Author Topic: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine  (Read 88206 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: The Battle over East vs West (Russia vs Europe) continues in Ukraine
« Reply #1980 on: March 06, 2024, 01:55:04 PM »

I heard a couple things. The new head of ukr army is purging senior officers he believes is loyal to the previous head.

Further, some of the purged defected to Russia w/ their families? That does not sound real to me.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #1981 on: March 07, 2024, 07:47:21 AM »

I heard that Kiev did not prepare any good defensive positions behind adveeka. Russia is advancing but Kev gets in some good licks on occasion.   3 Abrams taken out so far.

All I know is walking into a pocket is stupid...unless you are on a suicide mission with a really big bomb...then its just crazy...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1982 on: March 07, 2024, 07:48:41 AM »
I was mostly asleep for this. He is kinda biased against Russia. He went into Stepan Bandera. Complicated.x

https://youtu.be/qa-wl8_wpZA
 Serhii Plokhy: History of Ukraine, Russia, Soviet Union, KGB, Nazis & War | Lex Fridman Podcast #415
Lex Fridman

409,028 views  Mar 4, 2024  Lex Fridman Podcast
Serhii Plokhy is a Ukrainian historian at Harvard University, director of the Ukrainian Research Institute, and an author of many books on history of Eastern Europe, including his latest book The Russo-Ukrainian War: The Return of History. Please support this podcast by checking out our sponsors:

I heard elsewhere how the NAZI movement took hold in modern Ukr. Most Ukr diaspora were not NAZIs but the NAZIs took over the Ukr diaspora organizations then some returned after USSR. They had an outsized influence in Ukr and things got heated in the 2000s. Further, they networked well inside the Ukr military often underground. An enthusiastic minority can have outsized influence. E.g. 1776 American revolutionaries and 1917 Bolsheviks. IMO NAZI stuff is likely illegal in Poland but not uncommon in Ukr.

I recall the source was on dispatches w  rania khalek, He is some prof now in istanbul but taught in lvov for 5 years. Cyril somebody.

That seems to dovetail with what I understand.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1983 on: March 07, 2024, 03:45:41 PM »

Duran had Tony Shaffer on. He speculated that after resources were discovered (gas etc) in black sea and donbass the US govt planned to start a war to collapse Russia and turn Ukraine into a huge energy source to replace Russian gas.

Nuland has left before and returned. This time it was said, not by her, that she "retired." Maybe that means she was not wanted. I had heard she planned the summer counter offensive. . She may have been fired.

They said that people with a literature background are often in govt and they believe in narratives more than facts.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1984 on: March 07, 2024, 03:51:29 PM »
I was mostly asleep for this. He is kinda biased against Russia. He went into Stepan Bandera. Complicated.x

Serhii Plokhy: History of Ukraine, Russia, Soviet Union, KGB, Nazis & War | Lex Fridman Podcast #415
Lex Fridman

Serhii Plokhy is a Ukrainian historian at Harvard University, director of the Ukrainian Research Institute, and an author of many books on history of Eastern Europe, including his latest book The Russo-Ukrainian War: The Return of History. Please support this podcast by checking out our sponsors:

I heard elsewhere how the NAZI movement took hold in modern Ukr. Most Ukr diaspora were not NAZIs but the NAZIs took over the Ukr diaspora organizations then some returned after USSR. They had an outsized influence in Ukr and things got heated in the 2000s. Further, they networked well inside the Ukr military often underground. An enthusiastic minority can have outsized influence. E.g. 1776 American revolutionaries and 1917 Bolsheviks. IMO NAZI stuff is likely illegal in Poland but not uncommon in Ukr.

I recall the source was on dispatches w  rania khalek, He is some prof now in istanbul but taught in lvov for 5 years. Cyril somebody.

I found the year old video link. He was good. Speaks at least Tussian, Ukrainian, English and taught in Lvov for 5 years.

https://youtu.be/5C7DE2KFJHs
 The Origins of Ukraine’s Fascists & Why It Matters, w/ Historian Tarik Cyril Amar
BreakThrough News

650K subscribers foottapping

340,976 views  Apr 5, 2022  Rania Khalek Dispatches
For those who just discovered Ukraine two months ago, the fact that Ukrainian nationalism has been dangerously intertwined with fascism might sound like Russian propaganda. But is it?

How powerful is the Ukrainian far right? Are they really linked to Nazis? Why is the corporate-owned media denying this?

