Author Topic: Presidential Trivia - Game  (Read 56563 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Presidential Trivia - Game
« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2014, 12:52:03 PM »
By what measure could either of them be worse than Barry? 

Neither one comes close to the stench that is Øbongo. All I was saying was that Pierce was widely regarded at the time of being the worst to-date.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
AttaBoy Soup --- Franklin Pierce is the soothsayer of that sentence.

As stated, Pierce was considered terrible partially caused be drinking which finally was the cause of his death [cirrhosis of the liver].  Buchanan took that claim from him, then was relieved by Warren Harding.  I do believe that the current thing to reside at 1600 will hold the title for hundreds of years to come, hands down.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »

As stated, Pierce was considered terrible partially caused be drinking which finally was the cause of his death [cirrhosis of the liver].  Buchanan took that claim from him, then was relieved by Warren Harding.  I do believe that the current thing to reside at 1600 will hold the title for hundreds of years to come, hands down.
Comparitively, Warren Harding was NOT a bad president.  His success in fighting off a recession and preventing a depression makes Obongo, Carter, Ford, etc, look like sniveling children, in weakness and incompetence. He SHOWED how to cure economic problems, while they all perpetuated them.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #383 on: July 22, 2014, 06:38:58 AM »

Comparitively, Warren Harding was NOT a bad president.  His success in fighting off a recession and preventing a depression makes Obongo, Carter, Ford, etc, look like sniveling children, in weakness and incompetence. He SHOWED how to cure economic problems, while they all perpetuated them.

No Harding was not that bad...and unlike Clinton he kept his libido in check once he entered the White House, sure before then he referred to his manpart as "Jerry" in love letters to his mistress while Governor, but he had more respect for the office than most...and I like Smilin' Cal who came after him, he is underrated, and may have had the most common sense of any of that era and then some...and even Hoover gets a bad wrap for the depression but he didn't cause it but he did make it worse by injecting more government, and then that prick FDR came along and made Hoover look like a statist wannabe!

And no, in the pantheon of worst of the worst, Obama will be number one hands down...followed by whatever order of losers you wish to pick!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #384 on: July 22, 2014, 07:14:48 AM »
I mentioned Harding only after doing the research, on the first 42 presidents lives, that I did for a gift to my grandkids.  Attempting to get a fairly good cross reference, after reading the polls of;
Schlesinger 1948-1962 / Murray-Blessing survey of 846 historians in 1982 / Chicago Tribune poll 1982 / Siena 1982,1990,1944, & 2002 poll / Ridings-McIver 1996 poll / C-Span 1999 poll / Wall Street Journal 2000,2005 poll / and a popular opinion done through Washington College poll, I totalled their findings and divided by 8 for an average.

I posted this before, but here are those results - personally I don't agree with all ......

1.   Abraham Lincoln                [ranked without finishing 2nd term]
2.   George Washington           [both were less than .01% difference]
3.   Franklin Roosevelt
4.   Thomas Jefferson
5.   Theodore Roosevelt
6.   Ronald Reagan
7.   Harry S. Truman
8.   Andrew Jackson
9.   Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. James K. Polk
11. John Adams
12. John F. Kennedy             [ranked without finishing term]
13. James Madison
14. Woodrow Wilson
15. James Monroe
16. Grover Cleveland             [non-consecutive term, ranked together]
17. William McKinley              [ranked not finishing 2nd term]
18. John Quincy Adams
19. William Howard Taft
20. George W. Bush            [ ranked after only 1 term]
21. Martin VanBuren 
22. Rutherford B. Hayes
23. George H.W. Bush
24. Lyndon Baines Johnson
25. Chester Arthur
26. Gerald R. Ford                 [ranked not having full term]
27. Herbert Hoover
28. Benjamin Harrison
29. Calvin Coolidge
30. Richard Nixon                  [ranked even though resigning 2nd term]
31. Zachery Taylor
32. James E. Carter
33. William J. Clinton
34. John Tyler
35. Millard Fillmore
36. Ulysses S. Grant
37. James Garfield                           [ranked but did not serve full term]
38. Andrew Johnson
39. Franklin Pierce
40. James Buchanan
41. William Henry Harrison                 [ranked but only served 30 days]
42. Warren G. Harding

