Author Topic: Damn Newbs!  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Damn Newbs!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
A couple of years ago we were driving to a suburb of Detroit when we hit 100% ice covered roads.  I'd been in snow storms, etc but had never seen ice covered roads like that.  It was several inches of ice completely covering the road.  It was at least 30 miles.  Once we found ourselves on it there was really nothing to do but keep going.  He kept an even speed and we were ok.

We saw people smarter than us tooling by in their SUVs at greater speeds.  Thankfully when we passed by them in the ditch or upside down no one was hurt.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
I know some areas where winter weather makes a certain type of driver more aggressive, as if they're trying to prove how much more of a badass they are than everyone else by driving at excessive speeds, passing people, and so on. It's a mentality I simply cannot comprehend.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
I never fail to see when weather is bad seeing people do all the wrong things at the wrong time...braking hard into slippery curves/ice patches, going fast in what seems is the dark area of road (which is often covered in ice) instead of going a foot left or right and being on snow (which gives you traction), over-steering, not signaling, overdriving their lights, not paying attention/completely lacking in common sense...it just never ends...

::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »
I never fail to see when weather is bad seeing people do all the wrong things at the wrong time...braking hard into slippery curves/ice patches, going fast in what seems is the dark area of road (which is often covered in ice) instead of going a foot left or right and being on snow (which gives you traction), over-steering, not signaling, overdriving their lights, not paying attention/completely lacking in common sense...it just never ends...

::)

That's exactly why on the rare occasions the glowball warmink drops here, we stay the heck home.

The folks 'round here are gonna be in deep moisture when they run out of plastic bags for their feet.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »
It used to be my habit to find an empty parking lot the on the first snow so I could get all the foolishness out of my system with slides, the spins, and the pirouettes. For some reason the last few years I haven't felt the need  ::oldman::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
It used to be my habit to find an empty parking lot the on the first snow so I could get all the foolishness out of my system with slides, the spins, and the pirouettes. For some reason the last few years I haven't felt the need  ::oldman::

Heheh.  You getting old, boyo?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »

Heh, I did that in the movie theater parking lot the morning I saw Act of Valor, nice new coating of wet snow, I asked my father if he saw my tracks, especially the doughnut, he just rolled his eyes and chuckled.

;D

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »

Heheh.  You getting old, boyo?

been old for a while now. I just recently became aware of it.  :o