Author Topic: The Obama economy kills another business- Mine:(  (Read 1994 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
The Obama economy kills another business- Mine:(
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:56:46 PM »
Made a tough decision today. 

I am closing my little business down next week.   

I was hoping I would make it to the next president so things would hopefully improve, as someone with some business sense would take up residence at 1600.     However going over the books,  there is no way that possible anymore.  Next years start up expenses are due.    I just don't have the money,  it's bankrupt.   It's have been in the red for a while now,  as business dried up as the recession depression continues.     

Even though housing and real estate is a bit better then it was (I am a realtor,  well until next week anyway) the hole has been dug,  and the growth is too slow and too late.    In January mortgages will be harder (Again!,  thanks for nothing Frank-Dodd) for people to get,  so the little growth will probably fall back away.   Thankfully,  no one works for me,  so at least I won't be laying anyone off just before Christmas.   Well,  besides me.   

I don't know what's next.  Have no idea what I will be doing in January.   Time will tell I guess. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: The Obama economy kills another business- Mine:(
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »
Hate to hear that. Hope something comes your way. ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 03:28:28 PM »
So sorry to hear that Rich.
Sending up a prayer on your behalf.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
Sorry to hear it, Rich.  It's said, one door closes and another opens.

Cold comfort, I know, but I've found it to be true.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that Rich,

but  its coming to all of us.
Get the welfare set up and sponge till its over.

Its not just Obamacare caught in the death spiral. Its the economy itself. They will have to print more and more of their own revenue, with more and more people relaying on their outlays  till the dollar goes.  And then the real fun begins

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
Rich, I'm sorry to hear that, Rich.  And I know what you're going through because I've walked in your shoes.

But, in the words of that wise old philosopher, Rocky Balboa:

"It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up."

You're special and won't be kept down.
It will sting for a while, but you'll get the itch again.

People who have only been employees don't understand us

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
Rich, I'm sorry to hear that, Rich.  And I know what you're going through because I've walked in your shoes.

But, in the words of that wise old philosopher, Rocky Balboa:

"It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up."

You're special and won't be kept down.
It will sting for a while, but you'll get the itch again.

People who have only been employees don't understand us

Happened to me, too. Not lately, but it happened.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
Sorry to hear the misfortune. Move to DC. I hear the govt is going to start selling it off very shortly, they can't prop it up much longer. The white House use to be historic but now it's a representation of a dictator.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 11:19:24 AM »
Really sorry to hear that. Prayers sent for ya
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
thanks everybody.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »
I too am sorry to hear that, Rich. I have more friends & church acquaintances who are respective industry experts...and out of work. Keep the entrepreneurial spirit alive - and another opportunity will arise.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 05:32:31 AM »
"Courage is the ability to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
- W. S. Churchill
Nothing really helps but I saw this and it seemed like it could be helpful

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
"Courage is the ability to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
- W. S. Churchill

And many successes have come after a series of failures from which great lessons were learned. God bless you.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
- W. S. Churchill

And many successes have come after a series of failures from which great lessons were learned. God bless you.

Ditto!

Love that Winston quote.

And here I thought HARP was the magic wand for continued market success.  Not very funny how the good intentions of our not-very betters bites us in the behind time and time again.

Prayers for you and yours Rich!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
I've heard it said that the average millionaire fails 3.5 times.
I can't remember if I'm working on my .5 and the coast is now clear or not

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
Sorry Rich.... As a business owner, I feel your pain. I don't mind hard work but my job is not as enjoyable as in the past and it is directly related to this economy, an economy that doesn't appear to get any better, which means neither will my enjoyment.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 11:04:23 PM »
so sorry...
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 11:08:50 PM »
Sorry, Rich. Things will pick up, though. They have to get better.  ::angel::   ::praying::
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:54 PM »
I just said a prayer for you Rich, and you will be in my prayers from here on out.   ::praying::
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
I am with you in spirit, Rich. The last five years have been brutal for me. Prior to 2008 my company was growing and expanding. At the beginning of 2008 that changed and I began laying people off. I let the last of my employees go in January of 2009 and I have been on my own since then. Of course, I still had the overhead expenses of a larger company (debt) with the income of a now sole proprietorship. I decided to not screw my creditors by filing bankruptcy and instead took on more debt to keep things going. It has been a very difficult time but I am now emerging from the darkness.

The problem for me now is twofold: The employment picture has changed drastically...unemployment is through the roof due to years and years of the government subsidizing deadbeats and workers' comp is also outrageously expensive. This means that hiring anyone is out of the question. The only way that I can get help is to subcontract workers and let them take care of their own payroll expenses. The second issue, though, is worse...finding anyone who is 1) qualified to work for me and 2) wants to work. Sadly, most people out there aren't interested in working anymore. The benefits to being unemployed and on the dole are a lot for some people to leave behind. So even though I could use to hire a person or two it is not easy to do so.

I am afraid that we are all going to have to wait for an end to "fundamental change" before things start to really look up. We are all in a holding pattern...we are all playing prevent defense and just hanging in there.

I hope that you can emerge from this trial in something approaching good shape.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.