Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 60997 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2015, 06:32:35 AM »
Yeah, running guns through radical Islamists in Libya to radical Islamists in Syria that results in several people dying including the Ambassador and the President and the Secretary of State on down lying about it is so boring.  Spying on everything Americans do (not just in the bedroom) is so boring.  Taking away our God-given rights as free people at every opportunity is so boring.  Yeah, there is so much boring going on that the feeble-minded can only glom onto this brief episode in a 60 minute work of fiction in its 5th year of production.

::upsidedownflag::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2015, 09:59:52 AM »
Yup. Now you have Matt Walsh - whose opinions I respect - basically echoing Pandora's point from a few weeks ago, saying that if Christians have been unsure of whether or not it is OK to watch GoT, this one scene in this one episode should be the thing that turns us away.

I get the overall point, but I don't get it in regards to this particular scene. This is one of the few times the showrunners DIDN'T graphically show what happened. It's like they finally listened to some of the criticism of their gratuitous sex and understood that showing such a thing would be crossing a line that didn't need to be crossed.

And yet this is the thing that is sending people into a tailspin. Trigger warnings abound.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2015, 10:56:22 AM »
... this one scene in this one episode should be the thing that turns us away.

At Hot Air, I read a discussion similar to ours here, and one would *think* the castration episodes would have been the breaking point for some, but, apparently, because the violence was visited upon men, well, that was okay because SJW princesses have decided they are the arbiters of the last straw.  Mind-boggling.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2015, 11:22:57 AM »
It is mind-boggling but not surprising.

I wonder if anybody asked Mr. Walsh or anybody else how that scene should be more offensive than say the real life of Pope Alexander VI (Roderic Llançol i de Borja) or John F. Kennedy?

Idiots.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »
So we finally have two of the major characters meeting each other -- Danaerys and Tyrion.  She was none too pleased to be reunited with Jorah though.  In the preview for the next episode, they show Jorah and Tyrion standing before her in the throne room and she says to Jorah "how can I rule if I do not keep my promises?"  Presumably that's referring to her promise to have Jorah's head floating in the bay should he ever return.  I think that's when he is going to show his trump card, that he's already a dead man walking anyway because of the greyscale.

Elsewhere:  Theon, damn you.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2015, 10:23:36 AM »
So predictable...

It was too much to expect either the old woman or the new gelding to know the psychotic bastard is occupying the highest point of the castle...

::facepalm::

Time for Brienne to use the tunnels into the crypt?  (Maybe when Stannis attacks?)

Anyway, Jorah is a dead man anyway...we'll have to see what use the Dwarf is and if his pal Varys shows up.

And lets get this battle between Stannis and Bolton going already, I'm bored!!!

Nice to see the Queen Bitch get biten by the snake she befriended though.  Heh!

And the fat crow got laid, good for him. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 10:54:06 AM by Libertas »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2015, 11:29:37 AM »
  When the Queen bitch gets loose she will burn the kingdom down to get even with the Sparrows. If she doesn't get out there will be no longer a kingdom and it becomes a free for all for control.

Her brother,lover and father of her children will be lucky to get out with his skin in tact so he is not going to be of any help any time soon.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2015, 01:19:59 PM »
In the books, the High Sparrow shaved Cersei's head, stripped her naked, and marched her through the streets of King's Landing. I wonder if the series will go that far.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
Four days to film?  The crew milking this or what?   ::hysterical::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »
Four days to film?  The crew milking this or what?   ::hysterical::

Well she's pretty hot, so who can blame them  ::cool::

I've seen her on TV interviews, and she is even hotter with her natural hair.  That show is full of easy to look at females.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
The Dwarf lives.

And those White Walkers sure can replenish their ranks quickly.   ::speechless::

If "dragon glass" can kill 'em, I wonder if live dragons can too?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2015, 05:20:56 PM »
Oh yeah, I think the larger arc of that universe is the showdown between the White Walkers and the Dragons (or more correctly the Mother of Dragons).  It's a "Story of Fire and Ice" right?  And we see that Valyrian steel can also kill them, which I guess gets back to the fact that Valyrian steel is from the old civilization of Valyria (from which the Targaryens descend), who had dragons.  It will probably emerge that Valyrian steel was forged with dragonfire or something like that.

I wonder what Ramsey's little plot is.  He said he only needed 20 men to deal a blow to Stannis and his army.  A covert assassination mission?  I really hope that bastard gets caught and burned up as an offering to Melisandre's god.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2015, 06:57:58 AM »
Did that sole remaining giant survive?  Kinda lost track of him as they fled into the cold sea.  I wonder if he could find more of his kind?  And how does Bran fit in?  It's been a while since he was left under the odd tree.  Maybe his warg stuff can work on dragons to help slay the liberals...er, excuse me, the undead? 

And yes, something nasty has to happen to that vile little bastard Ramsey...I'm thinking trussed up with ropes on each limb and suspended for ravenous creatures to slowly munch on...starting with his privates which could be slathered with honey to get things going. 

It's something I'd like to see for most all bastards, fictional and otherwise...   :D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: June 05, 2015, 11:55:53 AM »
Veering off topic again...

Crazy moonbat matress beoch is back!

Umm...why do they keep giving this retarded attention whore any press?

Oh, yeah...the Wahr on Wymenz must be continually hyped...even if its with complete bullsh*t.

Especially if it is complete bullsh*t!

And, uhh...she must miss what didn't happen with Nungesser...if she has to keep seeking it, eh?

She is nucking futs!

Should be a GoT-stlye demise for this imbecile...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #116 on: June 05, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »
The giant did survive.  They showed him in the preview for the next episode, where the new allied Crow/wildling army is waiting to be let through the wall (and it is implied that Ser Allliser ain't letting them in).

I still can't quite place Ser Alliser.  He's a dickhead for sure, but is he a pure antagonist or just a hardass?  He seems like the type who might be an a-hole but ultimately lives up to duty.  But I am less sure now, with the whole "you're running out of friends" comment to Sam.

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: June 05, 2015, 02:46:27 PM »
The last of the published books has Jon Snow gang-stabbed by the Crows who are not aligned with him, and left for dead - without revealing his fate. If the series follows that line, we'll certainly see what Ser Alliser Thorne is made of.

On the one hand, he's busted Jon's balls from moment-one, and we know he's against bringing the Wildlings to Castle Black. On the other hand Ser Alliser knew that Janos Slynt was a coward, and deserved to be beheaded. Jon gave Ser Alliser a dignified command, and Slynt was beheaded because he refused to accept Jon's order for a less desirable command. So I think the jury's out. I don't remember from the books which side Alliser came down on.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
Well.  I'm not on Team Stannis anymore.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2015, 06:50:20 AM »
He was flawed from the start, being led by his Little Stannis by that witch...

And yeah the giant lived.

And thankfully, some gratuitous dragon action!   ::whoohoo::