Author Topic: Rich Lowry speculates: Perhaps Obama is trolling for impeachment  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Rich Lowry speculates: Perhaps Obama is trolling for impeachment
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 07:22:30 AM »
If the republicans do take the senate, there would be other methods of undoing what obama has done. In fact, rather than impeaching him (which would really rally the left for the 2016 election) I think it would be much more excruciating to have obama watch, powerless as his agenda is dismantle before him.

Discretion is the better part of valor. Impeachment may be well warranted but would only defeat the right in the end in 2016. Better to use the power of congress and the courts to illuminate what exactly was wrong and undo it.

Let history be obama's final judge and jury while we spend our energies healing the nation.

That just is not going to happen, the time for that has passed, the damage is too great, the patient is comatose and it is time to pull the plug.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
Obongo is basically immunizing himself against impeachment.  It's a ploy he's used before -- make a mockery of something he thinks his opponent might do; "so, sue me"; "they want moats and alligators on the border".  If the proposition is advanced, like the Republican House's court suit, he gets to do the "I told you so" smirk.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 10:11:16 AM »

And that's just it, there aren't enough angry people. He was elected. Twice. Now obviously there were major irregularities with the electoral process, but all those could really do is push him over the finish line if it was sufficiently close. Unfortunately we have crossed that threshold where half the population will vote for Team D no matter what. There is literally nothing Obama or the Dems could do that would dissuade them from voting D. He could get on national TV every night and put puppies and kittens into a blender, and they would still vote for him.

I told my mother that -- that Obama could come personally to my house, shoot me in the head and then proceed to rape my wife and daughter, and she would STILL support him. She didn't deny it. 

Its a fun questions to ask lefties-  Are there any conditions - any conditions at all, that would make you rethink your support for Democrats and thier polices and stop voting for them - and they NEVER  will answer.  Never.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
Andrew McCarthy ....

... The GOP believes it has a problem: President Obama calculates that it helps him and hurts Republicans to claim, falsely, that Republicans are about to impeach him, so that is what Democrats are doing. As I argued before — and it sounds as if Bill Kristol agrees — this is a foolish calculation on their part. To be clear, neither Bill, I, nor most Obama critics, nor any elected Republicans that I know of, are calling for the president’s impeachment at this point: The public case has not been made for it, and defeat would be certain in the Senate.

Yet even if you assume, as the Republican establishment appears bent on doing, that Obama is right and that his knowingly false alarm about imminent impeachment is bad for Republicans, the solution is simple: Just make it very clear that there is no plan to file articles of impeachment against Obama — not now, and not in the foreseeable future. It is already clear that that is the case to sensible people, and after a short while it will be clear to everyone — the Democrats’ cynicism will be seen for what it is.

But no, the GOP can’t leave it at that. For whatever reason they feel compelled to say not only that they will not impeach Obama but that Obama’s systematic refusal to execute the laws faithfully does not rise to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” the Constitution’s impeachment standard.

Recently, we heard Representative Bob Goodlatte, the House Judiciary Committee chairman, making this absurd assertion. Today, according to the Wall Street Journal, it was Budget Committee chairman Paul Ryan’s turn. On impeachment, Ryan reportedly said:

I see this as sort of a ridiculous gambit by the president and his political team to try and change the narrative, raise money, and turn out their base for an upcoming election that they feel is not going to go their way… (The Republicans’ differences with the White House do) not rise to the high crime and misdemeanor level.

Wrong. To repeat, “high crimes and misdemeanors,” a British term of art borrowed by the Framers, does not refer to penal offenses. It refers to what Hamilton called “the misconduct of public men, or in other words . . . the abuse or violation of some public trust.” Such misconduct need not be an indictable wrong. It could involve dereliction of duty, lies to Congress or the public about serious matters, the failure to honor an oath (such as the oath to execute the laws faithfully), and any conduct that intentionally undermines the governing framework that safeguards our liberties and security (the president, of course, takes an oath to preserve the Constitution).

It is perfectly understandable — indeed, it is wise — for Republicans to explain that there is no prospect of removing President Obama from power because you’d need lots of Democratic votes in the Senate and the Democrats will protect President Obama no matter how lawlessly he conducts himself. No one sensible would blame the Republicans for taking this position. More importantly, making that argument would highlight the president’s often outrageous lawlessness and derelictions of duty as well as the Democrats’ complicity in them.

It is, however, downright dumb to claim, as Representative Ryan, Representative Goodlatte, and other Republican leaders have done, that the president’s misconduct is not serious enough to be considered impeachable; or to posit the related claim that impeachment — the Constitution’s remedy for serious presidential lawlessness — would be a “disproportionate” response to serious presidential lawlessness.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2014, 11:37:07 AM »
Obama’s systematic refusal to execute the laws faithfully does not rise to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” the Constitution’s impeachment standard.

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

And the GOP will pay the price for their failure to perform their Constitutional mandate, along with the treasonous Dem's they are enabling!

