Author Topic: Isaac Heading for Tampa? Nope, New Orleans!  (Read 3787 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Isaac Heading for Tampa? Nope, New Orleans!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »
What is Jindal doing?  Seems to me he ought to be lambasting dummocraps on one hand and telling the convention to go full steam ahead as he has LA covered.  WTF?!   ::whatgives::

He's soaking up all the face time he can get. That is all.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
What is Jindal doing?  Seems to me he ought to be lambasting dummocraps on one hand and telling the convention to go full steam ahead as he has LA covered.  WTF?!   ::whatgives::

He's slamming his ass off, It's just being supported.  SURPRISE!!!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2012/08/28/jindal-slams-obama-isaac-aid.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-08-28/jindal-says-obama-s-storm-funding-falls-short-of-state-s-needs.html

Jindal Cries Wolf On Obama Administration Response To Hurricane Isaac
tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/?jindal-cries...

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is already complaining that the Obama administration ... federal resources before Hurricane Isaac ... again looking at what the governor

I'm not a fan of Governors going hat in hand to the Fed's, but the criticism in light of what Bush got heaped on him makes me enjoy the criticism.  Criticize the big gubmit morons and Obama and then do all you can do for your own and pronounce "we did this in spite of Obama's foot-dragging", that at least has some PR appeal.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:21 PM »

He's soaking up all the face time he can get. That is all.

That "eye" is hitting now, still Cat 1 80 mph winds, MFM hysterics will no doubt be more damaging.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/09L/flash-avn-long.html

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:19 PM »

If that thing had gone to Texas they'd
prolly say, thank you, Jesus.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »
Damned if I didn't just see Shep Smith in a baseball cap on a N'Awlins street just hoping for disaster.

Don't that beat all ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 12:39:33 AM »
This storm is a big nothing. It's an ordinary storm by just about any basis you care to name.

The media is apoplectic, of course.

Will there be damage? Yes. Sure. It would be a miracle if there wasn't anything significant. But...we're talking about just ordinary storm damage. Trees and power lines down. A few homes flooded out. That kind of thing. The levees are not going to be breached by this thing. The storm surge simply isn't high enough. If any levee fails it will be due to the usual Lousinana corruption hijinks where what was paid for was not delivered. But even with that low possibility scenario I don't think a levee is going to fail.

Will there be deaths? Probably. But only from stupidity. Anyone who takes reasonable precautions will be fine.

This storm is a dud for the media. They are hoping against hope that somehow a miracle (for them) will happen and the storm somehow becomes a CAT3 or CAT4 so that they have some nice visuals to put up against the RNC convention. But it's not going to happen.

I will say this: If it had been a real frickin' hurricane it is in the perfect path/location to take NO out for good.

But, no...this is a wimpy storm. The atmospheric pressure is too high at 969 millibars. It would need to be in the low 900's to qualify as anything even vaguely scary.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 07:42:13 AM »

If that thing had gone to Texas they'd
prolly say, thank you, Jesus.

If it makes it to north LA, they'll be saying the same thing.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »