Author Topic: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...  (Read 27770 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Now the Ebola has made it to North America...
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/obama-may-send-national-guard-liberia-fight-ebola-sources-n227336

President Barack Obama is expected to issue an executive order Thursday paving the way for the deployment of National Guard forces to Liberia to help contain the Ebola outbreak there, sources told NBC News.

God help us.

Unless we are going to kill the population, how in the hell is a national guard soldier going to contain this disease?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
That clipboard goobermint assclown not gowned up...on purpose!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-16/idiotic-explanation-why-idiot-clipboard-was-unprotected

FUBAR!!!

And, on the contagion threat front...

"We have a worst-case scenario, and you don't even want to know," warns Alessandro Vespignani, a researcher creating simulations of infectious disease outbreaks, but there could be as many as two dozen people in the U.S. infected with Ebola by the end of the month. The projections only run through October because it’s too difficult to model what will occur if the pace of the outbreak changes but, as Bloomberg reports, Vespignani warns if the outbreak becomes more widespread in other regions, it "would be like a bad science fiction movie."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-16/researchers-expect-over-20-us-ebola-cases-weeks-you-dont-want-know-worst-case

Of course the CDC bozo's disagree...wtf else would those clowns say?

::)

BOHICA!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/obama-may-send-national-guard-liberia-fight-ebola-sources-n227336

President Barack Obama is expected to issue an executive order Thursday paving the way for the deployment of National Guard forces to Liberia to help contain the Ebola outbreak there, sources told NBC News.

God help us.

Unless we are going to kill the population, how in the hell is a national guard soldier going to contain this disease?

The National Guard soldier won't do anything to contain the disease.  What he will do is become a new vector for the disease, which is exactly why he's being sent there in the first place.

It's like the movie Aliens.  Ripley and the marines were sent out there to unwittingly return examples of the organism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
On Drudge...(sorta')

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2014, 06:44:42 AM »
I lke your version better Pab's...that "asshole" comment really puts the perfect finishing touch on it!   ::thumbsup::

Ted Cruz, one of the few to be on top of this from Day One, says Congress should come back to session and act on a travel ban.

It is just a matter of time before an incident like this leads to a riot at 30,000 feet.  But hey, I've boycotted air travel for several years now so I won't personally have to participate in any of this, but other people may not be so tolerant of the lax treatment the Ebola risk is being given by Team Obama & Co!

Kinda makes you think they want this disease to get a good foothold here, eh?

And stories like this don't help much!

::outrage::

Have no fear...ObolaCare is here!

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/ebola-not-contagious-until-after-nov-4-election-says-cdc-t15096.html

And, well...cannot say this is really outside the realm of the possible the way things are going, eh?

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/obama-declares-november-4th-a-national-day-of-quarantine-t15094.html

God, does Latter Day America suck!!!

Cue Charlton Heston rant from the original Planet of the Apes...

::pullhair::
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:11:31 AM by Libertas »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »
Obola lab worker on a cruise ship today. Has just been put into quarantine in cabin of boat. This was a hospital worker that the CDC was alleged to have been monitoring.

Belize will not let the ship dock because...they have a travel ban.

(Abbreviated post because I'm on vacation...family rigorously washing hands and wiping surfaces everywhere)
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:46 AM »
Fear of Ebola is racist ( via instapundit)

Hey Liberals - its time to prove how non-racist you are.  Just like you voted for a black man for President to prove you aren't racist, now its time to deliberately inject yourself with Ebola virus to prove the same.  After all its just a

"not-so-subtle, almost completely rhetorical stand-in for any combination of “African-ness”, “blackness”, “foreign-ness” and “infestation” – a nebulous but powerful threat, poised to ruin the perceived purity of western borders and bodies"

So what possible harm could come to you?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:25:59 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:06 AM »
Hey everyone, you can settle down now.  President Obola has just named an Ebola Czar.  Now, if you were thinking why in the hell do we need a "czar" and isn't this exactly what the CDC and NIH are supposed to be for, I guess you're just a racist teabagger.  Maybe if you hadn't forced the budget sequester the CDC would have been able to handle this (though they did handle giving out millions of dollars in bonuses, just like the equally incompetent VA did).

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
Hey everyone, you can settle down now.  President Obola has just named an Ebola Czar.  Now, if you were thinking why in the hell do we need a "czar" and isn't this exactly what the CDC and NIH are supposed to be for, I guess you're just a racist teabagger.  Maybe if you hadn't forced the budget sequester the CDC would have been able to handle this (though they did handle giving out millions of dollars in bonuses, just like the equally incompetent VA did).

Ron Klain.   ::unknowncomic::

"He does not have any extensive background in health care but the job is regarded as a managerial challenge."

