Author Topic: The Black Death makes an appearance in Madagascar  (Read 914 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Black Death makes an appearance in Madagascar
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »
Coming soon to our inner cities, now beset by bedbugs.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »

Bedbugs are also in the finest hotels and motels throughout the country.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »
 ::exitstageleft::

I'll sleep in the car!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 11:45:50 PM »

Swear to God.  Saw a tv commercial here in NJ for a company that deals with 'em.  'Course, DDT not included in the "cure", I'm sure.

Too bad Rachel Carson's dead; I'd wish an infestation on her and hers.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »

Swear to God.  Saw a tv commercial here in NJ for a company that deals with 'em.  'Course, DDT not included in the "cure", I'm sure.

Too bad Rachel Carson's dead; I'd wish an infestation on her and hers.

DC would make a swell incubator! 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 01:28:01 AM »
Yeah lots of things are making comebacks, and the most frustrating part about it is that it's entirely due to idiotic policy. There is no cure for bedbugs now. They are virtually impervious to normal insecticides. DDT was the only thing that truly worked. This whole zero tolerance mindset is the hallmark of brainless bureaucracy. There is no reason DDT could not be brought back for limited, specific applications. We're not talking about it being used in mass application on farmland, we're talking about it being used to eliminate infestations in buildings. But no. Those people will just have to be driven out of their homes after blowing tens of thousands of dollars on ineffective abatement. Just another sacrifice on the altar of Gaia.

There has to be a sensible balance, but there's not. The environmentalists are strident, totally inflexible, and yet public policy almost invariably kowtows to their every demand. Engineering marvels of the past, like the Hoover Dam or the Golden Gate Bridge, would never get built now. And these were things that went from blueprints to completely built in just a few years. These days engineering projects spend far longer just on various environmental studies. I get that it's important to figure out if a project is going to have some large negative impact, but there's no balance. The most productive farmland in the country, in California's central valley, is drying up because they're dismantling irrigation for some minnow. A bridge on NC's Outer Banks is closed due to structural instability -- it's 50 years old and already 20 years beyond its anticipated lifespan, because all efforts to replace it have been stymied by environmental groups. So residents are now cut off from the mainland (i.e. hospitals and other critical infrastructure) and forced to rely on an emergency ferry route as an alternative.

Why does nobody have the balls to tell the Watermelons that they can't always have everything tailored to their ridiculous demands?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:17:01 AM »
Why does nobody have the balls to tell the Watermelons that they can't always have everything tailored to their ridiculous demands?

Many of us have the balls to do that, and we do it every chance we get. But our protests fall on deaf ears. We need a MAJOR infestation of some pest that severely affects libs to even hope for any change.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.