Author Topic: So You Thought That Great Budget Deal Eliminated 4 Czars, Did You?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Found on FNC

President Obama may have never met a "czar" he didn't like and he's not about to bid farewell to any of them now, despite a budget deal he struck with Republican leaders last week that eliminated four of these positions.

The budget compromise that Obama, House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid reached in the final moments before the government shut down last Friday included language effectively eliminating the czar positions overseeing health care, climate change, the auto industry and urban affairs – positions that don't require Senate confirmation.

But after signing the legislation Friday that funds the government through the end of September and cuts $38 billion in spending, Obama issued a signing statement saying he would ignore the part about his czars, arguing that defunding those positions violated his constitutional authority.

That Boehner sure is a smart, tough negotiator. I sure am glad we have a smart, tough as nails negotiator on our side. We would be in a real pickle if we didn't have Speaker Boehner at bat for us. Woo, boy!
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: So You Thought That Great Budget Deal Eliminated 4 Czars, Did You?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 07:26:11 PM »
Hopefully this is a lesson learned. Next go around we see what we got. You can't trust the effing SOB as far as you can throw his ass.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:35:15 PM »
What would it take to force a new vote for Speaker? We need the equivalent of a parliamentary "vote of no confidence" in the current crop of feckless, good-for-nothing "leadership".
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
What?! You dissin' my man Boehner?!
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
Shhh, don't make him cry

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
Boehner so tough he don't cry...his eyeballs is just sweatin' is all. He tough like little baby's ass he is.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:20:05 PM »
Hopefully this is a lesson learned. Next go around we see what we got. You can't trust the effing SOB as far as you can throw his ass.

::saywhat::

I think all they kneed is a quorum but the House has to perceive some level of consternation from the crowd.  If I had a valid Rep. I would call her up and ask.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
Found on FNC

President Obama may have never met a "czar" he didn't like and he's not about to bid farewell to any of them now, despite a budget deal he struck with Republican leaders last week that eliminated four of these positions.

The budget compromise that Obama, House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid reached in the final moments before the government shut down last Friday included language effectively eliminating the czar positions overseeing health care, climate change, the auto industry and urban affairs – positions that don't require Senate confirmation.

But after signing the legislation Friday that funds the government through the end of September and cuts $38 billion in spending, Obama issued a signing statement saying he would ignore the part about his czars, arguing that defunding those positions violated his constitutional authority.

That Boehner sure is a smart, tough negotiator. I sure am glad we have a smart, tough as nails negotiator on our side. We would be in a real pickle if we didn't have Speaker Boehner at bat for us. Woo, boy!
Simple solution. VOTE NO for the debt limit increase. Do what all the lefty's thought we should do with all dictators, box them in. Run down the money requirement for his office and cut down to 1% of what it is currently. Cut the staff, the security, cut the medical service, cut everything but the bare essentials. If he complains, tell him to resign or shut the government down permanently. All that's required is a no vote.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 10:39:30 PM »
That Boehner is too smart and clever and tough for that. You just watch. He's gonna outfox them lefties but good over that debt limit thingy. When they start their sneaky lefty stuff he's gonna distract them with his tears and then...the comfy chair.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:45:17 PM by trapeze »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
He's gonna bawl like a 10 year old girl with a skinned knee and then go hop in a tanning bed.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:10:08 AM by Glock32 »

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 11:28:04 PM »
You know, you can't say that obama lied; he was just practising taqiyya.  ::evil::
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

RickZ

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »
You know, you can't say that obama lied; he was just practising taqiyya.  ::evil::

The budget agreement was Obama's hudna before the debt ceiling jihad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 04:02:06 AM »
He's gonna ball like a 10 year old girl with a skinned knee and then go hop in a tanning bed.

Uhh... Glock ... I think you meant "bawl" ...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »
He's gonna ball like a 10 year old girl with a skinned knee and then go hop in a tanning bed.

Uhh... Glock ... I think you meant "bawl" ...

or change the 10 to 20.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:41 AM »
Ah yes, you're right. The importance of a single letter.

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 11:39:15 AM »
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
Boehner doesn't have the stones to hold the debt limit hostage...but maybe the members do...or the members can choose a new Speaker!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.