Author Topic: Worth a Look  (Read 1265 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Worth a Look
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

Re: Worth a Look
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
[blockquote]
Since it has not warmed in the last ten years as most scientists expected it would  this is evidence that scientists have over estimated the role of CO2 in climate change.
One billion people have:  No electricity, No Refrigeration, No clean water, and must gather wood and animal dung to use for heating and cooking.
Like ancient tribes of people who made sacrifices to the gods of nature, modern societies are too easily convinced that they are the ones responsible for weather changes and that they can somehow atone for their environmental sins through changes in behavior.  And this happens to be very convenient for politicians and profiteers...
[/blockquote] 

A sixth or eighth grade teacher could take this to class and have the class discuss this video...frame by frame.  It's sad that the audience most in need of this is adults.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »

DIRTY, SMELLY, DIFFICULT, and SHORT LIVES - DSDSL

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »
The Sixth International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC) sponsored by Heartland Institute

ETA conference title: Restoring the Scientific Method is the theme of the Sixth International Conference on Climate Change -  ::laughonfloor::  I thought it was a joke until I read...

[blockquote]
During lunch, we were treated to a lively debate between Scott Denning, the Monford Professor of Atmospheric Science at Colorado State University and an editor of Journal of Climate, and Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and co-developer of the method of measuring atmospheric temperature changes by satellite. Both were excellent, positive advocates of their respective views. Denning supporting the orthodoxy that late 20th century warming was largely caused by emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) and Spencer advocating that the warming was caused by natural phenomena that are not well understood.
[/blockquote]

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:35:28 PM by Charles Oakwood »