Author Topic: IPCC Fifth Generation Report Admits Errors  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: IPCC Fifth Generation Report Admits Errors
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 11:33:40 PM »
Am I?  Why would the biggest, hottest celestial furnace ever known to man have anything at all to do with climate?  Don't be ridiculous.

Actually, the Sun is relatively cool. Many stars are hotter than the Sun, with surface temperatures up to about 30,000 K (the Sun is just under 6000 K at the surface). These hot stars are white or even blue (those are the hottest).

Like so much of our celestial habitat, we've been the beneficiaries of the Goldilocks phenomenon. A watery, oxygen rich planet in orbit around a star close enough to keep most of that water liquid, but far enough away not to cook the planet.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
Like so much of our celestial habitat, we've been the beneficiaries of the Goldilocks phenomenon. A watery, oxygen rich planet in orbit around a star close enough to keep most of that water liquid, but far enough away not to cook the planet.

Almost like Earth was put here on purpose or something.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »

Almost like Earth was put here on purpose or something.

Nah, just super-lucky is all...all the randomness coalesced and POOF!

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
There's an ape somewhere on this planet waiting to evolve into a human. (insert photo here)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 12:57:06 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »
Am I?  Why would the biggest, hottest celestial furnace ever known to man have anything at all to do with climate?  Don't be ridiculous.

Actually, the Sun is relatively cool. Many stars are hotter than the Sun, with surface temperatures up to about 30,000 K (the Sun is just under 6000 K at the surface). These hot stars are white or even blue (those are the hottest).

Don't forget the molten core which makes for a strong magnetic field deflecting much of the solar radiation thrown our way for without it, the atmosphere would have been torn away eons ago.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »
Don't forget the molten core which makes for a strong magnetic field deflecting much of the solar radiation thrown our way for without it, the atmosphere would have been torn away eons ago.

Mucho correcto!
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
Oops!  More heretics!

The Sound Of Settled Science

Someone missed a memo.

One of the Met Office's most senior experts yesterday made a dramatic intervention in the climate change debate by insisting there is no link between the storms that have battered Britain and global warming.

Mat Collins, a Professor in climate systems at Exeter University, said the storms have been driven by the jet stream - the high-speed current of air that girdles the globe - which has been 'stuck' further south than usual.

Professor Collins told The Mail on Sunday: 'There is no evidence that global warming can cause the jet stream to get stuck in the way it has this winter. If this is due to climate change, it is outside our knowledge.'

His statement carries particular significance because he is an internationally acknowledged expert on climate computer models and forecasts, and his university post is jointly funded by the Met Office.

Prof Collins is also a senior adviser - a 'co-ordinating lead author' - for the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). His statement appears to contradict Met Office chief scientist Dame Julia Slingo.

H/T - SDA  http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/