Author Topic: Lake Station, Indiana's Mayor arrested  (Read 3740 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Lake Station, Indiana's Mayor arrested
« on: April 18, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »
Lake Station News
Lake Station mayor, wife, stepdaughter plead not guilty to corruption charges
Marc Chase marc.chase@nwi.com, (219) 662-5330

HAMMOND | Lake Station's mayor, his wife and his stepdaughter entered a Hammond federal courtroom in shackles Thursday, all three pleading not…

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/indiana&id=9507150
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Lake Station, Indiana's Mayor arrested
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 01:44:00 AM »
Hmmm .... a link within a link and no mention of party affiliation.  I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya ......
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:32:35 AM »
  From the comments section:

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part, and not political bias, but you failed to mention that Soderquist is a Democrat. you might want to update your article with that fact.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 06:58:30 AM »
If he was a Republican it would have been part of the headline.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »
  It would have been "THE HEADLINE"
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »
Reading farther down [4th comment] in the comments portion of the posted ABC 7 news this was posted comment; that is why I didn't add another article that mentioned his party in the very last sentence of a very long article.

"Soderquist is also on the governing board of the Lake County Democratic Organization. If indicted, Soderquist would be the second current sitting member who is under federal indictment."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 09:12:24 AM by rustybayonet »
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
Yes.  I looked at the comments as well to see if anyone else made note of the .. er .. omission; they did, and posted the information about his Democrat affiliations.  I was just remarking on the obvious ....

The media ........ they kill me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Just the tip of the iceburg in Lake County Indiana I am afraid to say. 

I live here in NW Indiana,  and there are a lot of politicians in prison.   Unfortunately there are far more of them still running around free that need to be jailed (probably 1 in 10 get busted).   Lake County is perfect for politicians as they are given cover by the huge amount of corruption across the border in the peoples republic of Illinois.   Very Illinois style politics all around, you would think you never left Cook County.   Most don't get any press for their misdeeds,  hell,  most won't even be investigated for a second by anyone, either the press or law enforcement. 

The Chicago media rarely covers NW Indiana (this is that rare case),  we have almost no media of our own (two poorly run papers and a very low power PBS station that has trouble staying on the air).    Our congressman,  the 19 term Democrat Pete Visclosky, who was one of the PMA Seven of the Murtha scandal back in 2008-9.   Didn't stop him from being easily reelected, as a lame RINO (who has run and lost 6-7 times already) blocked a tea party candidate (a friend of my brother) in the primary, who that I know could have beat him finally in the general.   He will easily win reelection this year too as that tea party candidate moved out of the area for a better job.

And this is Indiana,  a mostly Republican state!!!!

And the corruption in Lake County includes some RINO's.  One of the most corrupt and worst offenders is a town manager who claims to be Republican.   The county Republicans keep him at arm's length,  but do nothing to stop him.    Its like Illinois in that aspect as well, as they do little to reign in the corruption of the Democrats. 

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 07:41:42 PM »
Governing is all (slight of hand) now. The whole system needs to be overhauled, and brought back into compliance with the Constitution.
Case in point; why do people go into politics?
Because it pays so well. Think about it. A bunch of guys sit around thinking up new numbers... like trillion for instance. So they say they need a trillion dollars to run the country for XXX period. Well, no one knows what a trillion really is, or means, so they start looking for ways to pack their little lunch boxes full of cash. Everybody does it, so it's not really wrong, the people aren't in revolt, so they don't care. So we take and take and spend and spend till we wake up and are 20 trillion in the hole. That, in itself, wouldn't be so bad, after all, we can work hard and get out of debt, but the guys holding that debt aren't really interested in the USA prospering.
We have 14 & 16 to get it right... after that, all bets are off.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 05:35:34 AM »
We have 14 & 16 to get it right... after that, all bets are off.

That's where you and I disagree. 14 & 16 are irrelevant. All bets are already off.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
I believe so as well.  One of the few times I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 07:23:22 AM »
"I'm shocked to hear about it," resident Glen Wells said. "He's done so much for the town. He's improved a lot of things for us."

And that folks, is all that matters to idiots...they'll forget these clowns and vote for the next Democrat that makes all the same promises...

Sometimes a species or a group of beings is fully deserving to be culled from the rest...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 11:47:24 AM »
"I'm shocked to hear about it," resident Glen Wells said. "He's done so much for the town. He's improved a lot of things for us."

And that folks, is all that matters to idiots...they'll forget these clowns and vote for the next Democrat that makes all the same promises...

Sometimes a species or a group of beings is fully deserving to be culled from the rest...

Glen Wells must be living under a rock or something.  Either that or he smokes a lot of pot.    The politicians don't even bother covering their tracks much anymore around here.    If you don't notice the tracks,  the big FBI trucks parked outside Lake Station City Hall when they raided it, SHOULD get your attention........They raided several times before the arrests.............

You can't help stupid.............

We will be seeing lots of FBI vans outside other city,  township, and county offices in the near future.

Oh,  by the way Glen,  any improvement in Lake Station is easy,  when your at the bottom you know......   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:35 AM »

Glen Wells must be living under a rock or something.  Either that or he smokes a lot of pot.    The politicians don't even bother covering their tracks much anymore around here.    If you don't notice the tracks,  the big FBI trucks parked outside Lake Station City Hall when they raided it, SHOULD get your attention........They raided several times before the arrests.............

We will be seeing lots of FBI vans outside other city,  township, and county offices in the near future.

Oh,  by the way Glen,  any improvement in Lake Station is easy,  when your at the bottom you know......

But very few news cameras and no unbiased reporting...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:22 PM »

One of the papers is in on some of the corruption so yeah,  they are silent most of the time.   

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:17 AM »

One of the papers is in on some of the corruption so yeah,  they are silent most of the time.

The payback for their treacherous actions over the decades will be paid back one-thousand fold.