supporting elements, a fighting force cannot sustain combat especially against a better supported force;

- US military equipment is especially complex to sustain and maintain on the battlefield, a fact illustrated by US purchases of Russian helicopters for Afghan forces because US helicopters were too difficult to fly, maintain, and sustain;

- The end game for Ukraine is particularly bleak considering the attritional nature of the conflict, Russia’s ability to outproduce Ukraine and its allies, and the unrealistic objectives Ukraine and its Western sponsors are attempting to achieve;

- Attempts to focus on Russian military shortcomings while ignoring Ukrainian military shortcomings produces a fatally flawed perception of the conflict disallowing both the means and objectives of the fighting to be realistically evaluated; 

References:

US DoD - Press Release: Evaluation of Sustainment Strategies for the Patriot Air Defense Systems Transferred to the Ukrainian Armed Forces (DODIG-2024-056) and Evaluation of the DoD's Sustainment Plan for Bradley, Stryker, and Abrams Armored Weapon Systems (DODIG-2024-057) (February 20, 2024):
https://www.dodig.mil/In-the-Spotlight/Article/3681630/press-release-evaluation-of-sustainment-strategies-for-the-patriot-air-defense/
US DoD - PREDICTORS OF SUCCESS AT INFANTRY TRAINING BATTALION USING COUNTERMOVEMENT JUMP METRICS (“The enlisted infantry community, all of whom acquire their training at Infantry Training Battalion (ITB), comprises approximately 15% of the Marine Corps.” 2021):
https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/trecms/pdf/AD1150730.pdf
Christian Science Monitor - Why is US buying Russian helicopters for Afghan military? (December 2013):
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-...
Air and Space Forces Magazine - US Set Up Afghans for Failure, With a Force Too Complex to Maintain, IG Says (March 2023):
https://www.airandspaceforces.com/us-...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 01:48:50 PM by patentlymn »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1952 on: February 28, 2024, 03:37:31 PM »
The Abrams takes 6-12 months of training to master as a system and in coordinated maneuvers...the fact that video of a Abrams in flames exists shows nothing near that level of training was achieved and morons rushed into battle only to be slaughtered like a sheep dressed in a mink coat...

But sh1tloads of more billions for them and zip for our invaded borders makes total sense...only if your head is fully up your ass!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1953 on: February 28, 2024, 05:17:41 PM »
The Abrams takes 6-12 months of training to master as a system and in coordinated maneuvers...the fact that video of a Abrams in flames exists shows nothing near that level of training was achieved and morons rushed into battle only to be slaughtered like a sheep dressed in a mink coat...

But sh1tloads of more billions for them and zip for our invaded borders makes total sense...only if your head is fully up your ass!

Brian Berletic is kinda a CPC simp but good  on supporting what you said above. He finds US DOD docs on how much training the US requires. PLUS lots of team practice after that. he once found a doc from Ft. Benning on  results from US already trained troops using javelins.  Only 3 out of 8 even hit the target in a situation where no one was shooting at them.

Tanks? He said the US Marines got rid of tanks, and that was long before drones.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1954 on: February 28, 2024, 05:41:20 PM »

I do not have firm picture on this yet. The US has been trying to get Moldova to attack Transnistria to distract Russia which is full of lots of ethnic Russians.  The US must have come up with enough bribes to the leader Sandu. It will not help Moldova but who cares as she will get her NGO job just like the Georgia guy after he had Georgia attack South Ossetia.

It seems that Moldova raised a tariff or transit tax on goods going to Transnistia which doubled the price of goods. This  pissed off the locals who recently asked Russia for help. So Sandu called for mobilization?

Transnistria gets nat gas from Russia, uses it to make electricity which it sells to Moldova.

I was surprised that so many leaders allow their countries to be used by the US. Then I thought of the bribes and future sweet NGO jobs as the locals will toss them out after the country is ruined.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRussiaReport/comments/1b25za4/ru_pov_transnistria_will_turn_to_russia_for_help/

Bald and Bankrupt did a series on Moldova including one on Transnistria. Moldova seemed like another corrupt sh*thole. The part of Transistria he showed seemed nice. I recall that that Moldova was looted with govt funds sent out of country maybe to the Baltics.
Here is the Bald and Bankrupt Moldova video series

https://youtu.be/5kVnrqBb6y4?list=PLqWdYjn21PdEO19u10zTJCrNazOKq6gf6

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1955 on: February 28, 2024, 06:41:16 PM »
Details. No mobilization yet.

https://t.me/ForeignAgentIntel/9526

🇲🇩🇲🇩 Amid the situation with Transnistria, the Ministry of Defense of Moldova has issued orders for enterprises to transfer military vehicles and spare parts to the military in the event of an urgent mobilization – the authenticity of the documents has been confirmed by the military.

