Author Topic: A Social Network Christmas  (Read 953 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
A Social Network Christmas
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
Cool beyond words.

A Social Network Christmas
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A Social Network Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
Very nice. Normally I can pinpoint why things bring a tear to my eye. This doesn't fit my tear-evoking mold, but it brought them nonetheless.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »
Very nice. Normally I can pinpoint why things bring a tear to my eye. This doesn't fit my tear-evoking mold, but it brought them nonetheless.

I was laughing...I think at the creativity & simultaneously tearing up. Our monthly Men's Breakfast features a man of the Bible lesson after the meal. Joseph was the lesson last Saturday. I knew he was publicly embarrassed - but was unaware that he was an educated priest & uber up on Jewish & Torah law & as a result, cast out of his role within the priesthood as well as falling severely in social status (and Mary branded a whore). Mary's fate could have included stoning along with her seducer...until  an angel in a dream revealed to him the source of the pregnancy. Then he firmly stood by Mary despite the "unfriending" (due to the highly improbable story).

Just because we're called to serve God's plan...doesn't mean it'll be easy.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »
The angel answered: "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you.  So the Holy One to be born will be called the 'Son of GOD'.
                                                                            Luke 1:35  NIV
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:27:31 PM »

I was laughing...I think at the creativity & simultaneously tearing up. Our monthly Men's Breakfast features a man of the Bible lesson after the meal. Joseph was the lesson last Saturday. I knew he was publicly embarrassed - but was unaware that he was an educated priest & uber up on Jewish & Torah law & as a result, cast out of his role within the priesthood as well as falling severely in social status (and Mary branded a whore). Mary's fate could have included stoning along with her seducer...until  an angel in a dream revealed to him the source of the pregnancy. Then he firmly stood by Mary despite the "unfriending" (due to the highly improbable story).

Just because we're called to serve God's plan...doesn't mean it'll be easy.

And so it was and so it will be. *sigh*
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 11:32:57 PM »

Because it used modern means to make it real?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »
Yeah...That was cool.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

Because it used modern means to make it real?

I'm not sure Pan. These days, among the things that bring a tear to my eye most readily are things that seem to be blessings from God, or inspired by Him. Whether the goodness of a human act of kindness, poignant scenes in film or stage, innocence of children, obvious God-given artistic/musical talent, beautiful dance...

I guess when my heart tells me I'm seeing the hand of God at work, I am filled with emotion.

So I suppose in some quirky way, this video touched that in me, unexpectedly. I think that it was inspired by God.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson