Author Topic: Invisibility  (Read 974 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Invisibility
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:11 PM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Invisibility
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »
Has huge potential IMO...
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 06:45:01 AM »
The $100 instructions - http://www.rochester.edu/newscenter/watch-rochester-cloak-uses-ordinary-lenses-to-hide-objects-across-continuous-range-of-angles-70592/

Now.  How do I make myself invisible?  I'm going to need bigger lenses!   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:22:25 AM »
That's pretty cool.  I remember a few years ago reading about a Japanese scientist who developed an actual cloak that you could wear.  It was based on fiber optic threads bending light from one side of the body around to the other side.  Optical tricks like this can work pretty convincingly under perfect demonstration conditions.  Maybe one day they'll come up with a true invisibility cloak.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
Anything that crosses the focal point is not invisible but is actually magnified.  Also, if the focal lengths of the 4 lenses get disturbed there is no more invisibility.   Not quite invisibility, but I would assume that at some point with specially shaped lenses fixed objects can become invisible from a certain viewing direction.
Eschew Obfuscation