To place this war and the Ukrainian far right in its historical context, Rania Khalek was joined by Tarik Cyril Amar, a historian from Germany, who is currently associate professor of history at Koc University in Istanbul, working on Russian, Ukrainian, and generally East European history.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1985 on: March 07, 2024, 04:24:47 PM »

I heard that Zelensky met with the maritime drone operators who sunk the Russian ship to give them medals. He was tracked somehow by the Russians. They sent in missiles after he left. He claimed they tried to kill him. The military is not happy.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1986 on: March 07, 2024, 04:44:08 PM »
At 14:30 Ritter speaks of another Ukr diplomat who spoke about the Istanbul peace talks and about Putin. Less than one  minute.

https://youtu.be/hk8K27WHRew?t=867
WARRIOR UPDATE WITH SCOTT RITTER EPISODE 58 - NULAND BITES THE DUST - NATO THREATS

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1987 on: March 08, 2024, 08:19:19 AM »

Lex Fridman

I found the year old video link. He was good. Speaks at least Tussian, Ukrainian, English and taught in Lvov for 5 years.

https://youtu.be/5C7DE2KFJHs
 The Origins of Ukraine’s Fascists & Why It Matters, w/ Historian Tarik Cyril Amar
BreakThrough News

650K subscribers foottapping

340,976 views  Apr 5, 2022  Rania Khalek Dispatches
For those who just discovered Ukraine two months ago, the fact that Ukrainian nationalism has been dangerously intertwined with fascism might sound like Russian propaganda. But is it?

How powerful is the Ukrainian far right? Are they really linked to Nazis? Why is the corporate-owned media denying this?

To place this war and the Ukrainian far right in its historical context, Rania Khalek was joined by Tarik Cyril Amar, a historian from Germany, who is currently associate professor of history at Koc University in Istanbul, working on Russian, Ukrainian, and generally East European history.

People in the Western lands have a much better role model to honor than some fascist asshole...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_of_Galicia

They chose poorly.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1988 on: March 08, 2024, 08:33:26 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/putin-f-thug-sparks-fly-during-zerohedge-ukraine-debate

Putin is a thug?  WGAFF?

Every US President negotiated with every punk-ass Soviet thug, every puking-dog Commie Premier in Red China and sealed deals with thugs in North Korea and thugs all over the damned place.  A stateman makes peace with thugs, especially if they can nuke you 10 times over...any moron can negotiate with friends...

And the cheerwhores for the Uke meatgrinder cannot see that there is no satisfactory way to win this militarily without escalating to nuclear exchange...and it is they sho should be challenged to prove why risking that makes any fracking sense...

So tired of these America-last bastards...

They cannot see the need for Europe to stand up for itself for once in their miserable lives or how much we need to decouple from them and leave their bullsh*t to them so we can fix the hideous mess the Biden Obamians made of America...

If we don't get our own sh*t together the whole damn thing collapses...why don't idiots like Joe Walsh understand that?!

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #1989 on: March 08, 2024, 09:51:57 AM »
"Reduce the world population to 500 million"  Georgia Guide-stones

Does it make sense now??
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #1990 on: March 08, 2024, 10:23:55 AM »
Should have said "by" instead of "to" and meant the totalitarians...

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1991 on: March 08, 2024, 02:31:21 PM »
A debate on Ukr?
I have noticed that the pro Ukr war people almost never talk  about people, just boundaries.
What do the people in the areas currently being fought over want?
If they were honest they would say they do not care if they are all slaughtered.
What would have happened if Russia had not invaded?
I have heard the Kiev faction soldiers say they were shelling the east to drive the subhuman Russian off their sacred land, meaning the civilians. Apparently because Lenin named the SSR Ukraine means that only Ukrainian speakers can live there.

I am ignorant about Kosovo and the history there. I do not want to see them all slaughtered or driven off the land and I am not a fan of the Albanians and hear that they like to burn Christian churches. Most people in US feel the same way.

The US govt and MSM almost never talk about what the people in the Donbass or Crimea want even though the data is available.

This war would not have happened if people in Ukr were allowed parental choice in language for  children and use in govt , maybe by region, local elections for governors etc, freedom of religion, and swear off NATO. Much of that is required for EU members and was the status quo before the Ukr govt drank the NAZI cool aid.

This is the first war I recall where social media was everywhere. I used to pay attention to what people in all factions said. IMO the Kiev faction have very vile racial superiority thoughts and actions toward Russians going way back.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1992 on: March 09, 2024, 03:19:07 PM »

https://t.me/EurasianChoice/35338
🇫🇷🇲🇩 FRANCE SIGNS DEFENSE DEAL WITH MOLDOVA, TO "SUPPORT IT AGAINST RUSSIAN AGGRESSION" - announces mainstream media (article above), claiming deal comes amid Russian threats such as Russia-aligned region of Transnistria asking for Moscow’s protection (https://t.me/IntelRepublic/34575).

