Author Topic: Salon publishes lame "Hilter's gun control was a myth"!  (Read 679 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Salon publishes lame "Hilter's gun control was a myth"!
« on: September 19, 2014, 03:03:22 AM »
Salon published a lame and laughable (and quite incorrect) article claiming Hitlers draconian gun control laws of 1938 were,,,,,,,,a myth.   Since conservatives and libertarians often point to the results of Hitler's strict gun control as an point against them,  liberals must once again rewrite history.   They claim it was the  "loosening" of gun laws even using the word "deregulation" to describe it,   ugh.   They dismiss that it banned whole segments of the German population from even owning guns (like Jews),  and try to deflect that gun control is misused everywhere it is used.  Just because Hitler misused gun control,  its not all bad they say.......

Like gun control in its very first form.   In the American south after reconstruction.  A little history lesson most liberals would wish you would forget (and one most don't know already).  Democrats created the first gun control laws in the south to ban guns from the freedmen.    Since any black person had a target on his or her back in the south after reconstruction they needed protection.   Of course to the racist white Democrats,  they  didn't want them to fight back so they had to take the guns from black freedmen.   Only the black freedmen,  not any whites.

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Salon publishes lame "Hilter's gun control was a myth"!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:49 AM »
This crap makes my stomach hurt.  The lies .....
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Ok, they don't want to talk about Hitler well how about Stalin then?  Or Chairman Mao. Or Fidel Castro. Or <pick your favorite dictator>.  Now, I know they will duck any reference to Stalin, Mao, or Castro because those three are (literally) heroes to the readership of Salon.

But as we've said before, I am well past the point of worrying about arguments with the Left.  There's no argument to be had, there is only the question of who is going to come out on top when the physical fighting begins.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:25:11 PM »
I think the libiots latched onto a loser idea there, but it should be fun throwing reams of real history in their faces. Let them try, makes them even more extreme and desperate.  Make them choke on their lies!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.