Author Topic: Obama's Plan to Issue Gun-Control EO's  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Obama's Plan to Issue Gun-Control EO's
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/obama-requests-182-million-to-push-new-gun-control-laws/

ANY member of either chamber of Congress voting to allow this allotment in ANY bill, should perish!  In fact every bill submitted from now till Hell freezes over should contain specific language BANNING ANY FUNDING from being used in such fashion, period!

WTF?!  Do we have to think for everybody?!

::cussing::  Pubbies!

::asskicking::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Obama's Plan to Issue Gun-Control EO's
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »

Give LEO's more tools? As in more Mine proof vehicles?

And get rid of assault weapons. Can't have the populace able to defend themselves.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »
The Obama Progressive Plan: Crush all upitty liberty-spouting Constitution-loving bitter-clinging citizens before they get onto us and hunt us down and kill us.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:17:47 PM »
A private citizens plan for reducing gun violence.

1.  Ban all gun "free" zones.    These will prevent all law abiding citizens from being disarmed in public,  and make it so they can fight back.   All major attacks have been in "gun" free zones,  they are part of the problem,  not a solution.  Attacks won't happen when people don't know who is packing or you see people openly carrying.

2. Return marksmanship and gun safety class to the school curriculum,  starting with grade school level.   Show the general public that guns in themselves aren't evil and scary.   Also teach respect for something that is dangerous when poorly handled (you can say the same thing about cars), but perfectly safe when handled properly.    This should include urban and suburban areas as well (I know a few rural areas never stopped with this education). 

Also if marksmanship is taught in school,  maybe gun (bad) handling and posturing won't look so "cool" to the gang banger and other idiot types.   Part of today's problem is few people actually know much about guns and more importantly BASIC gun safety.

All citizens should have basic gun safety lessons even if they don't want to handle weapons.   Just look at the typical anti-gunner when they touch a gun,  some really bad handling and poor safety on their part.   If you don't like guns thats ok, but at least know how they are handled safely.

3.  Repeal all unconstitutional gun laws.  That would be probably 99% of gun laws on the books today.  Also the few gun laws that remain should be at the state level to reduce complexity.   The federal government and local levels should have no say.   Another major problem gun owners have are the dizzyingly array of local laws that are confusing to say the least.   They all need to be repealed.   The laws should be the same over a whole state,  not different on one side of a street because its in a different town.    And there should be very few laws to begin with, mostly on the common sense safety issue (like discharging a gun in a crowded area).   

4.  All fifty states should accept all states gun licenses like they do with drivers licenses.  It's insane that there is all different amounts of accepting or rejecting (Illinois for example accepts no other states at all).  Imagine if states rejected all out of state drivers licenses, that is nuts,   its the same with gun licensing.   

5.  At some point licensing should be repealed.   No list of gun owners should be kept by the government at any level.   The only list that can be kept is a list of mentally ill that cannot handle guns, or criminals that used guns in crimes (most convictions should not get you on the list).   It should be hard to be put on that list and no one government agency should be allowed to put people on it without due process.  There needs to be an appeal system (probably within the court system) and the burden should be on the state (not the other way around) to the reason why someone should not own a gun.   This will be the hardest part to control as anti-gunners will use it to try to put millions on such a list.   When a gun is purchased,  if you don't show up on the list, you get your gun immediately.   It should be free to access by anyone and not require a gun dealer to do so.   

6.  Retired military should be allowed to keep their issued rifle or sidearm if they chose to,  like they do in Switzerland.   I know many retired talk about how they would have loved to have kept a weapon they liked in the service.   That should be a bonus of serving. 

7.  And lastly personal responsibly.   You are responsable for your own safety and actions.   If you use a gun in a crime,  you should be prosecuted for that crime,  not because of the gun.   If you didn't have that gun you would have likely used a knife or even a board with a nail in it.   The gun doesn't make you a criminal.   The crime you commit makes you one.   

Also there need to be reform of the mental health system.   Per say its not a gun issue but its something that needs to be dealt with.     The government of course has failed miserably at it,  maybe even to the point of allowing it to push gun control. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:29:26 PM by richb »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 07:18:28 AM »
Amen, Rich!  Let it be so!   ::praying::

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »
Rich, would you mind if I shared your post?
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »

You certainly can.   Where do you plan on posting it?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 12:37:53 PM »

Hopefully at a certain fishing forum we frequent.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 12:47:48 PM »
Well...that could turn the water red...   :D

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
Well...that could turn the water red...   :D

heh heh heh!   

I imagine most fishing and hunting forums lean our direction.  Though all it takes is one libtard mod for it to disappear. 

I should see how long a post like mine would last on Huffpost or another liberal site.   Probably not even a half hour I would guess. 

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »

Hopefully at a certain fishing forum we frequent.

There, and perhaps on Facebook, if you permit it.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
Sure you can put it on facebook, fine with me.   Though those who run facebook may not be.   ;)

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 06:29:28 PM »
Much appreciated, Rich. Have a good one sir.
Eric Morgan

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 04:20:04 PM »
FYI, the thread on the fishing forum lasted a whole 8 pages before being shut down by the sniveling Leftist libtards.
Eric Morgan

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 05:30:15 PM »
As one who grew up with surf fishermen I always found fishermen to be cut from the same pro-gun cloth as hunters and other outdoorsmen.  So even though I'm not familiar with your fishing forum, I'll go out on a limb and take a guess that the resident libtards must be the fly fishermen "gear queers" who also enjoy the smell of their own farts for supporting trout stream conservation. They probably drive a Subaru Forrester.

I wouldn't think your average bass boat fishermen, or your average surf fisherman, would be of the sniveling Leftist libtard variety. The only sub-variety of fishing that strikes me as maybe having a fair amount of sniveling libtards would be those trout stream guys.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 06:22:09 PM »
Glock, the sad thing is that this particular forum is primarily geared toward bass fishermen. I'm sure there are some of the types of which you spoke, but they're mostly the typical lake/river bass fisherman...
Eric Morgan

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 06:40:07 PM »
I wouldn't think your average bass boat fishermen, or your average surf fisherman, would be of the sniveling Leftist libtard variety.

When given enough numbers, you're bound to get a few. Eric is referring to a bass fishing site we frequent. Out of 80k members (according to the site owner), there are a handful of fisherman who lean to the left.

The whole 80k member thing is a thread unto itself.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 07:05:13 AM »
See, told you I did, it only takes one asshole to stink up the whole joint!

Actually, 8 pages isn't too bad...

When you say "shut down" was it merely locked to prevent any more posts or was it removed entirely?  If the latter that would suck and should spur the clear majority into righteous anger, if the former at least it can still be viewed and the posting served its purpose.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »
That bass fishing forum is run by a Canadian, and he definitely is a liberal. He says "no politics", but what he means is, "no conservative opinion." I dared offer it one too many times, and got booted. So I reregistered under a different name, and only go there to discuss fishing/boating.

I don't think they have anything close to 80,000 users, but they are the biggest and the best source of fishing/boating knowledge I've found. On many occasions, I've had a specific question/problem related to maintenance, repair, or use of my boat or gear, and never once has the community there failed to provide the information I seek, usually within the day my thread is posted.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »
How do libiots afford fishing gear?  Outlets take EBT cards now or what?   ::unknowncomic::