Author Topic: New Depths of Twisted Logic  (Read 671 times)

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
New Depths of Twisted Logic
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:09:52 AM »
Every time I think I have seen the worst they can do, they surprise me

" I ‘would’ve died’ for my aborted daughter’s ‘right to choose,’ just ‘like she died for mine’ "

Wow. Just wow.

Via LifeSite’s Ben Johnson, who notes that this was high-five material last week for abortion warriors at HuffPo. If I hadn’t read his post before watching, the first two minutes here would have had me convinced this was a poem of regret. She starts by imagining the moments she would have shared with her daughter had she been born, then takes to repeating “I am not ashamed,” as if trying to convince herself by incantation that she really isn’t. Even the rhetorical punctuation mark — “I’m sorry, but you came at the wrong time” — feels ironic, far too pat and brusque to justify wiping away those precious moments she describes at the beginning.

But no, she’s on the level. The killer line, literally, is the one in the headline above. Johnson:

First of all, her daughter did not die for the “right to choose.” Her daughter was not sacrificed for the inalienable “good” of keeping abortion-on-demand legal (and, in the UK, taxpayer-subsidized). Politicians are bribed to maintain it; no baby needs to die for it. Josephine’s child died because HuffPo’s hero of the moment chose not to carry the baby to term and place him/her in the hands of loving adoptive parents who would have cherished her baby – whether it was actually male, female, or intersex…

That intimation that her daughter died for “choice” – that she offered her baby as a living sacrifice on the altar of abortion – confirms the darkest rhetoric of the pro-life movement: That for some in the movement, abortion is sometimes regarded as an idol.

And that raises one other, more universally held question: What kind of parent asks his son or daughter to die for the “right” to abortion?

Yeah, again, that line is far more effective as a sly critique of abortion logic than as an endorsement of it. Mom would have died for her daughter’s right to choose, you see, but luckily her daughter — who had no choice — stepped up and spared her the sacrifice. That’s a superb goof on the casual horror underlying self-congratulatory pro-choice empowerment rhetoric. But it’s not a goof at all, is it?

As soon as you admit it is a child - a son or daughter - you have lost the argument.
Don't hurt the trees! Don't hunt the animals! All life is sacred! ( Except for the human life in my own womb!)

Her last line is "When I become a mother it will be  when I choose" -

It was - you dumb whore- the second you spread your legs- you CHOOSE to become a mother.
What you want to do is un-choose that option after the fact by murdering your child.
It always amazes me to what depths they will twist things in order to "not feel ashamed"

Comments on this video have been, of course,  restricted. As they always are when a liberal says something so patently stupid and so easily refuted.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:50:36 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: New Depths of Twisted Logic
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »
How far we've drifted from our moorings as a nation, when such evil is celebrated, and the voices that call it what it is are marginalized.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:38:45 AM »
Undiluted evil knows no shame.  But I think they will discover judgement.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
In some ways you can understand why the muslims do not want their culture polluted by ours. At least they display a logic to why they stone adulterers and behead apostates, in their minds it is for a noble reason. 

All this woman displays is that she would commit murder for her convenience, quite a less noble reason to say the least. We have abandoned even the facade of a culture at this point.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
In some ways you can understand why the muslims do not want their culture polluted by ours. At least they display a logic to why they stone adulterers and behead apostates, in their minds it is for a noble reason. 

All this woman displays is that she would commit murder for her convenience, quite a less noble reason to say the least. We have abandoned even the facade of a culture at this point.
That's moral relativism for you. You get to make whatever heinous decision you want because it's you that is god. It always leads to totalitarian regimes which always do unspeakable things in the eyes of the moral.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:59:10 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.