With Macron's warmongering Russia reaching madness levels (https://t.me/IntelRepublic/34944), deal will include deployment of French military in Moldova, as well as training and weapons programs, to "unwaveringly support independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity” of country. 🤔

Paris will also invest in Moldovan energy projects and natural resources.

Hmm, sounds like Neocolonialism, but go on.  🤑🤑

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1993 on: March 09, 2024, 05:02:49 PM »

I wonder why CNN is reporting this now? Not anti Russian. Not sure the summary matches the language.
You can find lots of similar examples going way back but never shown on western TV.

https://t.me/ZradaXXII/31842
"They are hiding behind the backs of civilians": CNN was unexpectedly told the truth about the Russian-Ukrainian conflict

An American journalist talked to civilians in the city of Chasov Yar, who said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces were approaching houses and using civilians as human shields. Another person admitted that his relatives live in Russia.

The reporter came to the conclusion that that the people living in the town are “ok that Russia comes”.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1994 on: March 09, 2024, 05:07:21 PM »

https://t.me/Slavyangrad/91042
“We expected the Russians to slaughter us, but they fed us”

A resident of Staromlinovka tells how the AFU were scaring the locals with the arrival of Russian troops.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1995 on: March 09, 2024, 06:24:05 PM »
I used to see more of these. This one is not so bad. Some people loyal to Kiev fled Donbass to the west then get treated like dirt. Some are refused food aid if they cannot speak Ukrainian. Some returned back east.

https://t.me/UkraineHumanRightsAbuses/49382
??in Lvov local nationalists abused a refugee from Donbass who unfortunately seek refuge in western Ukraine, they accused her of not being a refugee and of having brought the war with her.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1996 on: March 10, 2024, 03:06:50 PM »

The pettiness of some govts amazes me.

https://t.me/beboandfriends/199666
🇱🇻 In Latvia, a television technician has been arrested for helping local residents tune into Russian channels blocked in the country, as reported by Delfi citing local police.

Police conducted searches at the suspect's place and seized equipment for receiving and transmitting television signals. According to the authorities, a man born in 1975 provided services to at least 181 residents of Latvia.

He is facing charges under Article 280 of the Latvian Criminal Code, which relates to engaging in entrepreneurial activity subject to special restrictions. He could be sentenced to up to three years in prison.

Those who had Russian channels installed by him could face fines of up to 700 euros.

In 2022, all Russian television channels were banned in Latvia until "Russia returns the Ukrainian territories."

🔴 @DDGeopolitics

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1997 on: March 10, 2024, 03:08:40 PM »
I remember when the USSR used to block western TV and radio signals.

Also, I read that Kiev just allocated X millions to block Russian TV/radio signals in Odessa, and some other cities. Petty.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 03:38:39 PM by patentlymn »

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1998 on: March 10, 2024, 03:29:21 PM »

Every sanction against Russia cuts both ways.
https://t.me/ForeignAgentIntel/9646
Finnish municipality of Virolahti disappears due to closed borders with Russia.

The Finnish municipality of Virolahti, located near the border with Russia, is proposed to be merged with the city of Hamina in the same province due to the worsening situation after the closure of the checkpoint.

Due to the closure of its borders with Russia, the Finnish municipality of Virolahti is empty and its economy is deteriorating, so authorities are considering ways to maintain its viability.

Thus, the head of the Department of Local Self-Government and Regional Affairs of the Ministry of Finance of Finland, Minn-Marja Jokinen, believes that the unification of municipalities can ensure the viability of the border region in the future. This is important, she said, because these areas play an important role in particular in ensuring Finland's preparedness and readiness. At the same time, Jokinen said that the merger itself will not solve municipal issues, but it provides more chances for development.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #1999 on: March 10, 2024, 08:43:00 PM »

I have seen maybe 50 videos like this but seldom post them. Ukr troops staying in a school. If Russia kits them they ignore the troops part and report on the school as a war crime.

https://t.me/heilukraine1959/8465
🇺🇦 Another school occupied by Ukrainian Nazis for personnel accommodation

And then Ukrainian fighters whine that they are being hit with Kalibrs and Geraniums.

Some Canadian merc fought for Kiev. He said he was glad he was not fighting Americans because they rode in trains with civilians and bunked in a church.