LET IT BURN!!! 

More gasoline!!!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »
Obama’s systematic refusal to execute the laws faithfully does not rise to the level of “high crimes and misdemeanors,” the Constitution’s impeachment standard.

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

And the GOP will pay the price for their failure to perform their Constitutional mandate, along with the treasonous Dem's they are enabling!

LET IT BURN!!! 

More gasoline!!!

I see it as too close to elections to step on that mine. Impeachments isn't going to help anything other than make us feel good and give their base a reason to come out in force. Right now the base isn't interested in coming out by 14 points last I heard on Fox and I like it just like that.

We need 7 senate seats and a WH win,lose the battles and win the war that fixes the mess later.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

LET IT BURN!!! 

More gasoline!!!

I see it as too close to elections to step on that mine. Impeachments isn't going to help anything other than make us feel good and give their base a reason to come out in force. Right now the base isn't interested in coming out by 14 points last I heard on Fox and I like it just like that.

We need 7 senate seats and a WH win,lose the battles and win the war that fixes the mess later.

That would be a great start.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
The Troller In Chief is not wetting his pants for fear of the Weeping Carrot or anybody else...plotting more EO's to advance his coup and finish of the last vestiges of a representative republic...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/19/us/politics/behind-closed-doors-obama-crafts-executive-actions.html?_r=0

Order 66 grows near.

Nice reporting...behind closed doors...yeah, what he does with Reggie is behind closed doors, what he is doing here is right in the Oval Office of the People's House!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 04:33:35 PM »

That presumes there is a political solution, John.

And the same Pubs who led us into this mess are the ones who will lead us out.

Those establishment Pubs who support Dems rather than a true liberty minded Tea Party candidate

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 07:38:28 PM »
Personally, I'm not calling for impeachment as it's for lawful presidents and zero isn't one. Therefore, I call for execution! ::rockets::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »

And that's just it, there aren't enough angry people. He was elected. Twice. Now obviously there were major irregularities with the electoral process, but all those could really do is push him over the finish line if it was sufficiently close. Unfortunately we have crossed that threshold where half the population will vote for Team D no matter what. There is literally nothing Obama or the Dems could do that would dissuade them from voting D. He could get on national TV every night and put puppies and kittens into a blender, and they would still vote for him.

I told my mother that -- that Obama could come personally to my house, shoot me in the head and then proceed to rape my wife and daughter, and she would STILL support him. She didn't deny it. 

Its a fun questions to ask lefties-  Are there any conditions - any conditions at all, that would make you rethink your support for Democrats and thier polices and stop voting for them - and they NEVER  will answer.  Never.

This came up today. A discussion broke out over all the crap obbummero is doing and why impeachment should be considered, if not carried out, and the local lib spouted off he hasn't crossed the impeachment line. I asked him, in the context of "pen and phone", where is the line and what would he need to do for you to speak "impeachment".......No answer. The conversation degenerated from there.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 08:41:50 PM »
Yes, in those situations I like to remind them that Santa Claus isn't the only one who's keeping a list.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 09:17:01 PM »
Yes, in those situations I like to remind them that Santa Claus isn't the only one who's keeping a list.

f**kin' A.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 12:19:02 AM »
When things finally spiral out of control (in what way? take your pick) just watch how fast those "Obama/Biden" and "Coexist" bumper stickers get removed from every lib's car.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »
When things finally spiral out of control (in what way? take your pick) just watch how fast those "Obama/Biden" and "Coexist" bumper stickers get removed from every lib's car.
I thought those signs were there so we all could easily identify them as "marked for death" Rarely does the other side make it easy to to identify themselves without opening their mouths.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »

I can still tell if the car is  a Subaru or a Hybrid (or full on electric) .  The Cannabis sticker will still be there.  The back will still be packed with crap and dog hair, and a cloud of SMUG will still surround them. And if you can get them talking they will reveal themselves -- they simply can't have a conversation without injecting their heartfelt and arrogant superiority and bragging about their fabulousness ( "I  live next door to the VERY BEST Ice Cream store in the world. The Ice Cream you eat is okay, but you have to try this store, because it has the VERY, VERY BEST, no one makes it better, ice cream.. except for maybe that one place I visited before I  climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and after that fabulous Trek that I took to Nepal..."  BANG!)

And even if that doesn't work just ask them if they believe in Live and Let live, or to explain the idea that their rights end where yours begin, or just to explain why they believe something and how they came to that conclusion.  Silence?  BANG!

They won't be fooling anyone.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 02:01:36 PM by Weisshaupt »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »
Lol.  Love the BANG!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 05:28:54 PM »
Perhaps carrying a good fast-drying clear sealer in the car will be helpful in making tard sticker removal more difficult?
 ::evil::

But we don't need the stickers, as previously discussed all they have to do is be made to talk...

BANG!   ::thumbsup::