Author Topic: Blammocare could force THOUSANDS of volunteer fire departments to close  (Read 604 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Blammo: "My fellow Americans, PHUCK you!"

'A public safety disaster': Obamacare could force THOUSANDS of volunteer fire departments to close

The Affordable Care Act forces companies with more than 50 workers to buy them all health insurance or pay hefty fines

The IRS says volunteer firefighters are 'employees,' even though the Department of Labor says they're 'volunteers'

Out of more than 1 million fire departments in the U.S., 87 per cent are staffed entirely or mostly by life-saving volunteers

Members of Congress are weighing in, but the Obama administration hasn't taken any action yet to carve out a fire-fighting exception

By DAVID MARTOSKO, U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR
PUBLISHED: 15:58 EST, 9 December 2013 | UPDATED: 23:11 EST, 9 December 2013

Volunteer fire departments all across the U.S. could find themselves out of money and unable to operate unless Congress or the Obama Administration exempts them from the Affordable Care Act.

'I thought the kinks were worked out of Obamacare at the first of the month, Central Florida volunteer firefighter Carl Fabrizi told Sunshine State News.

'Man, oh, man, this could potentially destroy some real good companies in Florida.'

The U.S. Department of Labor takes the term 'volunteer' literally, but the IRS says volunteer firefighters are technically employees if they're on the job more than 30 hours per week, making them subject to Obamacare's employee-mandate rules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2520979/Obamacare-mandates-set-shutter-THOUSANDS-volunteer-departments.html
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Blammocare could force THOUSANDS of volunteer fire departments to close
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »
Just a wild-assed guess...but the punk-ass wannabe-dictator will merely issue an executive order...problem solved...one way or another...

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »
I believe this was part of the plan from the beginning.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 07:24:06 AM »
I don't give them the benefit wisdom not earned, ever, but I do think they think in terms of options, like if "A" fails we go to "B" or "C"...with "B" and "C" being ever more extra-legal in character.  It is their mode, it has not changed for more than half a century or more.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.