Author Topic: Portland Community College to devote an entire month to 'whiteness'-shaming  (Read 1420 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Portland Community College has designated April "Whiteness History Month" (WHM), an "educational project" exploring how the "construct of whiteness" creates racial inequality.

"'Whiteness History Month: Context, Consequences, and Change' is a multidisciplinary, district-wide, educational project examining race and racism through an exploration of the construction of whiteness, its origins, and heritage," PCC states on its website. "Scheduled for the month of April 2016, the project seeks to inspire innovative and practical solutions to community issues and social problems that stem from racism."

By "from racism", they mean "from White people existing".

Whiteness "does not simply refer to skin color[,] but [to] an ideology based on beliefs, values, behaviors, habits, and attitudes, which result in the unequal distribution of power and privilege based on skin color."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Just for them.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I guess if you're one of "those people," you can't teach a real class.

Apparently.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Whiteness "does not simply refer to skin color[,] but [to] an ideology based on beliefs, values, behaviors, habits, and attitudes, which result in the unequal distribution of power and privilege based on skin color."

No you are being too hard on them. They are right - white people are  predominantly moral people, who value education, freedom and the rule of law , they engage in habits of hard work, and in general have a positive attitudes regarding work and preparation and personal responsibility   that allow them to succeed in life. Where as Black people don't - and according to these people, can't do these things, and thus it leads to unequal results.  They say its white people they are against, but its really the standards of behavior that they believe in that are the problem. And here they admit it - that they resent that other people are allowed to have standards that they can't or are unwilling to live up to, and that those standards result in a better life for those who adhere to them.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
^^^^^^^  Well said.   ::thumbsup::
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yup, they resent whiteness because it exemplified everything they are not.  I would merely retort - "Sucks to be a slave to your idiotic victimization rut that prevents you from being a decent, productive and functional human being!".

Or, short version -  ::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.