Author Topic: Is Palin prepping for a 3rd party run?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Is Palin prepping for a 3rd party run?
« on: December 16, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »
If you recall, the "Corrupt Bastards Club" was the self-designated name of the Alaska GOP backslapping themselves for their cleverness.

She's talking about GOP congressional leadership. Corrupt Bastards. That's strong language.

I think she sees the writing on the wall, and is preparing to offer an alternative.

D.C.'s 'Corrupt Bastards Club'
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Is Palin prepping for a 3rd party run?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 12:20:16 PM »
If you recall, the "Corrupt Bastards Club" was the self-designated name of the Alaska GOP backslapping themselves for their cleverness.

She's talking about GOP congressional leadership. Corrupt Bastards. That's strong language.

I think she sees the writing on the wall, and is preparing to offer an alternative.

D.C.'s 'Corrupt Bastards Club'

Not strong enough language for me, but it will have to suffice for now.

I hope there is a high-profile effort to circumvent the GOP, because right now the reasons for going to the polls are not particularly attractive right now for millions of us.  Our usual fears that it is too little too late withstanding.  Would like to see these ruling class jackasses in the GOP get egg on their faces before they get their faces tore off...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 12:27:01 PM »
That's two month's old.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
That's two month's old.

So it is. Well, doesn't change much in he speculation department. Can't miss her open disgust with the party leadership.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »
That's two month's old.

So it is. Well, doesn't change much in he speculation department. Can't miss her open disgust with the party leadership.

A sentiment I share.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
I think Sarah is a hard core Republican and would never run outside the party.
I would think she sees the need to reform them not kill them

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
I think Sarah is a hard core Republican and would never run outside the party.
I would think she sees the need to reform them not kill them

Reforming? Not a chance. That'd take decades, even if it could be done.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:30 PM »

[/quote]So it is. Well, doesn't change much in he speculation department. Can't miss her open disgust with the party leadership.
[/quote]

A sentiment I share.
[/quote]

I'll second that also.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »

[/quote]

A sentiment I share.[/quote]

As do I. The once great Republican party is an embarrassment to all patriots and to the active, retired and veteran members of all of our military services.

I'll second that also.
[/quote]
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:03:54 PM »
In the past, I didn't want to see a 3rd party candidate because it always hurt republicans...But today, I would embrace a Palin 3rd party run. I need a conservative outlet to cast my vote and I would love to see how many votes she can pull. If the republican party is ever going to wake up, it needs a catalyst. A good start would be for Palin to run 3rd party and get more votes than a chris Christie. Yea, the dems would win because of it, but who cares.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:34 PM »
I don't see her as a leader, especially if she hasn't followed up on that.  I could see her as part of something led by a Ted Cruz type, though.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 11:25:07 PM »
I don't see her as a leader, especially if she hasn't followed up on that.  I could see her as part of something led by a Ted Cruz type, though.

There are so few I would actually cast a vote.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 07:46:24 AM »
In the past, I didn't want to see a 3rd party candidate because it always hurt republicans...But today, I would embrace a Palin 3rd party run. I need a conservative outlet to cast my vote and I would love to see how many votes she can pull. If the republican party is ever going to wake up, it needs a catalyst. A good start would be for Palin to run 3rd party and get more votes than a chris Christie. Yea, the dems would win because of it, but who cares.

Yes, because if Christie gets the nomination the Dem (Hillary probably) would win anyway, so why not send the message to the GOP they are DOA?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 07:53:52 AM »

Cruz is not eleigible.  He might be Obama-eligible, but two errors don't make a right.

Personally, I'd like to see Palin at the top of a third party ticket with a fiesty liberty-loving ass-kicker like Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady (MOH winner and critic of military purges) being tapped as Veep.

Then, let's see how the votes go...assuming free and fair elections are even possible anymore.

But the result aside, the prime benefit would be in staking out differences with both Republican and Democrats, which are after all just centrist and far-left progressives, as well as speeding the demise of the useless GOP and putting markers down for America's post-collapse rebuilding team.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »
I have my issues with Palin, but in balance, I like her.
There is no doubt of her love of country and passion
She has baggage with the resignation. Not with me but it would be an issue
I think she's a conservative libber.
She has supported women when a more conservative man was available.

She looks to be hawkish.
I've noticed this in her, Bachmann, even Hillary.
It's like they have to show they have balls

As far as Cruz's eligibility, we've crossed that Rubicon already. Actually, several times.
Right now, that is the least of our worries.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
Not as willing to chuck the Constitution under the bus...but I understand the argument.

Frankly I think political solutions to our serious problems are wholly inadequate to extricate ourselves from so much unconstitutional and institutional detritus.

But heck, what else would we talk about?  Anything serious left over after that is exhausted is of the   ::lalanotlistening::  variety!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
Not as willing to chuck the Constitution under the bus...but I understand the argument.

Oh, so you're the one that still hangs on that old rag?

(just kidding)

(I think)

If Palin runs she will lose. That said, if she runs I will throw in with her.

I spent the summer and fall supporting and campaigning for an outlier candidate. He lost. Why did he run? Because he is a good man who wanted to fix some of the corruption that exists within our community. We couldn't overcome the corruption. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »

Oh, so you're the one that still hangs on that old rag?

(just kidding)

(I think)

If Palin runs she will lose. That said, if she runs I will throw in with her.

I spent the summer and fall supporting and campaigning for an outlier candidate. He lost. Why did he run? Because he is a good man who wanted to fix some of the corruption that exists within our community. We couldn't overcome the corruption. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

Yeah.  Stubborness could explain it to.   ;D

We do what we do, because we believe it is right.