Author Topic: Last Crew Member of Enola Gay Dies in Georgia  (Read 900 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Last Crew Member of Enola Gay Dies in Georgia
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »
 ::USA:: ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:06 PM »
RIP  ::USA::
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Magnum

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
Last Enola Gay member remembers the bomb

Thank you for your service sir you are all hero's to me. May you be with the Lord..............
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:38:39 AM »
RIP, sir.  This is one area of historical revisionism that truly puts me into a rage, when you have people calling this a "war crime". It ended the war, and furthermore told a watching world not to mess with us. We got over half a century of respect out of that.

How many of us might not be here, if not for the actions of these men? I vividly remember my grandfather telling me stories about his time in the Navy during WWII. He was in Saipan, and the entire Pacific Fleet was preparing for an amphibious assault on mainland Japan that would have dwarfed the Normandy operation in scale. The War Department had estimated in excess of 1 million casualties. The two atomic bombs convinced Japan to surrender and that amphibious assault never occurred.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 06:27:13 AM »
RIP, sir.  This is one area of historical revisionism that truly puts me into a rage, when you have people calling this a "war crime". It ended the war, and furthermore told a watching world not to mess with us. We got over half a century of respect out of that.

How many of us might not be here, if not for the actions of these men? I vividly remember my grandfather telling me stories about his time in the Navy during WWII. He was in Saipan, and the entire Pacific Fleet was preparing for an amphibious assault on mainland Japan that would have dwarfed the Normandy operation in scale. The War Department had estimated in excess of 1 million casualties. The two atomic bombs convinced Japan to surrender and that amphibious assault never occurred.

True.  Most of us should be able to point to several instances that "If not for the Grace of God..." we would never be here.  Wars are usually one of the bigger instances not but not the only ones.

What makes me ill and I suspect you and probably the rest of us here also is the fact that what respect we might have gained was so thouroughly squandered by progressives...and expediated to extinction under the Vile One leading the DemonRats at present...

I guess we are fortunate to have had the run we've had...if not for those who sacrificed before us we would not have made it this far.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
   RIP  Sir

Another thing that never set well with me -- When the Smithsonian backed down to 'international pressure' when they were planning the display of the Enola Gay.  But what do you expect from the pansy's in Washington DC. 

Footnote of course, Wednesday is the anniversary of the Hiroshima drop.
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »

A little late but...
Most of the regressives could never understand that it wasn't just Allied lives it was going to save untold millions of Japanese as well. How many of them would not be with us today? While sad that so many died in the bombings, it was better than exterminating them all. We also learned a valuable lesson, the immediate dead are the lucky ones, the sickness from radiation poisoning is something that needed to be avoided and we have for the most part.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.