Author Topic: UK Sandwich Shop Owner Arrested for Mandela Joke  (Read 858 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
UK Sandwich Shop Owner Arrested for Mandela Joke
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:49:38 PM »
UK Sandwich Shop Owner Arrested for Mandela Joke
December 9, 2013 by Daniel Greenfield 28 Comments

A sandwich shop owner endured eight hours of questioning by police and had his computer seized for three weeks – after making tasteless Nelson Mandela jokes on the internet.

Neil Phillips, who runs Crumbs in Rugeley, Staffordshire, says he was also finger-printed and DNA-swabbed after officers received complaints about what he insists were harmless gags.

In one online post, the 44-year-old wrote: ‘My PC takes so long to shut down I’ve decided to call it Nelson Mandela.’ (My personal remark:  ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: )

‘When they took my computer, I thought, “what the hell are they looking for?” To be questioned would have been over the top, never mind arrested.’

You can question the taste, but they’re not hateful. I told the police they got plenty of “likes”. What happened to freedom of speech?

What did happen to freedom of speech? The left happened to it. And it did to freedom of speech what it does to everything else.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/uk-sandwich-shop-owner-arrested-for-mandela-joke/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=uk-sandwich-shop-owner-arrested-for-mandela-joke
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: UK Sandwich Shop Owner Arrested for Mandela Joke
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:05:16 PM »
I heard a good Mandela joke.

President Obama walks into a funeral parlor & eulogizes Mandela, saying what a great leader he was and an inspiration. He goes on to say that he wishes he could walk the very same path as Mandela just did...and, like a sign from God, is struck dead as he speaks...allowing for him to be buried alongside his communist-backing hero.

::hysterical:: Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ;D -ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha- ::danceban:: ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ::laughonfloor:: -ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha  ::whoohoo::
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.