"A former chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden and also to then-Vice President Al Gore, Klain is currently President of Case Holdings and General Counsel of Revolution, an investment group. He has clerked for the U.S. Supreme Court and headed up Gore's effort during the 2000 Florida recount and was portrayed in the HBO movie Recount by Kevin Spacey."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/17/politics/ebola-czar-ron-klain/

Yes, because if Ebola needs anything it needs another politcal hack with a background in Corzine-like capitalist exploitation and shyster-like legal chicanery!

::hysterical::

What a fracking joke!  This will be a PR cheer-whore to achieve nothing but be a foil Obola can hide behind!

Me?  I'd rather be a racist teabagger than an ObolaTard!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
Why doesn't King Putt just setup another Blue Ribbon Panel to look into this?  Maybe in 18-24 months we could have some recommendations they could ignore.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »
I'm surprised Obola didn't tap some underemployed talentless hack in need of a paycheck...like Chris Matthews...

But anyway, doesn't matter the asshat chosen for this pointless job...

And I expect the first Q&A session to the media to go something like this (If they we're honest) -

What is Ebola?

Ebola is an infectious, often fatal virus. For more complete information, consult your own darkest paranoid nightmares.

How do you contract Ebola?

Ebola is contracted through contact with a health care system that vastly overestimates its preparedness for a global pandemic.

What are the symptoms of Ebola?

Severe flu-like symptoms that a CNN cameraman is filming.

How long does it take for symptoms to first appear?

Anywhere from two to 10 days after passing through U.S. customs.

How is Ebola treated?

The virus is eventually killed when the body begins naturally decomposing inside a coffin several feet underground.

Do I have Ebola?

Not yet.

How dangerous is Ebola?

Easily Africa’s fourth or fifth most pressing issue.

I come into frequent physical contact with Ebola-infected blood, urine, saliva, stool, and vomit. Am I at risk of contracting Ebola?

Yes.

Is there a risk of Ebola spreading further?

If Dallas authorities fail to properly contain the disease, it may spread as far as Plano and Fort Worth.

How are Ebola outbreaks contained?

Great question!

What are airports doing to screen passengers?

Questionnaire based on fundamental assumption that those in desperate need of medical attention would not lie to get out of western Africa and into the U.S.

How many people could die if Ebola begins spreading in the United States?

Projections are currently imprecise but range anywhere from 318.8 million to 319.0 million Americans.

When will all this Ebola hysteria end?

For you? At exactly 11:18 a.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 28

H/T - The Onion

Hey, better Obola Czars?! 

http://weaselzippers.us/202771-betterebolaczars/

::laughonfloor::
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:25:49 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »

God help us.

The National Guard soldier won't do anything to contain the disease.  What he will do is become a new vector for the disease, which is exactly why he's being sent there in the first place.
It's like the movie Aliens.  Ripley and the marines were sent out there to unwittingly return examples of the organism.

Yeah...

Soldiers get only 4 hours of Ebola training.

...what could possibly go by Obola Regime design?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
Possible West African Bio-WMD alert at the Pentagon...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-17/officials-responding-possible-ebola-situation-near-pentagon

...the Pentagon...

...Sierra Leone...

...the Pentagon...

::saywhat::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
Ron Klain

"He does not have any extensive background in health care but the job is regarded as a managerial challenge."

AKA:  a political hack in need of a government paycheck.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2014, 10:56:41 PM »
Tonight here in Charlotte there was an ill woman at the airport with 100 degree fever, which prompted their Ebola protocol.  Tests eventually came back negative.  At least in this case they seem to have handled it well, i.e. not allowing the plane to return to the gate or any passengers to deplane until the test results came back.

But it also shows just how easy it will be for Ebola to rapidly spread around the country. A major hub like CLT and you quickly have it spreading to every other airport in the country.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/health/2014/10/17/sick-passenger-prompts-ebola-scare-at-charlotte-douglas/17465327/

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »
Tonight here in Charlotte there was an ill woman at the airport with 100 degree fever, which prompted their Ebola protocol.  Tests eventually came back negative.  At least in this case they seem to have handled it well, i.e. not allowing the plane to return to the gate or any passengers to deplane until the test results came back.

But it also shows just how easy it will be for Ebola to rapidly spread around the country. A major hub like CLT and you quickly have it spreading to every other airport in the country.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/health/2014/10/17/sick-passenger-prompts-ebola-scare-at-charlotte-douglas/17465327/

It also show how easily this can be used to HALT nearly everything by simply spreading a contagion that has the same symptoms as Ebola.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:29 PM »
Possible West African Bio-WMD alert at the Pentagon...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-17/officials-responding-possible-ebola-situation-near-pentagon

...the Pentagon...

...Sierra Leone...

...the Pentagon...

::saywhat::

MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »
MENE, MENE, TEKEL, PARSIN.

Had to look that up. Indeed.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2014, 08:24:34 PM »
Ebola czar already not showing up for meetings......................

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/19/ebola-czar-misses-his-second-white-house-meeting-since-being-appointed/

WH claiming he doesn't even START his "job" until next week..............He seems to be fitting in well with the Obama regime as they enjoy not showing up.