Author Topic: RED ALERT: MAJOR EARTHQUAKE, TSUNAMI & NOW VOLCANO STRIKE JAPAN  (Read 31283 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: RED ALERT: MAJOR EARTHQUAKE & TSUNAMI STRIKES JAPAN
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2011, 02:02:42 PM »
We can kiss goodbye any chance of new nuke plants in the USA because of the problems they are having today in Japan.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
I can't recall - is Japan  one of the ones where Øbongo humiliated himself by bowing to, or is it one of the ones he insulted with inappropriate gifts?
I think those things go hand in hand.

No, he bows to despots, monarchs, and rulers of totalitarian regimes. He sends inappropriate gifts to his enemies.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
We can kiss goodbye any chance of new nuke plants in the USA because of the problems they are having today in Japan.

It should have to be that way!  Lessons learned and all, improved redundant systems and construction designs.  Plus, not all areas are quake zones!   ::angry::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:08 PM »
I can't recall - is Japan  one of the ones where Øbongo humiliated himself by bowing to, or is it one of the ones he insulted with inappropriate gifts?

No, he bows to despots, monarchs, and rulers of totalitarian regimes. He sends inappropriate gifts to his enemies.

That, sadly, is the way he is!

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2011, 02:05:13 PM »
USGS reporting that a rift has opened at the quake site 150 miles long by 50 feet miles wide...via FNC on their ticker.

What the hell does that even mean? A new underwater Grand Canyon? Good Lord.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
HONOLULU –  Tsunami waves swamped Hawaii beaches and severely damaged harbors in California after devastating Japan and sparking evacuations throughout the Pacific.

Water rushed up on roadways and into hotel lobbies on the Big Island and low-lying areas in Maui were flooded as 7-foot waves crashed ashore. Large waves also hit the U.S. western coast, shaking loose boats that weren't moved in time and tearing apart wooden docks in at least two California harbors.

"This is just devastating. I never thought I'd see this again," said Ted Scott, a retired mill worker who lived in Crescent City when a 1964 tsunami killed 17 people on the West Coast, including 11 in his town. "I watched the docks bust apart. It buckled like a graham cracker."

The waves didn't make it over a 20-foot break wall protecting the rest of the city, and no serious injuries or home damage was immediately reported.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »
I can't recall - is Japan  one of the ones where Øbongo humiliated himself by bowing to, or is it one of the ones he insulted with inappropriate gifts?

That, sadly, is the way he is!

Yup. To his really bad enemies he sends gifts back, ditches them at White House dinners, and sends them out the back door by the garbage dumpster.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
USGS reporting that a rift has opened at the quake site 150 miles long by 50 feet miles wide...via FNC on their ticker.

What the hell does that even mean? A new underwater Grand Canyon? Good Lord.

I assume they are talking about the ocean floor and this is, as I understand it, the sort of thing that results in the type of water displacement necessary to create a giant tsunami.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2011, 02:10:01 PM »
Sunrise in Japan in about an hour, according to CNN, so expect new pics and vid of widespread devastation to hit the MFM shortly.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2011, 02:12:04 PM »
I have to believe the damage is not just in the billions, it has to be cresting a trillion!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »
Stunning slide show at the NYT's site.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2011, 02:14:49 PM »
I have to believe the damage is not just in the billions, it has to be cresting a trillion!

At least in this situation, the destruction of a trillion dollars of wealth was not on purpose like it was in the USA.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
LINK

[blockquote]WASHINGTON (AP) — A massive earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan Friday was the strongest quake in the area in nearly 1,200 years.

David Applegate, a senior science adviser for earthquake and geologic hazards for the U.S. Geological Survey, said the 8.9-magnitude quake ruptured a patch of the earth's crust 150 miles long and 50 miles across.

He said the earthquake, which also spawned a massive tsunami that hit Japan before racing across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii and the West Coast of the United States, likely caused tens of billions of dollars in structural damage in Japan.

Laura K. Furgione, deputy director for the National Weather Service, said the tsunami first hit Hawaii early Friday morning. An 8.1-foot wave destroyed piers and docks in Crescent City, Calif., later Friday.[/blockquote]

Japan Earthquake (????) Live Video : Tsunami wipes out airport
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:20:29 PM by trapeze »

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
LINK

[blockquote]WASHINGTON (AP) — A massive earthquake that struck off the coast of Japan Friday was the strongest quake in the area in nearly 1,200 years.

David Applegate, a senior science adviser for earthquake and geologic hazards for the U.S. Geological Survey, said the 8.9-magnitude quake ruptured a patch of the earth's crust 150 miles long and 50 miles across.

He said the earthquake, which also spawned a massive tsunami that hit Japan before racing across the Pacific Ocean to Hawaii and the West Coast of the United States, likely caused tens of billions of dollars in structural damage in Japan.

Laura K. Furgione, deputy director for the National Weather Service, said the tsunami first hit Hawaii early Friday morning. An 8.1-foot wave destroyed piers and docks in Crescent City, Calif., later Friday.[/blockquote]

Any word yet on U.S. military disaster assistance yet?
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2011, 02:21:53 PM »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
LINK

The rumor is that France is leading the world.

Offline Roy Rogers

• When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:27 PM »
LINK

The rumor is that France is leading the world.

The leader of the free world's First Lady is a BABE!
If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Hey, anyone up for some "end of the world as we know it" stuff?

Dogs and cats, living together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Geologists also know that one of the islands of the Azores is eventually going to break in half, with part of it falling into the Atlantic Ocean. It will generate a tsunami that inundates the entire eastern seaboard of North America with waves potentially 100 feet or more in height. Over 20 miles inland will be under seawater.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
A video of the destruction recorded with commentary recorded live as it happened...

Tsunami japan 2011 eartquake 8.9 complete footage (7 minutes) .avi