All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2014, 07:29:46 AM »
That ranking is based on educational brainwashing.
FDR and Teddy?

and Lincoln may have been one of the worst.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2014, 08:06:07 AM »
Many in the South might disagree with Lincoln and I can understand that.  To me he is a mixed bag, on the one hand he did not start the Civil War that began a long long time ago...if the Founders could have passed something under Washington to set an end date for slavery the issue could have been avoided, and the right of secession could be in operation today without the stigma of slavery.  He was one of the most gifted writers and speakers ever to occupy the Presidency.  The South rejected the Corwin Amendment that would have secured salvery where it existed, but obviously they wanted expansion and saw it as the best means of exerting control over the North.  Once Union victory was within reach that proposed Amendment was scrapped, but it was made moot by the Emancipation Proclamation anyway.  Repsonding to Southerners firing on Fort Sumter and trying to hold the union together cannot be much of a surprise reaction by anybody.  The practice of slavery is barbaric and it tainted the South's cause, providing cover for the excesses of his reign...notably the Revenue Act of 1861 that created the first Federal income tax, the military draft, the Confiscation Acts (which arguably could be looked at as the first of many acts detrimental to private ownership as it gives the government the authority to determine what is or is not proper), the creation of paper money (introduction of fiat, not in of itself bad, but once the 1913 FRA came along the games began and then Nixon removing the gold standard made the Fed the unchallenged master puppetmaster) and one could argue setting up an Ag Dept set the stage for government intervention in farming which really it didn't need to meddle with, they could have limited their role to marketing American goods abroad and not needed to establish a new bureaucracy, but bureaucracy was born here and never ceased growing from here on out!  This is when the executive began to become imperial, which is ironic given that Lincoln initially saw his role in much the same way as the Whigs had, let Congress legislate, let the courts limit and let the executive manage.  But management took on a whole new meaning because of the war, so in that regard the South cannot be held blameless for helping to create the Federal monster.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2014, 09:06:56 AM »
As stated - I don't agree with all....... with that said, I looked at the project I did for my grandkids as being as impartial as possible without a personal slant.  That is one reason I was very happy I finished it before the thing at 1600 was elected.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #388 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
Please name the only President to be attacked by a "killer rabbit" that penetrated secret service protection as it swam with malicious intent toward an unarmed Commander in Chief who had to fend of the attack with a canoe paddle.

For the answer (on the honor system) follow the link below to the attached newspaper account.

"Killer rabbit"

Confirmation links -

Wabbit 1

Wabbit 2

::hysterical::   ::rolllaughing::   ::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2015, 12:55:45 PM »
Carter.  I didn't even have to peek.

/two days older than dirt.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #390 on: July 23, 2015, 01:15:24 PM »
You get the cookie.

Seriously, I can't give you one, you gotta get it yourself.   ;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #391 on: July 23, 2015, 03:56:20 PM »
Carter.  I didn't even have to peek.

/two days older than dirt.

Heck, that was '79. I have socks older than that! ;')

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #392 on: July 23, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »
I have socks older than your socks.   ::evilbat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »
My socks don't last anywhere near that long!  lol!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
Whatever happened to old Rusty

Haven't seen him in a long time

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »
Must be in the forest with the lion and the scarecrow.  :)

But seriously, don't know hope all is OK.

Trap has been gone a while too.  ?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »
  Admins have you sent up a flare ? ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
Yes.  A few.  Here and emails.  No response from trap.  I don't know what to think.

About Rusty, he pm'd me in August to say he was having to pull the plug for a while because of work and a heavy load in a class he was taking.  He wished us "nice folks" well and thanked us for putting up with him.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:42:12 PM by Pandora »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
  It's all you can do. Trap is surprising me I would have thought he would let us know if something was up.  Hope all is well.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2015, 09:25:10 PM »
I have never played 'Presidential Trivia' before - but here's a question (see attached graphic).

Which a-hole, masquerading as the POTUS [code-name 'Biotch-Boy'], who regularly gets down on his knees with Reggie Love & uses hemorrhoid ointment to offset his unusually high homosexual activity in the Oval Office has had a suicide graphic bearing his image Tweeted by the Iranian Ayatollah?

BONUS Question: which member of this board would be overjoyed if the president in question actually committed suicide & blew his effing Muslim/Marxist brains out all over the Rose Garden???????????
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.