?? Enterprises are required to provide the military with everything necessary within two hours.

??Currently, enterprises are obliged to provide lists of the vehicles they possess. The Ministry of Defense spokesperson, A. Dîjaconu, confirmed to the media the authenticity of the document but attempted to convince the media that this is a standard procedure - merely updating lists of property subject to mobilization.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1956 on: February 29, 2024, 08:06:36 AM »

Brian Berletic is kinda a CPC simp but good  on supporting what you said above. He finds US DOD docs on how much training the US requires. PLUS lots of team practice after that. he once found a doc from Ft. Benning on  results from US already trained troops using javelins.  Only 3 out of 8 even hit the target in a situation where no one was shooting at them.

Tanks? He said the US Marines got rid of tanks, and that was long before drones.

Javelin, TOW, LAWS...it's more an issue of the "right tool for the right job/conditions" paired with competence in use.

Marine's went to light-fighting maneuver-based tactics championed interestingly enough by a USAF pilot named John Boyd (see "Fighter Mafia", "OODA Loop") who was the father of the F-15.  This doctrine was in place before the Gulf Wars.

As for Moldova...well, hard to care about Moldova...but it will likely prove to be a completely unnecessary sideshow...and has the potential to put another hostile force on Ukraine's West flank...but as I said, stupid is prevailing everywhere and if something can get worse it most likely will...
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:11:03 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1957 on: February 29, 2024, 08:36:09 AM »
Other news -

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/moscow-accuses-zelensky-lying-after-issuing-ukraine-troop-death-count-1st-time

Uke's understate their casualties and overstates Russia's...Russia overstates Uke casualties under understates theirs...wow, this has never happened in warfare before!

/

Z's are obviously more exaggerated, but recall all the callups Russia did...obviously Uke's have to have lost more, but Russia and its allies have to be incurring losses but I doubt the US IC estimate...it's probably half that perhaps a bit more...Uke's have to be at least 300k.

And what Z hopes to accomplish with the Saudi's eludes me...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/zelensky-travels-rally-saudi-arabia-albania-ukraines-cause

...Saudi's are tighter in the Russia & OPEC orbit...seems a fools errand.  Albania?  Sure, but they are in no position to offer much but smiles and a handshake.

And check this out...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/tiny-netherlands-only-country-back-macrons-call-boots-ground-ukraine-option

The French and the Dutch are the hotheads...yet...

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/which-countrys-meet-natos-spending-target

..both are NATO deadbeats!!!

Some how some way American's have to realize NATO is unnecessary, this Ukraine and Balkan crap is all Europe's problem, Europe isn't carrying its own weight...and our borders are more important to us than those of Europe and Russia.  But, the unrelenting noise from the DeepState lapdog media, demonazis and Cucks is drowning out the reality on our borders...even with innocents being murdered raped and beaten by military aged male invaders.

This is mass insanity.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1958 on: March 01, 2024, 10:36:29 AM »
Get a load of this BS!

"If Ukraine falls, I really believe that NATO will be in a fight with Russia," Austin stated.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/pentagon-chief-if-ukraine-defeated-war-nato-will-be-war-russia

What he really means is - "If Ukraine falls, I really believe that NATO will be in a fight with Russia, because we want war with Russia and if we have to start it we will."

FIFY, you stupendous war-lusting pig!  Interesting, isn't it that the prospect of a nuclear exchange is zero impetus to reach a negotiated peace and avert a world-ending war?  It tells you how committed they are to war at any cost.  If this doesn't wake people up to the insanity of these people nothing will and the world is doomed.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1959 on: March 02, 2024, 11:54:17 AM »

Alex goes into the recent release of a 38 min video recording between some senior German AF officers detailing how they want  to blow up the Kerch bridge while avoiding responsibility. German govt then tried to block all social media leaks.

https://youtu.be/VwH1heCMrk0?t=997