Author Topic: Indiana Senate panel approves pro-life bill  (Read 2721 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Indiana Senate panel approves pro-life bill
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 12:28:16 AM »
Your tale speaks to me as well, my friend.  As you say, all is not cut and dried and since all I required is an acknowledgement that, despite the "progressive" push to abort at will, there are a few real issues to weigh, I yield the floor.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 07:33:25 AM »
Until someone can show me otherwise, I believe 99.99% of all abortions are for cosmetic purposes.
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
I'm sure there are the rare legitimate health of the mother exceptions, the ectopic cases such as Pan mentions.  But the exceptions are driven by a real medical need, they are not a personal choice to terminate a pregnancy by hiding behind the health provision.  What is their health reason?  I don't want this extra weight?  I'm just so stressed out, gosh, make this all go away?  All of this could be avoided if such statutes were amended to contain language like "in the case of a womans legitimate medical need (such as an ectopic pregnancy)", right?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.